September 27, 2024, 09:18:19 PM

Author Topic: STP pulled from BMG Music Club  (Read 9718 times)

rymo84

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP pulled from BMG Music Club
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 04:35:21 PM »
I've seen Staind with STP twice now, back in '01 and this year in Columbus. They are terrible and I'm tired of their whiney act. All of their songs put me to sleep or make me depressed. Give me anybody that rocks, whether it's Disturbed, Godsmack, PRoach, whatever, to open up for STP. I don't have to like them, but anybody that brings some energy is alright as an opening act.

bcledfoot

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 05:34:30 PM »
I just picked up SLDD from BMG about 8 months ago.  I have noticed they have been weeding down their offerings.

guitarbutt

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2008, 06:31:53 PM »
I love BMG, ive been in that club for years, but it seems theyre dropping everything good.  they used to have mudhoney, meat puppets, green river, pearl jam, silverchair, now theyve got very very little.  hardly any dylan either.   >:(

DesScorp

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 12:56:05 AM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
You know...
My sister used to work for Bertelsmann(for 30 years). Actually so did I in the early 90's when it was still called Doubleday Book and Music clubs. The German Company started swallowing up all the other book and music clubs after buying Doubleday in 86 (random house, book of the month club etc...) like a big pac man machine.
I didn't think CD clubs still existed in the age of i-tunes.

interesting....

In some cases, I prefer to buy a CD and rip it, rather than directly buying digital. This way I'm not limited to what kind of quality my track is... for instance. Amazon tends to encode their downloads at over 320k, which is overkill for me. If its an album I love, its no problem putting the CD in storage after I rip at 192k or so. If I ever want higher quality, I can just pull the CD out and re-rip. You can always downgrade a digital song's quality, but not upgrade. Having the CD comes in handy that way. And it seems that most of the time new albums cost about the same on CD as they do for downloads.
Go straight to Hell; do not pass go, do not collect $200

Porkspam

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2009, 04:01:50 AM »
I always thought the sounds quality of those cds from BMG always was a little less then their average retail counterparts.  I may be wrong.  I forget the cd I used to originally compare it to, but i had cought another copy used due to a scratch and the cd sounded different in a bad way, ike a 2nd gen bootleg like of difference.