September 29, 2024, 04:27:20 AM

Author Topic: STP Tour is not living up to promoters expectations:Article  (Read 13999 times)

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP Tour is not living up to promoters expectations:Article
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 12:21:01 AM »
Quote from: "Six7Six7"
please tell me that was sarcasm.

??? 

stpnj2008

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2008, 03:21:59 AM »
I think the ticket prices have been very reasonable for the STP shows. What drives me nuts is the service charges that ticketbastard or livenation implement for providing you with a service only they can deliver. I paid a $22.50 service charge through livenation on saturday, I don't think I can remember paying that big of a service charge ever.

illinoispilot219

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 03:27:00 AM »
i dont think the prices have been too bad for the shows i have bought tickets to .  out of  3 shows i have bought tickets forthe most i have paid was $45 and those were for pit or floor tickets . its the fees that are the problem

BrainofJD

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2008, 06:37:42 AM »
Trust me, the boys are doing well enough out on the road. If you take into consideration the economy, the cost of gas, and the lack of desposable income, the fact that they are selling out or even getting close to filling these venues is impressive. As the guys tighten up their act and get more positive reviews, the more their sales will increase. STP has shown that they are still a valuable commodity in todays music

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2008, 01:59:12 PM »
Quote from: "erichoholic2k1"
STP were never really the biggest band in the world, so I'm not surprised that they aren't selling out everywhere.

I myself almost passed on seeing STP a few weeks ago after realizing that the service charges were almost $20 for a $35 ticket. It's ridiculous, and leads to me only going to shows where I can get reduced service fees through a fan club or at the venue.

They ever toured like the "biggest band in the world" either... but I've been seeing them since the early 90's and they've always been a tough ticket to get.  Although I agree about the "service charges".... ticketmaster and live nation bullshit.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2008, 02:21:39 PM »
I know the orlando show which is august 19th isn't selling to well.

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2008, 02:44:09 PM »
I would think that some of these later summer shows won't sell as well, especially the one's during the week as parents with kids must deal with the starting of school.  Fortunately for me, the two shows I am catching are on the weekend.  Then again, the only day of school my older one missed last year was because my wife and I went to a VR concert on a Wed and he missed school that day to stay with a family member who lives in Atlanta.

What's it teach my kid that it is ok to miss school so his parents can go to a concert?  Gotta know your mothafukin' priorities I suppose.

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 04:19:09 PM »
^If I had kids I'd so do it!

Quote from: "BrainofJD"
Trust me, the boys are doing well enough out on the road. If you take into consideration the economy, the cost of gas, and the lack of desposable income, the fact that they are selling out or even getting close to filling these venues is impressive. As the guys tighten up their act and get more positive reviews, the more their sales will increase. STP has shown that they are still a valuable commodity in todays music

I completly agree with that statement. They're doing pretty impressive for the economy right now... I KNOW there are other musical acts out there sucking it up... So where are their articles?
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2008, 04:36:20 PM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"
When I saw them in the state theatre in cleveland on 05/20 it was pretty much a packed house i looked around and only saw a few seats unattended to. That article is misleading...

I was at the same three shows as you, Phil, and thought that it looked pretty damn packed at all three.

Oh, well.  What do they expect when they charge $50+ a seat and gas is $4/gallon?  lol
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

nickfas54

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2008, 06:46:06 PM »
ya i could go for another Ohio Show as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atlantic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2008, 06:19:34 AM »
2 Chicago show tickets for $125+? Those tickets are way too high, and those little charges added on are bullshit. I hate ticketmaster.

Fthro6K

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2008, 06:15:46 PM »
WRONG INFO!!! all three shows I have been to have been packed with people outside looking for tickets. So I do not agree with this idiot.
If you should die before me ask if you can bring a friend.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2008, 07:21:25 PM »
Quote from: "Atlantic"
2 Chicago show tickets for $125+? Those tickets are way too high, and those little charges added on are bullshit. I hate ticketmaster.

Yeah, it's awesome when you buy 3 tickets for 50 dollars each and then end up paying for the cost of another ticket to pay for the "convenience" fee. And by awesome, I mean horse shit.

They need to change the name, people are onto them. Something like "Ticketmaster fee so we can make as much money off you as possible" or something.

Fucking capitalism. First it ruined democracy, now it's ruining concerts.
Bleeda blooda

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2008, 01:13:49 AM »
Quote from: "Atlantic"

Try 2 Borgata AC tickets for over $200. :o

Worth it?  Absofuckinlutely.  Every last red cent.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2008, 01:22:45 AM »
^^ sucker ... lol