October 01, 2024, 09:24:45 AM

Author Topic: 2008-10-28 - Lincoln, NE - Pershing Center  (Read 10292 times)

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
2008-10-28 - Lincoln, NE - Pershing Center
« on: August 15, 2008, 08:15:07 AM »
Date: October 28, 2008
Venue: Pershing Center; 226 Centennial Mall S; Lincoln, NE 68508; U.S.A.
Box Office Number: (402) 441-7500

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/megmeixner
Re: 2008-10-28 - Lincoln, NE - Pershing Center
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 10:10:40 PM »
I wonder how long they are going to wait before posting the info on this show. I would like to try and go but it depends on the details. The venue website does not even have anything posted and STP's website still has TBA about ticket sales. I wonder if that means that it's not a "true set" date? I am seeing them in Tulsa on the 26th and then hopefully this show...STP twice in three days!!! Hell yeah baby ;D
What is What and What Makes You Feel Good?

dada402

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 10:02:36 PM »
I won tickets to this show from a local radio station in Omaha. I wonder why this show is reserved seating. That's kind of lame.

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 11:34:33 PM »
Quote from: "dada402"
I won tickets to this show from a local radio station in Omaha. I wonder why this show is reserved seating. That's kind of lame.
I agree...what kind of seats did you win? The balcony seats are the cheapest then reserved floor then something called Golden Circle...although I have no idea where those are because it's not labeled on the floor plan. I think it's a pretty big venue also...(well IMO ...7145)

dada402

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 06:53:42 PM »
Quote from: "STmotherfuckinP"
I agree...what kind of seats did you win? The balcony seats are the cheapest then reserved floor then something called Golden Circle...although I have no idea where those are because it's not labeled on the floor plan. I think it's a pretty big venue also...(well IMO ...7145)

I don't know what my seats are because the station does not have them yet. They will call me when they arrive. But, I think that this show will be a half house. They are going to curtain off one half of the arena. So that means, any seat should be a good seat.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:12:09 PM by dada402 »

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 02:22:44 AM »
I don't know what my seats are because the station does not have them yet. They will call me when they arrive. But, I think that this show will be a half house. They are going to curtain off one half of the arena. So that means, any seat should be a good seat.
that's sweet..I was hoping that they would do that with it being so large. Where did you hear that...or are you just taken an educated guess?

dada402

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 03:25:22 AM »
that's sweet..I was hoping that they would do that with it being so large. Where did you hear that...or are you just taken an educated guess?

I read it somewhere. I cannot remember where. But then I experimented by going to ticketmaster and choosing the cheapest seats and seeing where it would put me. It put me on the last section where the half-house cuts off at.

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 03:28:14 AM »

I read it somewhere. I cannot remember where. But then I experimented by going to ticketmaster and choosing the cheapest seats and seeing where it would put me. It put me on the last section where the half-house cuts off at.

I see...I tried that..choosing the cheapest seats and they were up in the balconies but to the left of the stage. So I got floor seats..badass seats too ;D I read somewhere that this venue is not a very good place to see a concert. That it's kind of run down and the sound is not very good. Anyone else hear that or know anything about the venue?

dada402

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 12:38:14 PM »
I see...I tried that..choosing the cheapest seats and they were up in the balconies but to the left of the stage. So I got floor seats..badass seats too ;D I read somewhere that this venue is not a very good place to see a concert. That it's kind of run down and the sound is not very good. Anyone else hear that or know anything about the venue?

The acoustics are crap. I saw NIN there a couple of years ago. Other than that, it's just a typical venue. It's pretty old so nothing fancy about it. But Lincoln is a college town, so the atmosphere should be good.

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 03:17:08 PM »

The acoustics are crap. I saw NIN there a couple of years ago. Other than that, it's just a typical venue. It's pretty old so nothing fancy about it. But Lincoln is a college town, so the atmosphere should be good.

that's the other thing that I heard. That it's a great city to have it just not the greatest venue...I have never been but hear that Lincoln is a really fun place. ;D Can't wait!!

dada402

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 08:51:30 PM »
Got my tix from the radio station today and they are the cheap seats of course. But that's okay because its' a half house. Can't wait.

dada402

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 07:14:57 PM »

The mystery continues.............I just called the venue and they said that it is going to be a Full house and not a half house.

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 01:48:08 AM »

The mystery continues.............I just called the venue and they said that it is going to be a Full house and not a half house.
man that really blows so are your seats really shitty though or are they still decent. So glad I got like 7th row floor seats ;D

dada402

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 08:08:07 PM »
man that really blows so are your seats really shitty though or are they still decent. So glad I got like 7th row floor seats ;D

I'm going to be in section 21 which is halfway and the arena is not big. They are not bad at all. But for some reason, I don't think that the person I talked to really knows for sure. Either way I am in. I didn't pay for it so that's even better.

Did you pay face value for your seats??

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 02:38:10 AM »
I'm going to be in section 21 which is halfway and the arena is not big. They are not bad at all. But for some reason, I don't think that the person I talked to really knows for sure. Either way I am in. I didn't pay for it so that's even better.

Did you pay face value for your seats??
yeah I got those bitches at 10:05 and tickets went on sale at 10:00 I was not messing around ;D My total was 115.00 for two tickets after ticketbastard fees and all. Totally worth it though Section 52 row FF....nope you can't complain about free shit!