October 04, 2024, 06:28:39 AM

Author Topic: Supporting Scott  (Read 22848 times)

wittyscreenname

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting health class today
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2008, 07:02:27 PM »
Quote from: "EustaciaWildeve"
*faints*

*collapses in a big pile of melty goo a long with you*

jayjay9979

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
scotts music and my thoughts
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2009, 07:59:57 AM »
this may be my first post here, and first post in a long time on a stp/scott weiland forum, or any other forum....but i have been around religously pretty much everyday for the longest time, 10 or 12 years,  (wow, thinking about that i can't believe how long it's been, getting old..time sure does fly by)  i remember diggin through my brothers cassette tapes and found one from a group with a funny name and put it in my tape player... from the moment i pressed the play button till this moment that i am writing this.. i have been amazed, inspired, just drawn to the amazing genius that scott has with his lyrics and musical ability..i know that a lot of the credit go to dean,rob and eric (dean is just the best with his axe, in my opinion, there is no one better to my ears) they are all amazing..
 that cassette tape was Purple, i think i was probably 14 at the time, not a big music fan...that cassette changed my life, it never left my tape player, i sat there and listend to every song and broke down the lyrics and tried and tried to understand what they ment. i think that almost every song that i listend to i came up with numorus adeptations of what they ment or what scott tried to get through to his listeners.
 listening to the new music that has been coming out over the past years, and music that has been out for years...there is no one! absolutly no one that can even come close to scotts ability..what makes a great song writer or lyric writer, i think in my opinion, is one that makes you think, brings you into his life and mind and teases your mind, leaving you to think, "what is he trying to say?" or what was he thinkin or going through at the time he wrote these lyrics...  layne (aic), eddie veder (pj, some of his songs ) and maynard james keenan (tool)  i could put in the same group, along with bowie and bob dylan, lyrics wise.
music nowdays is sooooooo predictable...guitar player plays a cool catchy little riff in drop d or some power chords strung together and the singer sings about his ex girlfriend or his latest one night stand or how good his girlfriend gives head and the album sells 5 million copies and everyone thinks that is good music...it just sickens me. hell i can do that.
 then you have scott in this mix, where everyone (media) wants to just put him down, ask him about his drug problem, his divorce problems, critisize him about straying away from STP and coming out with these different albums (HIG, 12BB) its just wrong..the music buisness is just turned around and going backwards..i hope sometime in the near future it gets back to where it should be...where great artist are awarded for their talents, instead of who can come up with the best computerized bass beat and rap into a mic about absolutly nothing worth while.
 no one wants to give scott credit where credit is due...yes i know that his problems with drugs and all the other crap did have an effect on him and his status, but god damn the guy has done it all, and continues to do it all. pouring his blood sweat and tears into every album and tour that he can, and with all the baggage that he has on his shoulders, its not easy,  he keeps fighting and fighting and he is doing damn good! i applaud you scott! your music will live on forever and be timeless!
 i had a lot more points i was leading to with this, oh well, i will save it for later, i just had to get these thoughts of my mind. sorry so long!  i guess i was just wondering if anyone else feels this way about music or if scott has had this kind of influence on them lyrically or not...have a good night!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: scotts music and my thoughts
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2009, 04:04:43 PM »
Nice thought .. but there is some good, creative music out there its just not on the radio .. you have to dig for it but i get what your sayn

jayjay9979

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Re: scotts music and my thoughts
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2009, 07:38:46 PM »
yeah i know...there is, but thats what sucks, you have to dig for it...i guess i didn't mean that scott was the only good out there and everyone else sucks, there is some stuff out there that i like but just nothing that has captivated me as much as scotts work

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting health class today
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2010, 04:06:18 AM »
Quote from: "STmotherfuckinP"
Quote from: "EustaciaWildeve"
Cane + Scott = Hot Pimp!
and we're all his girls LOL

He'd need a large bed!!!!

Oh and People would look at me oddly if they knew I was a Weiland fan, I am a drug chemist lol  :o

Drugs are bad, well painkillers are the ones with the addiction issues  ;)
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

unglued24

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
I'm worried about Scott...
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2010, 04:20:22 PM »
Guys, let me start by saying I love Scott as much as anything in the world. There's honestly something wrong with him though and I think that he's in trouble if he doesn't figure things out soon.

I watched a documentary about the Doors last night and saw the way that Jim Morrison gradually declined from the begining to the end. How he started with psychadelic drugs but later shifted to alcohol and then staggered around like a drunken fool on stage.

I guess part of me just wonders if Scott realizes what he is doing to himself?

Slash claims that when he was into drugs in 1990, David Bowie told him to be carefuly, warning him "You are exposing yourself to the darker realms of your subconscious being". Maybe Scott would listen to Bowie...
"What is the truth? What is reality? Your truth, your knowledge, that becomes your truth, becomes the reality...figure it out for yourself..." Scott Weiland

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: I'm worried about Scott...
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2010, 04:27:16 PM »
I'm worried too. He appears to be drunk or on something in recent interviews. Personally, I would prefer him completely sober, because that's when I think he's at his best.

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2010, 04:38:55 PM »
Quote from: "EyesOfDisarray"
I'm worried too. He appears to be drunk or on something in recent interviews. Personally, I would prefer him completely sober, because that's when I think he's at his best.

I know it sucks guys.  It's been this way, though, since 1996

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2010, 04:48:41 PM »
He's not you or me. He likely will never be stable like an "average" guy. That said, I think he looks and sounds better than he has in years. Give him some credit -- think back to the spring of '08 when STP reunited. He was practically anorexic, and was slurring incoherently when speaking at most of those concerts (though he sang GREAT - like he was amazingly on autopilot or something once a song started). I was witness to one of those shows myself.

He looks far healthier now, and I think he's sounded decent in most recent interviews. We should be praising him for these improvements. He's not perfect right now, but I think he's doing quite a bit better. Good for him, I say.  :)

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2010, 04:52:41 PM »
Quote from: "detomaso"
He's not you or me. He likely will never be stable like an "average" guy. That said, I think he looks and sounds better than he has in years. Give him some credit -- think back to the spring of '08 when STP reunited. He was practically anorexic, and was slurring incoherently when speaking at most of those concerts (though he sang GREAT - like he was amazingly on autopilot or something once a song started). I was witness to one of those shows myself.

He looks far healthier now, and I think he's sounded decent in most recent interviews. We should be praising him for these improvements. He's not perfect right now, but I think he's doing quite a bit better. Good for him, I say.  :)

Agreed...he's far and above the way he was for that first reunion tour. I also saw him in concert that year in May, a mere week before the famous PNC concert. He fell, he slurred, he laid on the ground silent while Rob sang the last verse on Vasoline. While it was still the best fucking show i've ever seen in my life, he looks much better now. The only thing i still don't get is the speech...unless he's intentionally trying to be cryptic and enigmatic, i don't get it. I was just listening to him do an interview while he was with VR and it's not even close...hope it's either an act or there's nothing seriously wrong
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

sbuxreg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/sbuxreg
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2010, 04:53:01 PM »
i definately know scott can drink him some scotch. that said in a recent interview w/ spin i believe it was Robert who was afraid scott was abusing prescription medication. so who knows.

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2010, 01:45:30 AM »
Considering he's bipolar and has drug and alcohol problems (wouldn't be surprised if it was a form of self-medication), it's not a surprise he's not doing well right now. The reason I say that is because my guess is he's really struggling with the depression side, especially with things like his recent divorce. Plus with the release of the new album, he may be really stressed about the success. Since he seems to have an addictive personality, to quit the alcoholism is going to be a struggle. I know he said a big inspiration to try to clean-up his life are his children...hopefully that'll make a difference.

I, like you, hope he can clean-up and get healthy again. The problem is his history has shown that the chances of it are iffy. I don't say it in a harsh way...I really do hope for the best for him.
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2010, 02:09:04 AM »
This actually goes against many journalists' observations that he seems healthier now than recent years. He's put on some weight (about 40 pounds) since his VR days. Sure, he may still have his demons, because once you're an addict, you are never NOT an addict ever again. It's a daily struggle, and he just needs to find his way to keep it out of his life, if he hasn't already.

If I'm being honest, I don't think he seems drunk in his interviews, he seems burnt out after years of drug use. You can see the wheels turning, but it takes a while for the synapses to fire and force the thought out of his mouth. But, it's hard to tell if that's true, or if he's trying to play "cool, detached rock star." Because once he's onstage, he's a different animal all together.

Time will tell, I suppose.
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2010, 03:32:32 AM »
Hi Everyone (first post)- I saw Scott in a hotel bar in Canada late last fall and he looked absolutely sedated (could barely chew his food) but a few hours later he was on stage and fairly coherent .  I think his bipolar meds. mixed with booze are the culprit...very sad to see...

SundayGirl

« Reply #119 on: June 01, 2010, 05:27:32 AM »
All i'm going to say is...live his life for one second!!!!!