October 01, 2024, 08:14:27 AM

Author Topic: stp maybe to st upp a new record label  (Read 35818 times)

Wishful Sinful

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thehopelesspyromantic
Re: Scott Weiland on STP's future
« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2008, 07:29:44 AM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
Im not saying hes a angel.. Im just trying to clue you in that the man is on meds, he NEVER USE to be on.

I can say from experience that some bipolar meds can make one appear and feel intoxicated. I was on Risperidol for a year and wow...I was out of it. Couldn't drive, couldn't speak coherently, couldn't really function at all, memory went out the fucking door. I was really turned off when I lapsed in doses and started experiencing psychosis. Why the fuck would a doctor want to give me a pill that has the possibility of making me worse off than I already was?
"Why don\'t you go find yourself a pig to fuck?!"

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2008, 08:06:23 AM »
Quote from: "Wishful Sinful"
I can say from experience that some bipolar meds can make one appear and feel intoxicated. I was on Risperidol for a year and wow...I was out of it. Couldn't drive, couldn't speak coherently, couldn't really function at all, memory went out the fucking door. I was really turned off when I lapsed in doses and started experiencing psychosis. Why the fuck would a doctor want to give me a pill that has the possibility of making me worse off than I already was?

EXACTLY!! THANK YOU!!! Unless you have been in that whirlwind of the med game of trying meds out, seeing what works fo ryou, if you are on a few, seeing how they work with your body & the other meds, then you DONT know how they can effect you. It seems a lot simplier then it is... and its hard to not think its real, but it IS, meds can really mess with you, and its trying them out where you can come into scary & embarrassing episodes.

Its horrible that the medical sysytem really forces R/X's on people so harshly, and its a dangerous game to play with a patient I feel. Sorry you had that horrible experience... luckily you were ok. Or are ok now.

Wishful Sinful

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2008, 08:43:18 AM »
^Yeah I'm okay now. And I have to say that if Mr. Weiland missed one show due to bipolar related issues, I totally understand. I got A WEEK off of work to adjust to my meds, my boss was that sympathetic. If he missed ONE night for it kudos to him, because it takes more time than that to get used to them.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 08:45:15 AM by Wishful Sinful »

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2008, 08:55:45 AM »
totaly!! im not saying that WAS the reason, but it can be such a horrid thing to deal with on a day to day basis, and you NEVER know when you will have a episode, which side of the pendulem it will go, real manic, or the opposite. and having to do shows, & work through it, its gotta seem like a cruel curse at times for people not only in the entertainment life, but for just everyday people. its amazing hes the professional he IS & has really never cancled a show, or MORE shows.

Wishful Sinful

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2008, 09:05:33 AM »
Yeah. Sometimes you just gotta cut a guy some slack you know? Fans can be harsh, and I'm not necessarily referring to people on this message board.

Honestly, the man doesn't owe us anything.

army of ants

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2008, 02:45:18 PM »
ok anyone can flame me for this,i dont care

iff i have to blame anyone for lack of albums from stp  is rob,during the nineties scott wanted a double album of sldd but rob said no,scott wanted to release a double greatest  hits album called big bang baby but rob said no."dont want to be classed as sell outs" he said.
no live albums or anything out of the ordinary,ever!.
just because the  recording of sin at mtv unplugged went fucked upp they still could but the rest of the songs on  MTV unplugged comp albums.
STP music rocks i dont think rob fully understood that.
its no wonder almost no one in europe knows who stp is.
iff they ever released live tracks it would be mostly sex type thing ,the 20th x version !!!!!!.
i fucking hate that song
why that song?????????

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2008, 02:46:16 PM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"
I'm so tired of saying this, but as someone who has been on both  bi-polar meds AND coke (albeit, not at the same time).... I seriously doubt Scott's doing coke right now. We've seen what Weiland's like when he's wiggin', and it ain't like this. Do you honestly think his stage movements would be as toned down from years past if he was?!

He's drinking and mixing pills.  It might be his meds, it might be more like something like Oxycontin. Don't know. But anyone who says it's cocaine has never done white before.
Once again Fear you are moving up notches in my book with every post. You speak of truth and experience as I do from past experiences and life lasting haunting nightmares.  Yes coke isn't cool at all for someone who has to be in the same spot for more than 15-20mins. Especially a spot where thousands of peeps are starring at you. Maybe one day the scientists will invent a "time release".LOL
  Opiates have always been most rock stars drug of choice since day one. They give you confidence and balls but literally over a short period of time eat the meat and suck the water right out of your body. A million times better than jenny craig. LOL!!!
 The whole fact that he's not taking his shirt off and moving alot slower and talking real slow is believe it or not a good thing for his new found relationship with his old bandmates and might make a possible future of this after all.
  Opiate addiction has got to be the  worse as far a the physical and mental pain combo. Also it turns to an"I'm fuckin better than everybody" type hate and anyone who differs with your lifestyle and decisions immediately makes the blacklist.
 Still even though Scotty is moving and talkin a little slower man can he still sing and is still by by by far the best ever.
Hawk.

army of ants

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2008, 02:55:07 PM »
Quote from: "army of ants"
imay not know this but why did rob and dean managed to get out of the contract with atlantic ,were they the only one asumming  stp  would never come back,why did scott and eric not do the same?????????

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2008, 03:11:55 PM »
ok anyone can flame me for this,i dont care

iff i have to blame anyone for lack of albums from stp  is rob,during the nineties scott wanted a double album of sldd but rob said no,scott wanted to release a double greatest  hits album called big bang baby but rob said no."dont want to be classed as sell outs" he said.
no live albums or anything out of the ordinary,ever!.
just because the  recording of sin at mtv unplugged went fucked upp they still could but the rest of the songs on  MTV unplugged comp albums.
STP music rocks i dont think rob fully understood that.
its no wonder almost no one in europe knows who stp is.
iff they ever released live tracks it would be mostly sex type thing ,the 20th x version !!!!!!.
i fucking hate that song
why that song?????????

What?  What are you talking about?

And I'm also not sure where you got all that information.  ???  I've never heard Rob say anything about "not wanting to be classed as sell-outs."  Actually, I haven't even heard the term "sell-outs" since about sixth grade.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2008, 03:22:15 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
What?  What are you talking about?

And I'm also not sure where you got all that information.  ???  I've never heard Rob say anything about "not wanting to be classed as sell-outs."  Actually, I haven't even heard the term "sell-outs" since about sixth grade.

The band (not sure if it was Rob directly) have desired to create a ‘mystique’ for themselves.  So no live CDs/DVDs (excluding the Thank You DVD) or any b-sides except for live tracks (and swing version of STT). They have often said they don’t write ‘B-sides’, as ALL their songs are ‘A-sides’
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

army of ants

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2008, 03:46:15 PM »
flame me if you want but i watched a clip with rob and dean back in 01 talking about each album and when he mentioned nr4 he said that they have almost 50 written songs in their vault.finished songs,what is the point!.

they have songs for 6 albums almost, why not realise it

i watched a clip on youtube when they were in germany during sldd tour and scott mentioned that he wanted sldd to be a double album but rob managed to talk him out of it.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2008, 03:55:38 PM »
flame me if you want but i watched a clip with rob and dean back in 01 talking about each album and when he mentioned nr4 he said that they have almost 50 written songs in their vault.finished songs,what is the point!.

they have songs for 6 albums almost, why not realise it

i watched a clip on youtube when they were in germany during sldd tour and scott mentioned that he wanted sldd to be a double album but rob managed to talk him out of it.

I thought it was Brendan who talked Scott out of it.  But either way, would have been great for the fans but the double ablum probably would had sold less.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

army of ants

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2008, 04:01:09 PM »
its difficoult to say but i believe "all in the suit that you wear" would have done the album more justice then some songs on it,only my opinion though!. wasent it suppose to be on the album????????
i dont know but i also think nr4 scott wanted it to be a double album,i think.
it just pisses me of with stp calliber they could outshine pearl jam by a mile or 2 iff they just put them self more out there
and also scott drug problem didnt help
i dont want to offend pearl jam fans here,sorry

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2008, 04:27:46 PM »
Your posts are very difficult to understand.

"All in the Suit..." WAS on the "Thank You" album. 

The only time I ever heard of STP throwing around the idea of a double album was with SLDD. 

And... ALL bands record tons of songs that don't make it onto their albums.  Artists/bands don't go into the studio and record 12 songs, then call it a day.  They record several, and then pick from those.  Surely, there are outtakes of nearly every CD ever released.  That certainly isn't anything unique to STP.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2008, 05:51:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure it was Brenden O'Brien that shot down the double disc for SLDD.

And Unplugged is far too short to be released on its own. It was maybe 30 minutes if you include Big Empty and Andy Warhol. I could see it as maybe a bonus disc with an album someday.