September 12, 2024, 03:53:07 AM

Author Topic: 2009-02-05 - San Francisco, CA - Grand Ballroom  (Read 7495 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-02-05 - San Francisco, CA - Grand Ballroom
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 01:16:07 AM »
Quote from: "bonebroke"
i wasn't speaking of anything mentioned.
We're finally getting some rain this week.
Stay dry, happy 21st

I know, I was just thinking of concert contraband and that was the first thing that came to mind. Jokes!

Is it going to rain? Cause it's like 75 degrees and sunny outside. And it has been since at least Friday.

It better not rain on my birthday!
Bleeda blooda

bonebroke

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 01:24:58 AM »
it better rain sometime or we're going to be in deep shit.

i just wanted to capture Atlanta on DAT but I don't think I'm going at this point.

bonebroke

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 01:31:50 AM »
The email from AEG live says the $10 offer is good from Fri thru last Sunday.
But the option is still available on the link....hmmmm

Visions of Mexico

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 07:33:37 AM »
'Sup, guys? This is my first post, even though I've been lurking this board for over a year.

Anyways, I really want to go to this show, I've seen STP once and VR twice, and I'm really dying to hear "Atlanta" and "Unglued" live. I've gotta pick up Weiland's new solo album though, I love "Missing Cleveland."

So, what I'm getting at, is are there any 10 dollar tickets left or am I gonna have to pay the 28+ convenience fee? Or does anyone on here have 2 extra tickets they'd be willing to seel for under 28 bucks? This economy sucks, man.

Hopefully I get to go.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 09:11:29 PM »
I'm going to this show in SF.....does Scott have an opening act or two and if so...who are they??

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 09:25:32 PM »
Quote from: "Virgojams"
I'm going to this show in SF.....does Scott have an opening act or two and if so...who are they??

Apparently The Color Turning is the opening act.

I've seen them twice already, and they're an alright band to watch. Definitely better than some of the openers I've seen. And they're leagues better than the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

It's nice that I woke up sick the day before the concert/my birthday. Too much congestion in my head.  :(
Bleeda blooda

down

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 09:54:41 AM »
Happy Birthday Andrew!

I thought BRMC sounded awful in Berkeley, but just due to sound issues, not so much their sound..
I only re-call liking maybe two The Color Turning songs..

See everyone later.
All that first class jet-set brings me down, down down,
All that first class drug shit brings me down...

mrtootles

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »
Fantastic. Everyone looked like they were having a great time.

Highlights for me were Unglued, Barbarella, and the bubbles during Beautiful Day; during the happy keyboard part Scott did this awesome dance and combined with the bubbles... Awesome. (I was stoned).

For those curious, I haven't seen Scott dance that much since....No 4 tour?
Eddie Izzard: 7/18, STP: 7/25, 8/31,
Beck: 8/25, 08/30, Radiohead: 8/25

down

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 09:35:08 AM »
It feels as if i am never going to meet Scott, although i did do a spot for their tour documentary [got my Heaven&hotrods tattoo filmed!] & I got a setlist signed by Doug and the drummer!
The show was lots of fun, but i do wish there would've been more variety with the song choices, ahem,  cough*pictures and computers*cough
Beautiful day was amazing, esp with the bubbles.

I had to really resist not smacking the guy yelling out DEAD AND BLOATED. No. Just no.

And if anyone was asked to make out with a tall guy, that was my doing, but no, I wasn't that girl.

opening jam
reel around the fountain
Killing me sweetly
vasoline
paralysis
mockingbird girl
atlanta
big black monster
unglued
blind confusion
space jam
interstate love song
fame
barbarella
beautiful day
missing cleveland
All that first class jet-set brings me down, down down,
All that first class drug shit brings me down...

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 09:08:28 PM »
Yes! Last night's show was simply amazing! Scott was on 10 the whole night! My highlights were when he did Atlanta, Blind Confusion, Barbarella, Beautiful Day with all the bubbles falling, Vasoline among many others last night. I agreed with the previous person on here as far as Scott dancing up a storm last night. I even got some video footage of him doing that. Funny moment when Doug Green purposely fell to the ground and played his guitar then the other guitarists did that THEN Scott fell to the ground too and was just there laying and moving around like the other guys! lol Scott was dancing around so much that he took a quick tumble near the drum kit but he quickly picked himself back up and continuing dancing like nothing happened. During one jam session he went over to the drums and got some drumsticks and began to pound away for awhile. That was pretty sweet! I was highly impressed! Awesome show!!!   O0

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 09:44:06 PM »
What a kickass birthday it was. Way better than last year when I saw VR. I bought 6 tickets, and actually found 5 more people to go with. Crazy.

I was in the front row, closer to the bassist and guitarist than Doug, but pretty much in the middle. Awesome view, except me and my girlfriend got stuck in front of one of those guys that has to stand 6 inches from your back, with his shoes pretty much in between yours.

I had to feel beer gut every time I moved off the barrier.  >:(

Scott definitely sounded/looked the best that I have ever seen him. 4 out of 6 people that I went with that didn't know any of the songs all mentioned Beautiful Day as one of the songs they liked. Because it was "trippy." My personal favorites were Blind Confusion and Vasoline. Atlanta was amazing of course.

I really would have liked to hear Blister On My Soul and Tangle With Your Mind.

Here's some crappy pictures of the band lying down. It's the worst 2 megapixel cell phone camera I've used. I'll see if my friends got any good ones.

Bleeda blooda

sbennett

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 11:45:51 PM »
DITTO !!! I saw him in NJ the end of January and I too was so disappointed that they didn't play  Blister on My Soul and Tangle With Your Mind.... :o

I can't complain though...The show was friggin AWESOME !!!!

bonebroke

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 02:19:26 AM »
Was he smoking cigs incessantly?

Berkeley Greek Theater: "Ahhh, nicotine"  :-

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 02:23:03 AM »
I also have to add that at the end of the show during the last jam...out of nowhere Doug Green takes off his guitar and hands it to the audience. This one kid freaks out like...you're giving me your guitar??? lol Doug motioned to play on it so some people stuck out their hands and just messed with it a lil and then they handed it back to Doug! Awesome moment!
      I had this eerie feeling of how exact Atlanta sounded just like the album version. I could close my eyes and there would be no difference.  I was in awe! This definitely was a kick ass moment! The setlist was long too! Scott was full of smile and laughs the whole entire night!  ;D

STPCreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 02:33:04 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"

Except for the drug hair....   O0

It's a joke don't shoot me. It's at that one guy's expense. The guy who made the original drug hair comment.

Thanks.