September 06, 2024, 10:21:03 AM

Author Topic: Weiland And Smoking  (Read 17009 times)

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Weiland And Smoking
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2011, 01:28:29 PM »

"And where's my cigarette?"
I got a picture of a photograph ...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2011, 02:04:52 PM »
I quit like 5 years ago and there is not a day that goes by that I dont want to
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

captainslovakia

• Pilot
  • (((in stereo where available)))
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »
I've gotten into alot of things my idols got into

I don't know if I recommend it but it does help you sort of understand where they're coming from sometimes  8) or at least think that you do
"That's hill-WILLIAM to you!" - cletus

captainslovakia

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2011, 03:25:21 PM »
I suppose it really comes down to what your idols do to dertermine whether I recommend it or not...

I think say your music hero does yoga, so you start to do yoga and somehow understand. Then the stigma is crushed and you're free to be yourself.  There's something to it. Alot of energy goes into the wonder and its beautiful but I think in terms of personal progression one must kill these fascinations, sometimes by becoming them. Then they are free to be themselves, ultimately this is the path. Self-discovery and realization, actualisation.

Om

captainslovakia

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2011, 03:26:42 PM »
It's like if you appreciate something in someone enough...maybe one day you will appreciate something in you that much.

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2011, 08:31:38 PM »
It's like if you appreciate something in someone enough...maybe one day you will appreciate something in you that much.

Not really sure where you are going with this, but if I could recommend one think you don't copy in scott is any of his substances of choice.  They do not make him what he is, all they do is detract from what he is.  I smoked cigs for probably 7 - 8 years before getting it through my head this was the dumbest decision I had ever made in my life, and not one day goes by where I regret quitting, but a lot of days I regret what kind of damage I did to my arteries, heart and lungs puffing on a stupid stick which doesn't even get you high.  I too had thoughts of "well if my idol is doing it, it can't be all bad".  You are just kidding yourself, and I know the feeling I did the same stupid shit for years and thought it made me cool, clever, and different from my counterparts who didn't smoke.  The people who don't smoke are the ones that have shit figured out, not the ones who do.  That said I know it's tough to stop, and usually takes a wake up call before you stop - mine was chest pains.  Sorry for the rant, end of my preaching.  :)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2011, 03:38:18 AM »
I spoke with a scientist about the prices of tobacco east vs. west and it's kinda funny see...

LA cigarettes in packs are cheap and rolling tobacco is rediculous 

whereas

NYC cigarrettes in packs are crazy expensive and rolling tobacco is pretty cheap

Om

Because the state can overtax the pack but not the loose tobacco.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2011, 03:44:14 PM »
Sooo, Did Scott quit?  I have not seen him smoke at any of the shows i have been to... Have you?
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2011, 04:05:24 PM »
Sooo, Did Scott quit?  I have not seen him smoke at any of the shows i have been to... Have you?
Unfortunately no, he was smoking when he walked on stage in Dallas.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2011, 04:14:37 PM »

He kinda was in Dallas, but he only emerged with the cigarette in his mouth and put it out right when Crackerman began.  I didn't see him puff on it...
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2011, 04:55:13 PM »

He kinda was in Dallas, but he only emerged with the cigarette in his mouth and put it out right when Crackerman began.  I didn't see him puff on it...
I remember back in the day he used to smoke all the time onsatge(VR) even scotty solo smoked like 1 or 2.  I have not seen him smoke atthe last 4 or 5 shows i was at..

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2011, 08:07:16 PM »
I think he just stopped doing it on stage
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"