October 04, 2024, 12:18:27 AM

Author Topic: Supporting Scott  (Read 22839 times)

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: I will continue to defend Scott Weiland...
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2008, 05:01:59 AM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
he is misunderstood because everyone thinks they know him already

Precisely.
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

Atlantic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2008, 05:26:42 AM »
Why are people second-guessing that this was written by a 16-year-old? Do people think it is too well written or too poorly written?

Personally, I don't care about this story. Kid shoulda brought an STP CD to this concert. 12 Bar Blues I could understand, I might have even done that myself if I couldn't find SLDD or Tiny Music, but VR? C'mon.

Anyways, there's a part of the story that reads something like "A fan asks the band (minus Scott) if they're going to record a new album and they respond 'This tour will determine that.'" -Anyone think this was due to that horrible show a few days ago? Or is this something that we shouldn't worry about?

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 06:16:35 AM »
I get shit for liking Scott/STP from this Radiohead fan at school, pisses me off, the pussy thinks STP/Pearl Jam/Soundgarden is all "three chord garbage."  Fucking Radiohead fans.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 06:35:38 AM »
Scott has all the reason to not wanna be associated with VR anymore.

From all the blogs I read on ultimate-guitar.com it sounded like the rest of the guys were real assholes to him and gave him the "cold shoulder" as it stated in those news releases.

It's like ending a relationship with someone because it went bad...would you wanna still associate with them pretending everything is fine and dandy? I think not...I wouldn't wanna associate with Saul and the rest of those assholes, they need a fucking wake up call and realize there group is nothing without scott weiland fronting them....Because they will not find a replacement half as good as Scott....
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

coma09

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2008, 08:22:47 AM »
lucky for the kid Scott wasnt in the cab when they chased him in their car, i mean who is that desparate and it wouldve only ended in more tears if Scott was in that cab.
i can understand the inmaturity of the kid and why he wanted the VR cd signed so u cant blame him for tryin, if he was older and wiser he wouldve tried a different approach to it

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 10:54:16 AM »
Btw....the "comments" have to be approved by the blog owner...

But let the big hairy 16 year old with the five o'clock shadow (because I'm still doubting the was EVER written by a 16 year old) know how we feel with comments that will never be approved.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2008, 11:10:53 AM »
Looky...
Homegirl has a myspace.
Look at how her "about me" section is written (like a typical 16 year old) then go to the blog which starts a lot different than the other statements they were releasing...Pop's is a 6'2" 350 pound guy who allegedly does "security" around Cleveland.

Sounds to me Pop's wrote it. Seems to me HE was all pissed that he couldn't get Scott to take a picture with his little angel (she has pictures with other musicians including with Dean, Robert and Eric...and JIMMY NORTON from the O&A show that was all pissy on air about Scott).
Look at her other blogs...written like a typical 16 year old, no paragraphs, run on sentences...

http://www.myspace.com/jenniferkaplan 

I'm calling bullshit. I called bullshit from the beginning. It's sad you need a license to drive, hunt and fish but not to Parent. And this is how Parents are rasing our youth...
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2008, 11:18:59 AM »
to the op - people know i like a certain style of music so whenever something happens, they usually will tell me about it especially when it involves bands that i am a fan of.
do i feel the need to "defend" my favorite band/musician? not at all. i can still be a fan without having to excuse or defend bad behaviour.
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2008, 11:26:02 AM »
But if it was a genuine 16 year old kid who's heart and hopes were dashed by the BIG BAD rockstar....
Doesn't matter who, insert name.

But it seems a PARENT is using their child to defame someone. How low can a Parent go?

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2008, 12:42:53 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
I get shit for liking Scott/STP from this Radiohead fan at school, pisses me off, the pussy thinks STP/Pearl Jam/Soundgarden is all "three chord garbage."  Fucking Radiohead fans.

I would tell him atleast my lead singer doesn't look like a mutant.

He sounds like the same douche who would think that Phish is the greatest band of all-time.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 02:43:47 PM by loungefly611 »
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Danger Stepp

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2008, 02:40:19 PM »
What's wrong with tying Weiland's shoe for him?  Sounds like a privilege and an honor. 

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2008, 03:21:13 PM »
"Ewww Velvet Revolver."

hahahahahahahah, i agree with scott
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2008, 03:49:29 PM »
Quote from: "Atlantic"
Why are people second-guessing that this was written by a 16-year-old? Do people think it is too well written or too poorly written?

Personally, I don't care about this story. Kid shoulda brought an STP CD to this concert. 12 Bar Blues I could understand, I might have even done that myself if I couldn't find SLDD or Tiny Music, but VR? C'mon.

Anyways, there's a part of the story that reads something like "A fan asks the band (minus Scott) if they're going to record a new album and they respond 'This tour will determine that.'" -Anyone think this was due to that horrible show a few days ago? Or is this something that we shouldn't worry about?

This incident took place prior to the show in Jersey.  So, to answer your question....Nope.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2008, 04:24:52 PM »
AND a member of the board at this Cleveland show just posted a picture in the tour thread that he and his friend took with Scott. Scott looks happy.

So that makes this GUY who wrote the tirade look like a bigger asshole.

Vasoline*Val

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/valvixin
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2008, 04:37:10 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
Looky...
Homegirl has a myspace.
Look at how her "about me" section is written (like a typical 16 year old) then go to the blog which starts a lot different than the other statements they were releasing...Pop's is a 6'2" 350 pound guy who allegedly does "security" around Cleveland.

Sounds to me Pop's wrote it. Seems to me HE was all pissed that he couldn't get Scott to take a picture with his little angel (she has pictures with other musicians including with Dean, Robert and Eric...and JIMMY NORTON from the O&A show that was all pissy on air about Scott).
Look at her other blogs...written like a typical 16 year old, no paragraphs, run on sentences...

http://www.myspace.com/jenniferkaplan    

ha ha ha i went and looked at her page.. shes just a stupid brat

I'm calling bullshit. I called bullshit from the beginning. It's sad you need a license to drive, hunt and fish but not to Parent. And this is how Parents are rasing our youth...
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend, pick a flower hold your breath and drif