September 29, 2024, 04:30:55 AM

Author Topic: Happy Song  (Read 17580 times)

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Song
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 11:25:48 PM »
haven't heard about that in a while...I can't wait for that
and his clothing line
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 04:27:32 AM »
yeah the clothing line should be interesting knowing his style haha.
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 06:27:38 PM »
will be clothing line be for both men and women?
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 06:59:03 PM »
^^
Knowing Scott's penchant for ladies clothing, probably! :D

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2008, 10:23:17 PM »
Quote from: "MedicBarbie"
^^
Knowing Scott's penchant for ladies clothing, probably! :D

lol, true
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2008, 10:31:27 PM »
they would be so hot too  real 70's looking i bet
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 03:19:35 AM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
supposedly November but you never know

It was supposed to be last November too!  It was listed on Softdrive's site as 11/07, but obviously that never happened.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 08:15:35 PM »
Indeed it is the same song, or at least a version of it that sounds a lot like the song Scott had streaming on his Softdrive MySpace. The version on the N.E.R.D. album has no vocals by Scott, though. I wonder if he's credited for anything related to this song.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 08:18:15 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
...ever think it might be a different song with the same name?

STP, Radiohead, and TLC all have songs called "Creep."

I wonder how many bands have a song called "Happy". I bet over 50. Kind of cool its the same song though.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 07:43:52 AM »
Wow sounds like the same lyrics too! (Even though it was only a 29 sec clip on Softdrive.)  Pharell should stick to rapping, not singing.

I wonder what the deal is with this song... I'd figure Scott wrote it. (Cause I doubt he'd cover Pharell)

about_nothing

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2008, 08:08:58 AM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
Wow sounds like the same lyrics too! (Even though it was only a 29 sec clip on Softdrive.)  Pharell should stick to rapping, not singing.

I wonder what the deal is with this song... I'd figure Scott wrote it. (Cause I doubt he'd cover Pharell)

i always thought pharell wrote it, if scott did maybe he gave it to him..on the other topic of this someone said about co-writing it but it doesnt say scott did..i like N.E.R.Ds version of the song as well as Scotts it will just be a shame if we dont get to hear a full version of his one (even tho they probly sound basically the same)
..http://www.belowempty.com/forum/index.php?topic=2909.0
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 08:10:58 AM by Anonymous »
\"You\'re the champion of sorrow. You\'re the love and the pain. You\'re the fighter of evil. Yet yo

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 10:12:34 AM »
Quote from: "about_nothing"
i always thought pharell wrote it, if scott did maybe he gave it to him..on the other topic of this someone said about co-writing it but it doesnt say scott did..i like N.E.R.Ds version of the song as well as Scotts it will just be a shame if we dont get to hear a full version of his one (even tho they probly sound basically the same)
..http://www.belowempty.com/forum/index.php?topic=2909.0

I don't know...  I think it's all wrong.  They shot a video for Happy, and that clip was on Softdrive's site.  Why with all that would it be something he didn't even write?  It was supposed to be Scott's first single, and I HIGHLY doubt that it would be a NERD cover.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 10:15:52 AM »
Quote from: "oldleadbelly"
I'm probably one of the few that will admit to really liking Pharell.  I think he's pretty musically diverse and gifted.  Afterall, he did pen this song, and I quite like his version.  Would be interested to hear Scott's take as well.  I remember the clip taking me off guard...new sound for Weiland.

I don't think Pharell wrote it.  The lyrics sound like Scott's writing style first of all... plus it was recorded to be Scott's first single on his new solo album (on top of the fact they shot a video for it already). 

about_nothing

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 02:13:18 AM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
I don't think Pharell wrote it.  The lyrics sound like Scott's writing style first of all... plus it was recorded to be Scott's first single on his new solo album (on top of the fact they shot a video for it already). 

i agree that the lyrics sound like something scott would do, and some seem like a sort of reference to him or something..

Smiles would die too soon
Our days were filled with frowns
My job was calling
My life was falling
My friends said I looked like I was dead

...maybe im wrong i dont know, scott might of just helped him write it?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:52:01 AM by Anonymous »
\"You\'re the champion of sorrow. You\'re the love and the pain. You\'re the fighter of evil. Yet yo

about_nothing

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 02:26:37 AM »
iv been trying to search about the song Happy and now that its on N.E.R.D's new album Seeing Sounds, everyone (well on here) seems to be curious to WHO did actually write it, and i cant find anywhere about it, but i did find this review from Ultimate-Guitar site, it doesnt say anything about Scott but it does say about the song..

Unfortunately, a few songs have excellent beats, great verses, then lackluster, corny hooks that really make the song seem unoriginal, despite its high points. "Happy" is a perfect example; great production, good verse, then the downer of a hook, "Now I'm happy/things are looking good now/I feel so alive/I'm on overdrive". To me it feels, uninspired, and very cliche.

i think there wrong and im sure alot of yous would aswell

EDIT: i found this picture, but its hard to see the words, but from what i can tell it says P. Williams next to Happy http://images.juno.co.uk/full/CS317502-01B-BIG.jpg

still unsure about who wrote it, as scott did somewhat release it first, just not full and officially, but since it doesnt mention his name maybe it is pharells, cos i thought you couldnt put your name on it if its not yours?? so untill i see it somewhere, i will be thinking pharrell wrote it
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:50:27 AM by Anonymous »