September 28, 2024, 05:45:00 PM

Author Topic: stp maybe to st upp a new record label  (Read 35774 times)

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott and Eric Sued By Atlantic!
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2008, 05:22:44 AM »
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

stpnj2008

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: "...certain that a new album from the band will be available soon."
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2008, 06:58:11 AM »
I'm hoping they can release an album by the spring of '09, it's going to be fantastic if it happens. They are all incredible songwriters, I can't wait to see all the new riffs Rob has in the works.

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2008, 07:13:45 AM »
Quote from: "cfest27"
I think I might have posed this question before but what do you think will be the style or direction of the new album? Fortunately they are so versatile they could potentially have a very well rounded album when it comes out
well, i remember them saying that the album they wanted to do after shangri la would be more of a return to their more classic hard rock stuff. all in the suit is probably the product of this goal.
hopefully they still have that view point because i could use some more songs that sound like all in the suit.
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott and Eric Sued By Atlantic!
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2008, 02:30:08 PM »
Damn, I looked twice and missed it both times. Oops!

Six7Six7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2008, 02:40:25 PM »
Quote from: "cfest27"
I think I might have posed this question before but what do you think will be the style or direction of the new album? Fortunately they are so versatile they could potentially have a very well rounded album when it comes out

It will sound like No. 4

During that album, scott was clean half the time, and fucked up the other half

I figure they probably already started jamming on some stuff, so he will have written some songs while in his current state of non-sobriety, and he will probably get clean by the time they finish the new album

Hence, half and half again. a little weird, a little straight forward.

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2008, 04:35:51 PM »
:) *doing the happy dance*

Yay!!! I'm so happy to hear that! As far as the direction goes I dont think it really matters. As long as it's good im glad to hear new music from them.
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

SacriNoire

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2008, 07:05:48 AM »
I wait a new album and hope that he will be magnificent! Glad to hear that guys again together and prepare new material.
We grew writh the speed of light
But crashed in the night

So hold on to something still...

Six7Six7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2008, 07:19:58 AM »
i hope no one is getting too excited.

It's going to be a long time.

Assume they don't start till after the current tour. That takes them through August or September. Even if it takes them only 6 months to knock the album out, that means it will be finished around March 2009. Tack on 3-4 months for the record company to develop their advertising campaigns and such (which is a conservative estimate since most records take that long), and we're looking at July or August of 2009.

Over a year.

And that is assuming things move along quickly.

We could potentially be looking at Fall of 2009.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2008, 09:33:35 AM »
Better than never.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Six7Six7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2008, 11:51:56 AM »
Well of course.

It's already been too many damn years.

But this whole "new album soon!" talk is a little premature.

It would be awesome if STP had said "we brought along an extra truck with a mobile recording studio inside"

THEN it would be coming "soon" haha

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2008, 04:43:28 PM »
Quote from: "Somba Nova"
well, i remember them saying that the album they wanted to do after shangri la would be more of a return to their more classic hard rock stuff. all in the suit is probably the product of this goal.
hopefully they still have that view point because i could use some more songs that sound like all in the suit.

I doubt that about Suit because that song was recorded around the No. 4 era before Shangri-La. It was actually originally intended for the Spider-Man soundtrack, but was pulled from the list because it wasn't going to be used as a central song for the movie.  That means that song was a product of the No. 4 way of doing things rather than a recent way of doing things.

No biggie, just STP fan semantics is all. :)
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

dskpilots

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2008, 05:11:36 PM »
I would love to see a new album in the near future.  There's plenty left in their tanks to make another great record!

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Record Company Woes
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2008, 01:33:09 PM »
STP should take a stand and release one of those live albums thats recorded at the show and sold right after.  (Lots of artists do those.)  They'd probably make a killing at each gig, and it would just be more $$$ for them and be a slap in the face to Atlantic.  (Or they can just use the money made off these live recordings to break contract.)
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2008, 03:25:10 PM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
STP should take a stand and release one of those live albums thats recorded at the show and sold right after.  (Lots of artists do those.)  They'd probably make a killing at each gig, and it would just be more $$$ for them and be a slap in the face to Atlantic.  (Or they can just use the money made off these live recordings to break contract.)

That's a really good idea...we've been needing some form of offical live album for well...forever

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2008, 11:36:21 AM »
Quote from: "Lazy Divey"
That's a really good idea...we've been needing some form of offical live album for well...forever

Oh yeah...  I saw Billy Idol, and some company there was recording the show and selling it right after for probably like $15 or something.  PLUS, I always see guys recording video professionally at shows...  WHERE are those tapes???? 

Come on, release some of that stuff!  Every live show is probably on DVD somewhere collecting dust...
"Hey there... how's your steak?"