September 29, 2024, 02:32:03 AM

Author Topic: Happy Song  (Read 17577 times)

born2boogie

• *Happy Dancer*
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Keep Smiling ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Weiland Fans Online
Re: Happy Song
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2008, 07:34:54 AM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
Well, you know he's got taste & class, so he wouldn't do just a song to do a song. Hes not a total media whore (like puff daddy, puff diddy, puff dookie, whatever the fuck that dudes name is today!!) who is just out trying to be seen & keep his name in the spotlight. So whatever he does, I think with his past history of work, he'd do a cool song... even if it was rap... hes got all kinds of ideas & palns & musical tastes. N.E.R.D is hip hop rap isn't it usually? And he did a song with Pharell.

just hope he never dose this kind of Rap lol Rap?

I like some rap and hip-hop N.E.R.D I consder main stream hip-hop :)
Why surrender this way I feel so raped just like an open book that no one wants to read. Don't turn away.. :'(

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2008, 03:31:55 AM »
any word on the first single scott made a video for happy i need a video and the song on the radio.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2008, 04:29:41 AM »
Quote from: "Junior"
any word on the first single scott made a video for happy i need a video and the song on the radio.

that was just a type of "demo' video" it might never see the light of day... believe me, I aksed already a while ago, thats how I learned about Pharell wanting to keep "Happy" for himself... guess we'll just have to wait & see.

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2008, 04:46:20 AM »
that was just a type of "demo' video" it might never see the light of day... believe me, I aksed already a while ago, thats how I learned about Pharell wanting to keep "Happy" for himself... guess we'll just have to wait & see.
thanx

Cucho

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/voxfantome
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2008, 11:45:37 PM »
I remember hearing the small audio clip of 'Happy' on Scott's Myspace page. It sounded great. I downloaded the N.E.R.D. version of the song, it sounds really good. I would had loved Scott to have included the song in his album.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2008, 02:35:02 AM »
Considering that Scott's cover of Palo Alto's "Some Things Must Go This Way" will be on Happy in Galoshes, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that Scott was using a song Pharrel has sole writing credit on.

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2008, 07:15:38 PM »
Happy, he wrote it to do with Pharell and N.E.R.D. Pharell won't let him use it, he wants it for himself. I have no idea how that can be, seems how Scott was in on writing the song, but thats what I was told about a month or so ago. That it woudn't be on the solo cd....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 08:38:47 PM by weilandfan »

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2008, 12:59:28 AM »
Happy, he wrote it to do with Pharell and N.E.R.D. Pharell won't let him use it, he wants it for himself. I have no idea how that can be, seems how Scott was in on writing the song, but thats what I was told about a month or so ago. That it woudn't be on the solo cd....

wow, if that's the case then, fuck pharell!  I never cared much for him, but this would make me hate the guy.  Hopefully a version of 'Happy' is leaked, or offered for free, since that way he can;t get in trouble for releasing it since there's no profit involved.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2008, 01:02:56 AM »
Thats what I was told... but I still dont get how he cant use it or make his own version... I dont know the legalities of it. But when I asked about the song & if we will ever hear it (there was pix of him doing a video for it like over a year or so ago, & it never saw the light of day either & prob never will), I was told the story about Pharell.... So we'll have to wait & see....

Cucho

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2008, 01:04:08 AM »
Happy sounds like a great fkn' song from the clip we heard. The NERD version is good too, but Scott's clip sounds better.

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2008, 01:05:10 AM »
I KNOW!! I was soooooooo looking forward to hearing a finished song... I mean if theres a clip... dont you think theres a full song????

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2008, 09:03:22 AM »
I KNOW!! I was soooooooo looking forward to hearing a finished song... I mean if theres a clip... dont you think theres a full song????

There's more than just a full song, they shot a video for Happy last year.  This time last year they shot the video, and Douglas Green wrote about the video, song, and album on his myspace blog... WITH PICTURES! 

Also, they released the audio sample on Softdrive's website with Scott's album to be released 11/07... Obviously that didn't happen, but there is definitely a song, and I'm pretty sure a video somewhere as well.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2008, 01:41:11 PM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
There's more than just a full song, they shot a video for Happy last year.  This time last year they shot the video, and Douglas Green wrote about the video, song, and album on his myspace blog... WITH PICTURES! 

Also, they released the audio sample on Softdrive's website with Scott's album to be released 11/07... Obviously that didn't happen, but there is definitely a song, and I'm pretty sure a video somewhere as well.

I know, I wrote about that yetserday sweetheart. At least I think it was on this thread.... =) Gosh darn its early... and why am I up?? Grrrr....

Curtis1158

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2008, 02:29:56 PM »
Where is Happy? Sounded like a great song. I guess it didn't fit into the concept of Happy In ...

Cucho

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2008, 03:31:16 PM »
I was hoping that it would be included in the doble disk. Seems it will be a hidden gem ala Lazy Divey.
I love the 15sec clip, sounds better than the NERD version.