August 19, 2024, 05:32:39 PM

Author Topic: 2008-08-06 - Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach Theatre  (Read 25493 times)

White Knuckles

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
2008-08-06 - Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach Theatre
« on: June 03, 2008, 06:47:16 AM »
So I can't find any info, but apparently STP is playing Jones Beach Aug 6th, and tix go on sale June 6th?  Anybody have any information on this?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 10:23:21 AM by Rik »

White Knuckles

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP @ Jones Beach?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 06:51:31 AM »
so its not on ticketmaster's or STP's website but its here
http://www.jonesbeach.com/

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 11:15:52 AM »
It's on the official website now and I just got a email for the presale which is Friday at 10am

(I am however buying ticket insurance....just...in....case)
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 12:31:07 PM »
I will probably pick up a ticket and give them another chance.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 02:27:27 PM »
I would imagine if this tour or a number of shows are cancelled, there will be refunds through ticketmaster.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 02:54:36 PM »
Yes but they won't refund all the fees and add ons which adds like another $10 on your ticket price.

I think the $6.00 insurance covers that.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 03:44:58 PM »
Double check that.  I believe if you buy them through ticketmaster directly they will refund all the junk fees.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 03:46:13 PM »
are you sure??

I thought processing fees and such were non-refundable.

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 03:56:08 PM »
From the ticketmaster website.

When Ticketmaster issues you a refund for a ticket, it will issue a refund of the ticket's face value paid (or, if a discounted ticket, then instead the discounted ticket price paid), the facility fee and the convenience charge, unless the ticket was sold through TicketExchange in which case Ticketmaster will issue a refund of the ticket price you paid on TicketExchange and the convenience charge (if any) you paid on TicketExchange. If the event was scheduled to occur in Canada, then the order processing fee will also be refunded (but not for events that were scheduled to occur in the United States). In no event will delivery prices or any other fees or amounts be refunded. If a refund is issued, it will be issued using the same method of payment that was used to purchase the tickets. If a credit card was used to make the refunded purchase, then only that actual credit card will receive the credit for the refund. Ticketmaster will not be liable for travel or any other expenses that you or anyone else incurs in connection with a cancelled or postponed event.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 05:10:20 PM »
THanks for the 411.
Why do I remember people bitching about ticketbastard not refunding something to them....

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 06:03:32 PM »
It is possible that they haven't always refunded the junk fees.  Maybe government intervention changed that, I don't know.

STP123

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 06:59:15 PM »
hmmm i saw them at PNC and they played really well (it was my first time seeing them and besides the long wait I have no complaints).  Jones Beach is a ride but I would love to see these guys again.  Has anyone ever been to Jones Beach? how are the lawn seats?

White Knuckles

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 05:30:10 AM »
no lawn seats @ jones beach, all seats, nice venue tho...

BTW really important question to ask you guys... so since this was just announced, I already bought a ticket to see Slipknot and Disturbed on the same day :(  Now I really wanna see slipknot, but at the same time I wanna see STP again... Slipknots playing other dates, so I was wondering if you guys know any way in that I could get a refund/exchange for my slipknot ticket?

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 05:57:01 PM »
Quote from: "White Knuckles"
so I was wondering if you guys know any way in that I could get a refund/exchange for my slipknot ticket?

Ticketmaster's not going to buy those back from you.  My sister has used StubHub.com a few times for getting/getting rid of Cavs tickets - you can always try that.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 04:03:07 PM »
Quote from: "White Knuckles"
so I was wondering if you guys know any way in that I could get a refund/exchange for my slipknot ticket?

Try stubhub or ebay. Someone posted here alittle while back that they got their ticket refunded, but that had to be under entirely different circumstances because I have NEVER HEARD ticketmaster refunding ANYTHING unless the show was canceled or the date changed.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..