September 20, 2024, 12:02:34 AM

Author Topic: 2009-01-28- Detroit, MI - St. Andrew's Hall  (Read 11325 times)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: SW's 2009 Solo Tour - SOLD OUT SHOWS!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 02:25:23 PM »
To be fair, the Detroit venue only has a capacity of 1000, the venue for the STP gig in Detroit (which is the gig I went to) holds 2200 people and STP sold it out twice.

Anyone can sell a show out if they hold it in a small enough venue :P

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 03:23:49 PM »
Quote from: "The Action Girls"
Scott Weiland can sell out solo shows? Didn't even know it was possible. Wait a second, I bet at least 80% of those people are there to hear Stone Temple Pilots. No doubt about it.
Whats with all the negative Scott posts???????
 He has the power to make or break people.
Hawk.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 04:07:35 PM »
Scott sold out Irving Plaza which holds 1100.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 04:11:19 PM »
Power to make or break people? I'm sorry, we're talking about Scott Weiland?
Back for another one

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 04:38:15 PM »
Scott Weiland can sell out solo shows? Didn't even know it was possible. Wait a second, I bet at least 80% of those people are there to hear Stone Temple Pilots. No doubt about it.

If you are so negative about everything Scott does....why are you here?  Almost all the posts you make have some form of bitching or whining or bashing...I tend to respect other people's opinions but Jesus tapdancing Christ it's getting old...cut it out already.

heartnsoul

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »
Who is going to Denver?

everylilwhore

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 07:11:06 PM »
Quote from: "Lazy Divey"

If you are so negative about everything Scott does....why are you here?  Almost all the posts you make have some form of bitching or whining or bashing...I tend to respect other people's opinions but Jesus tapdancing Christ it's getting old...cut it out already.

I agree.

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
I'm just busting his balls. People here have said themselves, barely anyone knows of his solo CD and a lot of people that are showing up to his concerts are being assholes and are shouting "STP" cause apparently their tickets read "Stone Temple Pilots". I just made a pass at the fact that people buy these tickets to hear STP songs. Surely you know this. I'm glad Scott can sell out a show (or shows) during his solo stint.

F.Y.I. If I want to "bitch and whine" about an artist (whom I support through the act of purchasing their CD) and say negative things, I have every goddamn right to do so.
Back for another one

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 09:42:49 PM »
F.Y.I. If I want to "bitch and whine" about an artist (whom I support through the act of purchasing their CD) and say negative things, I have every goddamn right to do so.

Absolutely agree. It just majority of your posts (more recent posts actually) have been on the negative side. I mean, we got the point the first few times. That's all they were trying to say.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 12:37:26 AM »
Ok... Im about to freak the fuck out here...

MY VEGAS DATE is missing from the Ticketmaster site... they NEVER went on sale, and now the whole date is GONE... Im gonna cray & start breaking shit...
NO NO NO!!!!  :'(

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 12:40:35 AM »
Yep make or break!!!!
Make you in the limelight  rockstar(Doug) and Break you and send ya back to the couch(Matt).
 H.

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 02:08:22 AM »
Andrew~~I just checked Ticketmaster's website and the only option to buy tix was through Tickets Now but when I checked Livenation it looked like tix were available.  I may be wrong butI clicked on 8 tickets and it gave me the total price but I didn't go any farther...all I'm saying is try livenation before you buy them somewhere else. :)

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 03:23:10 AM »
Muther.....

My Vegas date HAS been cancled. Guess them doing the NYE taping had something to do with it... I dont get it, but now I gotta to go to Hollywood. Which I LOVE being there, I was just lieking not having to travel, but its all good. Hollywood is fun & its my fav place to go play in, so it was meant to be. I was considering doing that show in the 1st place, but trying to explain it to my bf was going to be a interesting thing. Now he has to not give me probs.

And its the LAST date of the tour which is always kinda special.

YAY, Hollywood!!!

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 04:41:30 AM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
Andrew~~I just checked Ticketmaster's website and the only option to buy tix was through Tickets Now but when I checked Livenation it looked like tix were available.  I may be wrong butI clicked on 8 tickets and it gave me the total price but I didn't go any farther...all I'm saying is try livenation before you buy them somewhere else. :)

thanks for the heads up... not quite sure why that happened... i went thru the checkout and the ticket ended up being $49... i was able to buy 2 tickets off of some guy on EBay today for only $75... I'll sell one of them to a friend or fellow SW fan and lower our average cost well below face value...

thanks,

aH.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 05:22:46 AM »
Is anyone else going to the Baltimore show on the 27th?
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007