September 06, 2024, 10:34:34 AM

Author Topic: Weiland And Smoking  (Read 17011 times)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Weiland And Smoking
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 03:33:35 PM »
The NY tax on cigarettes just went up. It's now $9.00 a pack in Manhattan and $6.25 a pack on Long Island.
When I was in LA a few weeks ago they were $3.69 a pack in CVS.

I'm gonna start muling cheap cigarettes into NY.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 04:40:55 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
The NY tax on cigarettes just went up. It's now $9.00 a pack in Manhattan and $6.25 a pack on Long Island.

i don't smoke that many so i buy three packs at a time (lasts me all week and then some) and i get them at the bp station 3 for $9.89.
i may have to quit at $9.00 a pack. can't justify it. i like my money more than my cigarettes. lol.
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.

wittyscreenname

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 06:40:50 PM »
Quote from: "tatiana"
i don't smoke that many so i buy three packs at a time (lasts me all week and then some) and i get them at the bp station 3 for $9.89.
i may have to quit at $9.00 a pack. can't justify it. i like my money more than my cigarettes. lol.

I wish I could make three packs last a week :(

They're closer to 10 bucks here. I think I calculated it once and at a 5 - 6 pack a week habit I spend close to three grand on cigarettes a year.

It could be worse though, I knew a guy who smoked two and a half packs a day and coincidentally he only had one functioning lung after the first year I knew him :P

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2008, 07:14:05 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"

When I go to Jersey I buy them here first and take them with me :P  They're like $6.50 a pack there.  NO WAY!  You can order them online from the Indian Reservations.  ;)

We're at $4.04 here, and I usually end up stocking up when they're buy one get one free :P

My mother smoked at least 3, if not 4 packs a day - of Kool menthol 100's.  :o :o :o

Ohh, and nicotine, although it is a stimulant, does have relaxation properties.  :)

Blackagain93

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 11:16:57 PM »
Scott smokes camel lights there are pics everywhere of him and his camels (i smoke them too)

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 11:41:21 PM »
he changes all the time..i remember him smoking marlboro reds at shows i went to
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 01:23:46 AM »
I'm really glad that Scott hasn't been smoking onstage, lately.  Well, at least he didn't at the show I was at.  It makes me respect him more as a performer.

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 01:48:11 AM »
Smoking is awful for your voice as a singer... !  Scott should quit :(

Actually, i like to smoke before acoustic rehearsals or shows with my band, it gives you this kind of "raspy" thing to your throught and it comes naturally, so it make it sound more "warmer" if you know what i mean.

But thats just me!
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2010, 04:01:37 AM »
Smoking is awful for your voice as a singer... !  Scott should quit :(

Actually, i like to smoke before acoustic rehearsals or shows with my band, it gives you this kind of "raspy" thing to your throught and it comes naturally, so it make it sound more "warmer" if you know what i mean.

But thats just me!

I've heard that about smoking and singing. Smoking does nothing but bad to your health. :(

Like I can talk though...if I could I'd drink Diet Coke everyday like it was water.
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

NoMemory_Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2010, 04:17:21 PM »
I'm really glad that Scott hasn't been smoking onstage, lately.  Well, at least he didn't at the show I was at.  It makes me respect him more as a performer.

I didn't see him smoke in Santiago either.
CORPORATE MEDIA STILL SUCK

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2010, 04:56:02 PM »
When I die, I want to come back as Weiland's cigarette. :-*
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2010, 07:27:26 PM »
Didn't light up in SB in October, doubt he has quit though..probably just on stage.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2010, 12:28:08 AM »
When I die, I want to come back as Weiland's cigarette. :-*
as ALL the cigarettes in the pack ;) (only one wouldn't be enough)

Didn't light up in SB in October, doubt he has quit though..probably just on stage.
I think he smokes before hitting the stage... he lighted one during the meet&greet but he did not smoke during the show at all (two weeks ago)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

captainslovakia

• Pilot
  • (((in stereo where available)))
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2011, 10:59:07 AM »
I spoke with a scientist about the prices of tobacco east vs. west and it's kinda funny see...

LA cigarettes in packs are cheap and rolling tobacco is rediculous 

whereas

NYC cigarrettes in packs are crazy expensive and rolling tobacco is pretty cheap

Om

and on scott well...I believe I've identified a marlboro light flicked to the ground at a concert once...I remember going up to the fence after the show to scope things out and looking for the cigarette butt to see what kind of brand he smokes so that I too could smoke the smoke of greatness.

sigh.

then on the tray case of Contraband from VR was this brown filter with a gold circle around it...it took me years of research to identify it but it turned out to be right under my nose. It was an American Spirit, one of my favorite brands that I just don't buy often because it is so expensive.

yes you read that right...according to my calculations the cigarette butte in the tray case of the Contraband album is an American Spirit.

Thank you & Good night/morning

"That's hill-WILLIAM to you!" - cletus

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2011, 11:23:06 AM »
Smoking because your idol does it is flat out stupid/immature, well smoking regurarly is dumb anyways even though I smoke myself it's something I've tried to quit many times and atleast managed to cut down. Smoking is not cool, and Weiland would have stronger voice without it, oh well...
I had the midwife naked and alone