September 19, 2024, 08:41:26 AM

Author Topic: stp maybe to st upp a new record label  (Read 35442 times)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP v NIN
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »
It just seems Trent Reznor is really trying to make things special for his hard core NIN fans.  Limited Ed album, free NIN membership, lowering of ticket prices.

The past couple of interviews w/ Rob and Scott, I'm hearing, "we're going to make so much money"  or "i need new sources of income" or "lets get merchandise out to fans to make money".  I realize $$$ are part of the business, but jeez, being a fan since Core through everything STP has done, it would be nice to say we want to get back out to our fans.  Our hardcore fans.  Reconnect and give them something for sticking w/ us through the years.  Its fine to hear about how much $$$ they're going to make, it would be cool follow that up with an acknowledgement to the fans. 

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 07:36:55 PM »
Quote from: "Chris Pepper"
It just seems Trent Reznor is really trying to make things special for his hard core NIN fans.  Limited Ed album, free NIN membership, lowering of ticket prices.

The past couple of interviews w/ Rob and Scott, I'm hearing, "we're going to make so much money"  or "i need new sources of income" or "lets get merchandise out to fans to make money".  I realize $$$ are part of the business, but jeez, being a fan since Core through everything STP has done, it would be nice to say we want to get back out to our fans.  Our hardcore fans.  Reconnect and give them something for sticking w/ us through the years.  Its fine to hear about how much $$$ they're going to make, it would be cool follow that up with an acknowledgement to the fans. 

Agreed.  We're hearing an awful lot from the band about all the money they are making for doing this.  Not a good thing to advertise.  It makes people think that you're in it for the wrong reasons (rightfully so).

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 08:00:59 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
Agreed.  We're hearing an awful lot from the band about all the money they are making for doing this.  Not a good thing to advertise.  It makes people think that you're in it for the wrong reasons (rightfully so).

That's why I kind of cringed when I heard Scott asking for $100 million to get back together when they were on Kimmel in that little skit in the beginning. I don't know if it was spur of the moment or if it was scripted, and I realize it supposed to be sarcastic, but it didn't sound right to me. It just added to the feeling that it's all about the money.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

pj88

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 09:00:47 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"

Agree. I think they should be a little more low-key on that subject. But, hell, isn't everything ultimately about money?

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 11:40:00 PM »
It's totally about the money. That's all they keep talking about. All of their other projects were flops. Wouldn't you make nice to sell out a bunch of shows over the summer and make a shit ton of money???
Can't say as I blame them but I wouldn't be talking about it.
Take it.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 08:07:12 PM »
Speaking of NIN-

Check this thread out:
http://www.belowempty.com/forum/index.php?topic=2476.0
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 10:06:43 PM by Aaron »

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: stp maybe to st upp a new record label
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 10:25:05 PM »
That would be amazing if they could, then we could have a flood of new STP material !
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 03:51:27 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Even if AoA got promotion, it wouldn't have helped because the album wasn't that good.

Your wrong. AOA would of done just fine if they had more promotion.

-CHASE

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 05:04:32 AM »
They didn't have any hits or songs on the album with hit potential, if they did I would agree, but I just don't see how that album could've been a hit.  With promotion it could have gotten 150k though.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 11:50:57 AM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"
Yeah I hope what ever decision they decide to do works for them and the fans...I hope the album does awesome and debuts at  #1 but since the music industry is shit these days who knows. I know Im going to buy the album when it comes out. I buy bands albums that I support and deserve my money for their musical talents...STP is at the top of that list

it's not really about people buying albums anymore though - i think that's what he means. it used to be that bands went on the road to promote album (cd) sales. now they tour to make money.

hopefully they figure out to promote this electronically.
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.

veeno

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 09:37:20 PM »
It seems a lot of bands are abandoning record labels as soon as they can/get the chance.  If a band is popular enough they could likely manage on their own terms.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 10:00:16 AM »
STP can do it easily... 

Their shows have always sold out in minutes... and I've been to a lot of shows, and there are VERY FEW bands that sell out as STP.  Since bands make so much money from touring, they'd be promoting their albums that way, but then actually making money off the album as well this time around.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

vikingoSTP

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 06:47:41 PM »
It´s good that STP is moving into a new direction... not depending on company records... they could be really succesfull as a touring band, much like Pearl Jam...

gnrdestructx

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 11:47:54 PM »
will be so interesting to hear new material how they have all evolved since their last bands.

gnrdestructx

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 11:52:10 PM »
i think it would be an awesome idea for STP to release a record like.