September 29, 2024, 02:34:28 AM

Author Topic: Happy Song  (Read 17578 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Song
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2008, 08:40:16 AM »
Holy crap that sounds like something Scott would write.
Bleeda blooda

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2008, 09:31:23 AM »
Yah remember when they played a sample of Scott singing this song. So I guess we don't get to hear Scott singing this song then. I did think this was going to be on his solo album? But hey this sounds awesome still and it's great to know Scotty Weiland was behind this song!!

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2008, 07:36:29 AM »
I was told Happy... well Pharell wants to keep it for himself so most likely we wont see it on Scott's cd.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2008, 08:26:26 AM »
Hopefully somebody there leaks an MP3 online of Scott's version of Happy, the 10 second preview sounded awesome.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2008, 07:27:55 PM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
I was told Happy... well Pharell wants to keep it for himself so most likely we wont see it on Scott's cd.

Has anyone confirmed that the song on N.E.R.D's new album is the one they Pharrell was working on with Scott?

I lost that 10 second clip. And by lost, I mean deleted off my hard drive.

I have N.E.R.D's version, and it definitely doesn't sound like something a guy who raps or hip hops or whatever would do. And with the production the way it is, it sorta sounds like a song that Scott would sing.
Bleeda blooda

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2008, 08:08:40 PM »
That is the song.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2008, 01:47:25 AM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
That is the song.

Well Pharrell sure butchered it and made it sound like his nuts were being tightened in a vice grip or something.

I'm like 99% sure that the people who listen to N.E.R.D's music won't appreciate the song like Scott's fans will/would have.

Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Thank you.

That goes for you too, buddy.
Bleeda blooda

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2008, 02:28:52 AM »
Yeah... he really did. I asked if Scott was going to have it on his cd (because a couple years ago he had shot some type of a video FOR that song) and wanted to know if it was ever going to see the light of day... I was told Pharell doesn't want to let Scott use it now... So I don't know whats the deal with it... if that one day will be used for Scott... or if he just said forget it, obviously he's got no shortage of songs... 22 songs is awesome!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 06:42:58 AM by weilandfan »

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2008, 05:08:03 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"

Well Pharrell sure butchered it and made it sound like his nuts were being tightened in a vice grip or something.

I'm like 99% sure that the people who listen to N.E.R.D's music won't appreciate the song like Scott's fans will/would have.

Who says I wasn't thanking him for warning me too? :)

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2008, 07:02:37 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Who says I wasn't thanking him for warning me too? :)

Naw, no one in their right mind rolls like that.

On topic though, I was thinking that it could have been a way to expose the song before Scott released it, and then Scott would make it a single, which on Softdrive's MySpace blog has said they already have, which would help boost the popularity of the song.
Bleeda blooda

down

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »

On topic though, I was thinking that it could have been a way to expose the song before Scott released it, and then Scott would make it a single, which on Softdrive's MySpace blog has said they already have, which would help boost the popularity of the song.

I can see that, though i think its odd. A lot of kids are going to be confused and think he's covering Pharell/NERD.
Honestly, instead of letting Pharell use/borrow it, he should've tried approaching films, a la Learning  how to drive for the bug soundtrack.
All that first class jet-set brings me down, down down,
All that first class drug shit brings me down...

about_nothing

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2008, 11:51:32 PM »

i like a few of nerds songs, im not the kinda person who just sticks to one type of music, and i appriciate all of it, but i would of rather heard scotts version of the song, as hes much better then nerd (well to me and im sure everyone else on the forum)
\"You\'re the champion of sorrow. You\'re the love and the pain. You\'re the fighter of evil. Yet yo

down

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2008, 07:34:23 AM »
i dont think it has to do with him being better than nerd or any of that,
but Scott wrote the song. He obviously has more of an emotional attatchment to it than Pharell just using it on his alubm.  Scott's 30 second clip of the song really captures manic-depression while nerd 's version seems really monotone.
All that first class jet-set brings me down, down down,
All that first class drug shit brings me down...

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2008, 10:23:53 PM »
Well, you know he's got taste & class, so he wouldn't do just a song to do a song. Hes not a total media whore (like puff daddy, puff diddy, puff dookie, whatever the fuck that dudes name is today!!) who is just out trying to be seen & keep his name in the spotlight. So whatever he does, I think with his past history of work, he'd do a cool song... even if it was rap... hes got all kinds of ideas & palns & musical tastes. N.E.R.D is hip hop rap isn't it usually? And he did a song with Pharell.

about_nothing

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2008, 12:13:08 AM »
altho pharell took the song (as far as we know), and sometimes when they say there doing a song with pharell hes only actually producing it or something like that..it would be intersting to here Scott doing a song with different types of singers tho, would like to hear one with a female singer
\"You\'re the champion of sorrow. You\'re the love and the pain. You\'re the fighter of evil. Yet yo