September 26, 2024, 10:51:14 PM

Author Topic: Merchandise  (Read 65391 times)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: "Stone Temple Pilots" Japan Edition
« Reply #270 on: April 27, 2010, 01:12:36 PM »
Quote from: "Shangri"
What the hell I have to buy? ???
I can't get my hands on Target's. That's all I know
I'm dizzy...
So, we know the tracklist of every edition except the deluxe edition from the site?

It seems like all the 'deluxe' editions thus far include Samba Nova and the 3 live tracks.  If you pre-order through i-Tunes you can get About a Fool (this song won't be available after 05/25).  I'm still waiting to see what the 'official' STP store edition contains....it says only 2 bonus tracks, so perhaps its just About A Fool & Samba Nova?  I believe the Target edition will contain the interview that is listed on i-Tunes, but I won't know for sure until Target puts the album on their site.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 27, 2010, 01:38:29 PM »
Hahaha. Check this out.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Stone+Templ ... &lp=2&cp=1

It just keeps getting worse! Best Buy has a deluxe edition, but they don't show the tracklist either.

I'm guessing we'll hear some other outtakes. You Can't Drive Me Away. Watch, I bet the Japanese edition is going to have Only Dying.
Bleeda blooda

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 27, 2010, 01:49:11 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Hahaha. Check this out.

It just keeps getting worse! Best Buy has a deluxe edition, but they don't show the tracklist either.

I'm guessing we'll hear some other outtakes. You Can't Drive Me Away. Watch, I bet the Japanese edition is going to have Only Dying.

Yeah, I saw that the other day as well.  I assume it will be the same as the Amazon.com verison but who knows :).

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #273 on: April 27, 2010, 02:22:22 PM »
I think that what it boils down to is that the exclusives are all going to be a mix match of the same cluster of tracks - Samba Nova, About A Fool, Only Dying and then various live tracks from the recent Riviera show.

If that's the case, then we've all pretty much got the Riviera show already, and although most of us have the old outtakes, the re-recorded versions are sure to pop up online at some point.  I want the album to be successful, but I just have no desire to buy this album repeatedly, myself.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 27, 2010, 02:46:17 PM »
Quote from: "IMJ"
I think that what it boils down to is that the exclusives are all going to be a mix match of the same cluster of tracks - Samba Nova, About A Fool, Only Dying and then various live tracks from the recent Riviera show.

If that's the case, then we've all pretty much got the Riviera show already, and although most of us have the old outtakes, the re-recorded versions are sure to pop up online at some point.  I want the album to be successful, but I just have no desire to buy this album repeatedly, myself.

We don't know if Only Dying will be included in any of the deluxe editions (I'm assuming it won't).  We also don't know if the SLDD outtakes were re-recorded or not.  They could just be 'high-quality' versions of the tracks we already have (although this would be the first time they would be officially released)

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 27, 2010, 10:08:10 PM »

Are there recordings of the Riv show available?  I'm from Chicago also (was at the show) and would love to get a copy.  I'm assuming it's in the downloads section?  I better start posting more...

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2010, 08:59:18 PM »
Quote from: "DumbLove"

Are there recordings of the Riv show available?  I'm from Chicago also (was at the show) and would love to get a copy.  I'm assuming it's in the downloads section?  I better start posting more...

Yup...
There were mixed reviews of the show, but I thought it was great, energetic and tight performance in general (barring a few pretty minimal hiccups, like tripping on stage).  That show was filmed by Vh1 as well. I'm hoping we get a neat quick shot on camera as it passed right over where we were standing near the stairs!
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2010, 09:10:23 PM »

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=297684

***** 16-bit, 44kHz version *****

Stone Temple Pilots
Riviera Theater: Chicago, IL
March 27, 2010

Source: Schoeps MK4s > Nbox > Edirol R-09 @ 24-bit / 44.1kHz
Transfer: SD Card > USB > Audacity 1.3 (dither) > CDWave > TLH
Taper: tapeworm(48)

Setlist:

01 -crowd-
02 Intro
03 Vasoline
04 Crackerman
05 Wicked Garden
06 Hollywood Bitch
07 Between the Lines
08 Hickory Dichotomy
09 Big Empty
10 Sour Girl
11 Creep
12 Plush
13 Interstate Love Song
14 Bagman
15 Huckleberry Crumble
16 Sex Type Thing
17 Dead & Bloated
18 Lounge Fly
19 -encore break-
20 Piece of Pie
21 Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart
22 Outro

Notes: Opening band was Tab the Band. Raw transfer with no fades or EQ.

Archive: Master WAV was archived @ 24-bit/44.1kHz and FLAC'd with cue sheet.

Taped and transferred by tapeworm(48)
Txt file compiled on 3/28/2010

*** DO NOT DISTRIBUTE IN LOSSY FORMATS. DO NOT SELL THIS RECORDING, TRADE IT FREELY ***
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 29, 2010, 07:53:33 PM »
Quote from: "zjt228"

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=297684

Thanks for the link!

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 29, 2010, 08:32:18 PM »

Yup...
There were mixed reviews of the show, but I thought it was great, energetic and tight performance in general (barring a few pretty minimal hiccups, like tripping on stage).  That show was filmed by Vh1 as well. I'm hoping we get a neat quick shot on camera as it passed right over where we were standing near the stairs!

Yeah, I thought the show was one of the best times I've seen them - agree with what you said.  What stairs were you near?  I was on the floor on Rob's side about half way up.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #280 on: April 29, 2010, 10:13:16 PM »
Here's the running time for all the songs on this disc:

Source: http://listen.jp/store/cddetail_4943674099108.htm

1. Between The Lines (2:50)
2. Take A Load Off (3:11)
3. Huckleberry Crumble (3:10)
4. Hickory Dichotomy (3:22)
5. Dare If You Dare (4:29)
6. Cinnamon (3:33)
7. Hazy Daze (2:59)
8. Bagman (2:45)
9. Peacoat (3:29)
10. Fast As I Can (3:33)
11. First Kiss On Mars (3:03)
12. Maver (4:52)

Total Running Time: 41:16

13. Samba Nova (3:33)
14. Vasoline (Live from Chicago) (3:10)
15. Hickory Dichotomy (Live from Chicago) (3:18)
16. Between The Lines (Live from Chicago) (2:55)

Total Running Time, incl. Bonus Tracks: 54:12

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2010, 10:57:45 PM »
Quote from: "Rik"

Thanks Rik.

Looks like we won't be getting much "stretching out" on this album. That's ok with me - I love that STP keeps it tight and, given the recording process, expectations weren't that high in terms of experimentation.

I'm looking forward to a strong commercial CD - not a classic like SLDD or TM but a worthy "bookend" or whatever.

jermthefan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2010, 11:53:17 PM »
Quote from: "Stop That Pigeon"
Quote from: "Rik"

Thanks Rik.

Looks like we won't be getting much "stretching out" on this album. That's ok with me - I love that STP keeps it tight and, given the recording process, expectations weren't that high in terms of experimentation.

I'm looking forward to a strong commercial CD - not a classic like SLDD or TM but a worthy "bookend" or whatever.
Although it totally blows that the album is so short, I'm happy we're getting a disc period. But I'm not gonna lie. I wish the songs were longer. I love how Them Crooked Vultures did their album. Long epic songs. I know not all bands can pull that off, but STP could. So just like everything else, you can't please everybody all of the time.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2010, 03:30:29 AM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
Hahaha. Check this out.

Yeah, I saw that the other day as well.  I assume it will be the same as the Amazon.com verison but who knows :).

Best Buy updated their site with the deluxe edition tracklisting......same as all the other 'deluxe' editions thus far......still waiting to find out what the official site's bonus CD contains.

sevencagedtigers

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.snuffbooks.com
« Reply #284 on: April 30, 2010, 05:18:52 AM »
Hahaha. Check this out.

Best Buy updated their site with the deluxe edition tracklisting......same as all the other 'deluxe' editions thus far......still waiting to find out what the official site's bonus CD contains.

Will someone with a sound mind please explain why Japan gets deluxe songs? A lot of bands do this. You'd think it would be us who get everything. Not to sound like a selfish ass, but I am.
Keep it Brutal at www.snuffbooks.com