September 19, 2024, 10:24:22 PM

Author Topic: Official Website Changed  (Read 10545 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Official Website Changed
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 05:37:33 AM »
All the top songs on my computer are by VR. I love STP to death, but I'm more into straight up rock n roll. I love every song off of both of their albums. Except Don't Drop That Dime. They should have just not included that at the end of Gravedancer.

They've definitely lost 99% of their appeal after losing Scott.

Hopefully they get some jackhole like Scott Stapp. Oh man that would suck. Hahaha.
Bleeda blooda

Hap

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 07:21:13 AM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
IMO, that is the biggest problem why they didnt succeed.  VR became more of a coverband for GnR and STP than a legitimate band.  Hopefully they will recitify that in the future.  The last time I saw VR in January they did 3 STP songs and 3 GnR songs.  In addition they also did "Wish You Were Here".  Thats 7 cover songs in one set!!!!  As a fan of their CDs, I felt robbed... rightfully so.  They have plenty of amazing songs that weren't played at that last show (e.g., Gravedancer; Pills, Demons, etc; Just Sixteen, You Got No Right, Illegal I, etc, Dirty Little Thing, the list goes on).  VR made a mockery of themselves, and that, more so than SW's alleged "problems" is the real reason for the departure of SW.  They might not realize that yet, but that is the core problem at the deepest level (again IMO).

I agree...I saw VR twice...the last time when SW had to sing a GNR song, he put his arm over his eyes, grabbed the mike with his hand...he totally hid his face and I thought...this must be hell for him, to have to sing GNR songs (that night he went into rehab)...yes, I also wanted to hear VR songs... in both concerts, those interludes were awkward...VR is dreaming if they think they can have someone else sing those songs....I think all VR songs are really SW songs, written with VR in mind...(a harder,faster, driven sort of sound) Weiland has the capacity to write in different types of genres...with a band like STP, he can cover a wider range of sound, and with his solo stuff, he can just let loose. VR is now a band without a songwriter/singer...

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 03:35:57 AM »
Quote from: "Long Way Home"
I agree with everyone you said except I am not a big fan of Pills, Demons, etc....Just never really got into that song. The track that I think is under-rated from Libertad is Spay. Not a lot of people seem to like it. I love the first three songs off that record though, they are great.

I love Spay but I also dig Pills, Demons etc due to it's funky sound while Spay has this punk sound that I love.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Rock Action

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 10:44:46 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
All the top songs on my computer are by VR. I love STP to death, but I'm more into straight up rock n roll. I love every song off of both of their albums. Except Don't Drop That Dime. They should have just not included that at the end of Gravedancer.

They've definitely lost 99% of their appeal after losing Scott.

Hopefully they get some jackhole like Scott Stapp. Oh man that would suck. Hahaha.

That's one way to kill a band...
**Madonna is simply Courtney Love with an occasional bath**

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 02:05:36 AM »
Creed was on the radio on the way home from work and I started laughing thinking of this thread...wow he really sucks
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 05:06:16 AM »
Scott was the main appeal in VR. Sure, people would argue that Slash is an equally appealing character, but listening to Scott and reading his lyrics in VR is what led me to discover STP.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

Navarre

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 08:23:09 AM »
I agree. I had the same thing.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2008, 03:40:16 PM »
creed is actually still being played on radio ,, interesting ,, garvedancer did you have any clue who stp was before you discovered them through VR.

rymo84

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2008, 04:50:41 PM »
I saw that Slash had some big birthday bash this week and some people like Fergie were up there singing songs while the guitar hero played his solos. Maybe she could take over and save the band.

I don't believe Scott got the invite to the event.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2008, 05:54:05 PM »
Slash just be a geust on others albums and play there solos .. thats his bread and butter

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 08:09:26 PM »
I always knew who STP were but I was never as big of a fan.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

nomis

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2008, 02:30:06 AM »
We went to the last VR gig in Amsterdam, we paid for the meet and greet which was Ok and pretty laid back. I said, and i meant it from the bottom of my heart, that the 2 VR albums were 2 of my fave albums of this decade, which both Slash and Duff, looked at me and  said 'Thankyou' As a parting shot I said your third album will b shite !!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2008, 07:25:52 AM »
Quote from: "nomis"
  said 'Thankyou' As a parting shot I said your third album will b shite !!
I M sure they loved that!!  Its true though..I can't wait to see who they get.  I still can't imagine anyone else singing those songs
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2008, 09:45:12 AM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
I M sure they loved that!!  Its true though..I can't wait to see who they get.  I still can't imagine anyone else singing those songs

I know, and it's not even just Fall To Pieces. It's Set Me Free. No one else can make those verses sound good. The best thing that Slash has ever done was be in a band with Scott.
Bleeda blooda

Lolzeyes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2008, 10:28:42 PM »
Whats with VR lately? They seem to be "on hold" or something... No news about the new singer, Slash's doing gigs here and there with other folks, Duff's working his side project etc..