October 01, 2024, 05:44:20 AM

Author Topic: stp maybe to st upp a new record label  (Read 35817 times)

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland on STP's future
« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2008, 01:21:44 AM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
Softdrive and Scott's myspace just put out bullitens saying that a radio station in cleveland in playing missing cleveland and wants the peeps in cleveland to call and request it

Get on the phone Jessie!!  lol
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2008, 01:32:26 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Just do it Scott Jesus Christ.  Would it fucking kill him to make another STP studio record or two for Atlantic?

Ummm, you're forgeting that they have to have GOOD tunes... they wont just put out a cd of crap to fullfill the contract! You would probably be the 1st to say how shitty it is if they just DO IT! they want to put out quality work, and maybe they haven't got any right now...

You (and none of us) know how hard it has been to go from A DUI, getting out of a band, back to his 1st band & put out a solo cd... all with his personal life changing... the man needs a break sometimes, can he just be a guy for a minute without beginn demanded MORE!! He gives & gives & gives, and everyone always wants MORE from him... hes a dad too you know... you think maybe his KIDS want him to give a little more (time) to THEM??

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2008, 02:18:54 AM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
Ummm, you're forgeting that they have to have GOOD tunes... they wont just put out a cd of crap to fullfill the contract! You would probably be the 1st to say how shitty it is if they just DO IT! they want to put out quality work, and maybe they haven't got any right now...

You (and none of us) know how hard it has been to go from A DUI, getting out of a band, back to his 1st band & put out a solo cd... all with his personal life changing... the man needs a break sometimes, can he just be a guy for a minute without beginn demanded MORE!! He gives & gives & gives, and everyone always wants MORE from him... hes a dad too you know... you think maybe his KIDS want him to give a little more (time) to THEM??
I agree.. He HAS been through a hell of alot lately and the shows I have seen throw that right out there. Being a dad would be good right now. :).. even though I also want more
"I\'ve been suicidal since God I don\'t know when, so get down on your knees say a prayer say amen.

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2008, 03:18:02 AM »
we all do, hell I want more too, but I have to remind myself he's not a machine, hes a man with a personal life and has 2 children, its got to be incredibly hard to be juggling everything to make everyone happy...

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2008, 03:50:20 AM »
They need to release a live album from this tour. That'll definitely help fulfill the contract, as they've never done a live album and since it is a reunion tour, it'd sell. As for album number 2, they could always be smart asses and re-record the Mighty Joe Young demos and submit that as a new album.

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2008, 04:03:25 AM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
we all do, hell I want more too, but I have to remind myself he's not a machine, hes a man with a personal life and has 2 children, its got to be incredibly hard to be juggling everything to make everyone happy...
Totally,  I have wanted more music from them since they stopped playing together but I would rather have them chill for a bit and have him get on the right track(i.e. healthy and happy) then just throw out an album and kill himself over it. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.  Sucky but true.  He needs to re-group
"I\'ve been suicidal since God I don\'t know when, so get down on your knees say a prayer say amen.

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2008, 05:36:38 AM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"
They need to release a live album from this tour. That'll definitely help fulfill the contract, as they've never done a live album and since it is a reunion tour, it'd sell. As for album number 2, they could always be smart asses and re-record the Mighty Joe Young demos and submit that as a new album.

Sounds like a plan to me!  ;)
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2008, 01:46:26 PM »
I would like to hear him yodeling some more :)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2008, 02:31:25 PM »
Quote from: "EclecticBohemian"
Get on the phone Jessie!!  lol

Haha - will do.  :)

I usually listen to KROCK... haven't heard the song on the radio yet, though.  I'll keep you crazies posted.  Don't worry.  ;)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2008, 03:40:53 PM »
I think Scott wants to make another STP record, but just not for Atlantic or any other record company. Basically like he lost faith in them and doesn't want the record companies controlling his or STP's movements. Kinda like fuck the record companies and their money hungry ways?
adhesive love

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2008, 08:35:37 PM »
Quote from: "Album 2 Track 5"
Totally,  I have wanted more music from them since they stopped playing together but I would rather have them chill for a bit and have him get on the right track(i.e. healthy and happy) then just throw out an album and kill himself over it. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.  Sucky but true.  He needs to re-group

He should have not done this tour... he should have taken time off & got some help for whatever he's going through, and  if he's addicted to anything... really, I would much rather him step away for a while & get some help & get healthy.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2008, 09:04:22 PM »
Scott likes to get high. Always has, always will. It is what it is. He does not owe it to us to get healthy. He recently even said "i don't need to make excuses to anyone for the way I live my life". I'm assuming that includes Noah. I don't agree with him, but that's not my call to make. It's too bad, but I've kind of decided as a fan that I've given up worrying about Weiland. I'm going to hope for the best, expect that the worst could happen at any moment -- and just appreciate what he's able to put on the table. He's my favorite music icon of all time, and I'm going to continue to enjoy what he releases in does (good or bad). I definitely think he's embarassed himself a couple times on this tour... and that's really too bad for him, and the fans that were affected... But as a fan you know I'm just going to accept Scott for what he is because that's all I can really do. Whether he should have done this tour or not is not my call to make, but I'm glad it happened. It gave me another chance to see STP, and who knows? Maybe for the last time.

The one thing we can always count on, is that STP is those guys' best chance to make money. Robert/Dean/Eric have already shown they can't generate that kind of income any other place. Scott is a little more high profile, but the VR days at their peak didn't compete with this STP tour in terms of revenue. For better or for worse, drugs are expensive, and so are the lifestyles those guys lead (whether it be their electric bills, morgage, habits, or schools their kids to go). The best way they know how to generate that income is to play with STP.

Based on that, I think we'll see another STP album unless A. someone dies (God forbid) or B. Scott Weiland's solo effort blows up (which there is virtually no chance of).

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2008, 09:09:29 PM »
very sad that ended on a matter of money or pride. Should be to end the contract with Atlantic and then by another punch and stamp. I have always believed that scott gives too much importance to money, but had never worked with Fred dust
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2008, 09:22:58 PM »
Quote from: "kazuality"
I have always believed that scott gives too much importance to money, but had never worked with Fred dust

Disagree. If Scott was only in it for the money, I think he'd stick with STP and wouldn't release a solo album. Scott knows his solo album isn't going to sell like Core or Purple... and he doesn't care. Granted, a new STP album wouldn't sell like Core/Purple, but it could easily sell more than Shangri-La (and Happy won't).

Also, I'm not sure what you were getting at with Fred Durst, but I'm guessing something got lost in translation. I know English isn't your first language. Weiland worked on at least 2 songs with Fred Durst and sang on 2 released Limp Bizkit tracks.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2008, 09:26:18 PM »
Piggybacking off what Juge just said about Scott "only caring about the money":

In the previous issue of Rolling Stone (with the cartoon McCain on the cover), there is a blurb about the upcoming disc.  Scott said something along the lines of:

"I've already conquered the commercial aspect of my life.  This time, it's just about me being myself."
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!