September 19, 2024, 08:48:16 AM

Author Topic: Dean Says New Pilots Album Not A Definite  (Read 21124 times)

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Dean Says New Pilots Album Not A Definite
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2008, 03:25:17 PM »
Quote from: "EustaciaWildeve"
Well . . . Aerosmith did some interesting stuff with their comeback.  I'll admit, it isn't as good as it once was, but their newer stuff was still worth listening to.

What?!? Anything after PUMP was fucking awful!
Take it.

EustaciaWildeve

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2008, 05:09:32 PM »
Quote from: "Vaporized"

Permanent Vacation, Pump, and Get A Grip (I beg to differ) certainly were not awful.  All of those were albums after their comeback.  I can't speak for what happened after Get A Grip, but my point still stands.  They did do some interesting stuff for their comeback.  Granted nothing they've ever done just before or after their hiatus will compare to their first four albums.
They sell their words but it\'s all a lie . . .

[url=http://www.fan2band.com/dl/re/scottweiland/1708

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2008, 09:00:59 PM »
Quote from: "Vaporized"

MAJOR disagreement there buddy. Nine Lives was VERY VERY underrated. One of my favorite Aerosmith albums. The singles were not the greatest, but the album cuts were killer, including The Farm, Taste of India, Somethings Gotta Give, and one of my personal favorites from that album (and one of my wife's too) Ain't That A Bitch.

Just Push Play was ok. It was way too polished and over-produced for an Aerosmith album. There are a few gems on that album though, including Sunshine and Beyond Beautiful.

Get A Grip is solid. That's how I was originally introduced to Aerosmith until my dad busted out all his LPs from their 70's collection. Was the Cryin-Crazy-Amazing trilogy overplayed? Perhaps. Amazing is still a great song with a tremendous message. (Despite the horrible video) Also, I can NEVER get enough of Eat the Rich, Fever, and Walk On Down.

Everything after Pump awful? Your ears are most certainly filled with potatoes. It's a must that anyone who dismisses Aerosmith should listen to their last album Honkin' On Bobo. The boys still got it. The blues cover album that's been in the making since the Pump sessions FUCKIN ROCKS. I agree that their music became much poppier in the 90s, but if Bobo is any indication of where they are going, and am VERY excited to hear the next record.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

lisa6178

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2008, 09:02:58 PM »
^^

Once again I agree with you!

And I love Honkin' On Bobo.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2008, 09:47:37 PM »
I love Honkin' on Bobo too!!

Quote from: "adhesive-love"
I don't wana hate on the Pilots but honestly, I don't think they can ever create an album as epic as their others.  Too many bands today are trying to record albums and come back into the scene but it just doesn't seem to work.

For example...
Metallica
ACDC
Guns N Roses

Nothing will ever be as epic as it once was.

I'm hoping for the best for the new album, but I wonder if we will get another #1 single.

I see your point, but I'm not hoping for a #1 single or an epic album...A single become a #1 because of the people, and I know nowadays people don't listen good music, and they not pay attention to the big bands, it's the same with an epic album...It used to be necessary that the album were good to be epic, but not anymore... So I would not take seriously what people, critics, or numbers say... if the album keeps me satisfied it's perfect for me, it's all I care...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2008, 10:30:02 PM »
I think Tiny Music was highly underrated and started their downward commercial spiral. It wasn't Purple 2 and the average music fan didn't jump on. At that time, kids were blowing and loving (God knows why) bands like N*SYNC and Britteny Spears and all that poppy shit. Hip-Hop was making a come back, too. Rock music took a different directional turn in the mid to late 90s and STP just didn't go that direction. After that, people forgot about them or just didn't care to listen. SLDD was a good rock album, but it was under prompted and slipped through the cracks. If people actually listened to the body of work that is STP, I'm sure they would think differently. I'm not saying STP is Led Zeppelin, but in retrospect I think STP will be more appreciated in the later decades.

As for the possible new record that isn't a definite because Mr. 'Wild Card' Scott Weiland is apparently the one holding out... If STP makes anything new, I'm sure I will like it and that's all I personally care about. AoA musically was awesome and I could only imagine how it would have been if Scott was singing on it. I honestly think that if they do choose to make a record, it won't be commercially big, it won't be played on the radio and it won't sell at all... But I'll buy it and blast it in my car.
adhesive love

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2008, 11:30:45 PM »
You know thinking about it if STP don't record another album, I'll stick with the DeLeos and Eric, because they've all indicated they want a new album and Dean and Robert have hinted it's basically Scott's decision.  If Scott decides to bail I can no longer be a fan of the guy, I just can't.  I'm more of a fan of Stone Temple Pilots than I am of just Scott Weiland.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2008, 05:36:54 AM »
Just Push Play was a great record if you go by the first 6 or 7 songs. All those songs at the end were just a bunch of fillers - didn't do anything for me. Honkin' On Bobo was pretty awesome as well.

Nine Lives is a VERY underrated album. I think Pink is one of the greatest songs they've ever made.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

Cucho

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/voxfantome
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2008, 05:47:24 AM »
Quote from: "Casper"
...SLDD was a good rock album, but it was under prompted and slipped through the cracks. ...
Days of the Week shouldn't have been the first single. I don't know wtf Q Prime (former management) was thinking. Also they released the video the same day the album was coming out.

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/megmeixner
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2008, 05:50:23 AM »
Quote from: "gravedancer"
Just Push Play was a great record if you go by the first 6 or 7 songs. All those songs at the end were just a bunch of fillers - didn't do anything for me. Honkin' On Bobo was pretty awesome as well.

Nine Lives is a VERY underrated album. I think Pink is one of the greatest songs they've ever made.

I loved Nine Lives and the Art work ;D And yes Pink is badass
What is What and What Makes You Feel Good?

EustaciaWildeve

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2008, 06:05:59 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
MAJOR disagreement there buddy. Nine Lives was VERY VERY underrated. One of my favorite Aerosmith albums. The singles were not the greatest, but the album cuts were killer, including The Farm, Taste of India, Somethings Gotta Give, and one of my personal favorites from that album (and one of my wife's too) Ain't That A Bitch.

Just Push Play was ok. It was way too polished and over-produced for an Aerosmith album. There are a few gems on that album though, including Sunshine and Beyond Beautiful.

Get A Grip is solid. That's how I was originally introduced to Aerosmith until my dad busted out all his LPs from their 70's collection. Was the Cryin-Crazy-Amazing trilogy overplayed? Perhaps. Amazing is still a great song with a tremendous message. (Despite the horrible video) Also, I can NEVER get enough of Eat the Rich, Fever, and Walk On Down.

Everything after Pump awful? Your ears are most certainly filled with potatoes. It's a must that anyone who dismisses Aerosmith should listen to their last album Honkin' On Bobo. The boys still got it. The blues cover album that's been in the making since the Pump sessions FUCKIN ROCKS. I agree that their music became much poppier in the 90s, but if Bobo is any indication of where they are going, and am VERY excited to hear the next record.

Thank you.  I couldn't have said it better myself.
They sell their words but it\'s all a lie . . .

[url=http://www.fan2band.com/dl/re/scottweiland/1708

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2008, 03:33:15 AM »
Just a vibe of everything and the way everything has been goin in the music industry. I'm very negative and maybe some of you can cheer me up.
I'm a huge SW fan but with solo lp's and independance and the future of stp I think will only be if ever again living and thriving on the past but never the future.
 Scott has already gone down too many different roads with too many different people to harness any magic with his original brothers who helped make him what he is today to even come close to making any new material with stp.
 Believe me Scott is the most genius person I have evr seen in the music business. He comes up with the most amazing stuff when when he's reached the dark and narrow to pull himself back up and out of the wretches of hell.
 Sorry to be a bummer but just talking in reasons.
HawkOUT
ps Never wanna see stp gone for good thats for sure.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2008, 03:42:36 AM »
Quote from: "gravedancer"
Just Push Play was a great record if you go by the first 6 or 7 songs.

JJP has some decent deeper cuts, like Drop Dead Gorgeous and Luv Lies. (Which I thought was a modern day version of What It Takes) I REALLY liked the very last track Face. (Bonus track) Great acoustic track, which oddly enough Aerosmith doesn't have too many of those.

The problem was the choice of singles. Jaded obviously was HUGE and a great first choice. However, the second single Fly Away From Here was nothing more then an attempt to recreate the success of I Don't Want To Miss A Thing. It BOMBED huge. By the time they released Sunshine, the album didn't recover until Dodge picked up the title track for their car commercials a year later. THAT should have been the second single.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

MoreCowbell

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2008, 04:26:57 AM »
This is the FREAKIEST thing - I JUST had a conversation today about Aerosmith where I ran down the albums with a close friend of mine. Nine Lives is my favorite album they've done, with Ain't That a Bitch being my favorite Aerosmith song of them all.

I had to comment on this wild timing!

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2008, 12:30:50 AM »
the album will happen the old jedi mind trick.