October 01, 2024, 08:31:51 AM

Author Topic: stp maybe to st upp a new record label  (Read 35819 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland on STP's future
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2008, 09:45:55 PM »
Jessie's right about the Scott quote, and I totally agree 100% that they aren't just going to make an album for the money.

And I don't get why everyone thinks Scott is such a big fuckin' mess right now.

What has he done to make everyone think he's on something or he's just moments away from having a relapse/breakdown/death/etc?

Does anyone here actually know what goes on behind the scenes, because I highly doubt it. In fact I'm pretty sure the closest anyone here is to having "insider information" is weilandfan cause she knows some people who work at Lavish/Softdrive.

They canceled 2 shows, one of them we got a real reason, and there were a few shows where he was messed up, but in all honesty, is that not expected from any performer on occasion?

Dave Grohl said that he hasn't done a concert sober in over 13 years, or some ridiculously long time, and his band tours a lot more than STP does.

Scott hasn't been too messed up to sing on this tour, I don't think anyone has noticed that. He's probably exhausted, the guy hasn't had a break since before Libertad was released, but it may be what he needs to keep himself clean.
Bleeda blooda

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2008, 11:42:40 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Jessie's right about the Scott quote, and I totally agree 100% that they aren't just going to make an album for the money.
And I don't get why everyone thinks Scott is such a big fuckin' mess right now.
What has he done to make everyone think he's on something or he's just moments away from having a relapse/breakdown/death/etc?
Does anyone here actually know what goes on behind the scenes, because I highly doubt it. In fact I'm pretty sure the closest anyone here is to having "insider information" is weilandfan cause she knows some people who work at Lavish/Softdrive.
They canceled 2 shows, one of them we got a real reason, and there were a few shows where he was messed up, but in all honesty, is that not expected from any performer on occasion?
Dave Grohl said that he hasn't done a concert sober in over 13 years, or some ridiculously long time, and his band tours a lot more than STP does.
Scott hasn't been too messed up to sing on this tour, I don't think anyone has noticed that. He's probably exhausted, the guy hasn't had a break since before Libertad was released, but it may be what he needs to keep himself clean.

well Mr. Optimism, you are officially STP's #1 most naive fan.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2008, 02:05:03 AM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"
They need to release a live album from this tour. That'll definitely help fulfill the contract, as they've never done a live album and since it is a reunion tour, it'd sell. As for album number 2, they could always be smart asses and re-record the Mighty Joe Young demos and submit that as a new album.
I very much agree with your strategy. Use a loophole and fuck those corporate assholes.  Fill their deal and with modified already finished material dump Atlantic and move to choice.
Hawk.

Layne&Wasp

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2008, 02:59:36 AM »
kinda like what Neil Young did back in the day making that oldies record!

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2008, 03:12:56 AM »
as far as Scott has embarrassed hiself on this tour, yes I agree hes ahd some bad nights... but in the past, MANY musicans have had nights that they have passed out on stage, durring sets, and all kinds of shit, so hes not breaking new groind on that isssue. so I just dont get why when its HIM, people (media) just blow it soooooooooo out to be such a shocking thing... Eddie Vedder has been drunk on stage many times... you dont hear him being introduced in magazine articles within the 1st paragrah as a boozer... its like he has a target forever on his back.. i feel sorry sometimes for people in the spotlight. if I was famous, I fear I'd be pulling Sean Penn's & punching people out like he use to, hahaha!!

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2008, 03:14:57 AM »

shhhh... they're watching... HAHA!!! =)

its true though, NONE OF US are in his shoes... so all of us are just speculating.. I wonder if he'd be impressed or disgusted (even though its fans who love him) that all of this takes so much of our time in discussions...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 03:17:05 AM by weilandfan »

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2008, 03:25:47 AM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
as far as Scott has embarrassed hiself on this tour, yes I agree hes ahd some bad nights... but in the past, MANY musicans have had nights that they have passed out on stage, durring sets, and all kinds of shit, so hes not breaking new groind on that isssue. so I just dont get why when its HIM, people (media) just blow it soooooooooo out to be such a shocking thing... Eddie Vedder has been drunk on stage many times... you dont hear him being introduced in magazine articles within the 1st paragrah as a boozer... its like he has a target forever on his back.. i feel sorry sometimes for people in the spotlight. if I was famous, I fear I'd be pulling Sean Penn's & punching people out like he use to, hahaha!!
Come on, you know he's on some shit, he's even said he doesn't "have to make any excuses."  He's obviously getting fucked up on something, I don't know what, he was acting completely normal 2 years ago, he almost seems like a different person now.  He no showed a show in Florida and was really fucked up at the PNC show in May.  Scott's had a lot of great shows on this tour too, I think I saw him on probably one of his best nights at the Hollywood Bowl, but his off shows haven't been usual "off shows," he's acted strange and tumbled into drum sets on his "off nights."

I'm glad this tour happened because I finally got to see my favorite band ever twice.  If they hadn't have done it Scott would have just wasted away alone at home with nothing to do except, well, I'm sure you can all figure it out.  It's good this tour happened, and I definitely think we'll see another STP album, it just might be a little later than we had original hoped for (maybe a winter 2009 release or early 2010 release, rather than the early summer 2009 release that a lot of us hoped for).   These guys always seem to resurface together at some point.  I just wish Scott could get his shit together, sure it's a disease, but Dave Navarro conquered it as have many others.  I just don't think Scott has it in him, he's had so many chances but he's never had the balls to grow up and stay clean.  I love his music though and he seems like a nice guy deep down, but drugs have just fucked him up sadly, and for some reason he just can't seem to kick his habits for good.  I sure prey he does so we can see a grey haired and wrinkly Weiland prancing around on stage with STP into his 60s, but I just don't know.  I'll always stick by the guy, but like he has said, he is no saint, but he's sure as hell an amazing musician.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2008, 03:39:12 AM »
HE HAS SAID HE'S ON MEDS FOR BIPOLAR (Howard Stern show)!!! He never used to take anything for it!! It can take a long time to get the right meds to work for you... I know people who are on meds for it, when its not right you can look impaired, or drunk... too much, too little of the wrong meds & dosage... plus add in we know he still drinks.. that isn't a healthy combo.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2008, 03:59:00 AM »
My boy Scott hasn't even come close to any of the biggest fuckups on stage.
Elvis nodded off thousands of times in the middle of songs blabbered jibberish lyrics. Clapton played  shows on his back/knees etc. puking in between leads . List goes on. Scott just gets in a little trouble off stage. 
 He does need some rest and when he talks sounds very tired. But the man can sing boy can he sing.
When really starts swearing thats goes with the opiates. The tired politness goes with meds maybe alcohol.
 Hawk.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2008, 04:01:28 AM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
HE HAS SAID HE'S ON MEDS FOR BIPOLAR (Howard Stern show)!!! He never used to take anything for it!! It can take a long time to get the right meds to work for you... I know people who are on meds for it, when its not right you can look impaired, or drunk... too much, too little of the wrong meds & dosage... plus add in we know he still drinks.. that isn't a healthy combo.
So his bi-polar meds made him no show in Florida?  Come on, something's up with him, I'm not sure what, but it's very naive to think he's not either drinking heavily or snorting coke or both.  I prey you're right, but I doubt it.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2008, 04:31:22 AM »

THats not true at all. 

DG occassionally does pot and drinks at shows, but he is coherent and lucid.  He's not drunk at any point.  He performs his best at every show. Period. 

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2008, 04:38:31 AM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
He performs his best at every show. Period. 

x2 Ive witnessed this two nights in a row :)
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2008, 05:14:57 AM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"
x2 Ive witnessed this two nights in a row :)

X3

He is a madman on stage. Gives his all in every performance.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2008, 06:18:27 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
So his bi-polar meds made him no show in Florida?  Come on, something's up with him, I'm not sure what, but it's very naive to think he's not either drinking heavily or snorting coke or both.  I prey you're right, but I doubt it.

Im not saying hes a angel.. Im just trying to clue you in that the man is on meds, he NEVER USE to be on. you keep making it seem like everything is drug or booze induced... The man is Bipolar... are YOU bipolar?? Do you know the serious MANIC swings that can happen from it?? No, you probably dont. SO please, get off trying to FIGURE it all out, because unless you actually are around him for ALL the moods & the stages to which it brings with it, or you suffer from it yourself, you'll never understand it. Because if you dont have it, you think he should just snap out of it or take a pill & get on with it. It can be seriously debilitating & you just cant fully "get it" unless you suffer from it, or truely know someone that is in your day to day life that has it & you can really see all aspects of it.
Cut the man some slack.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2008, 06:45:47 AM »
I'm so tired of saying this, but as someone who has been on both  bi-polar meds AND coke (albeit, not at the same time).... I seriously doubt Scott's doing coke right now. We've seen what Weiland's like when he's wiggin', and it ain't like this. Do you honestly think his stage movements would be as toned down from years past if he was?!

He's drinking and mixing pills.  It might be his meds, it might be more like something like Oxycontin. Don't know. But anyone who says it's cocaine has never done white before.