September 19, 2024, 08:34:15 AM

Author Topic: 2008-08-06 - Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach Theatre  (Read 26485 times)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-08-06 - Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach Theatre
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2008, 12:48:10 AM »
IF the concert gods behave...
There's a 30% chance of rain. But that means they'll be 70% chance it won't! ;-)

But usually the concert gods smile at me....

Well....for those planning on tailgating. The little underage fucktards ruin it again just like  Ozzfest last year (17 underage kids taken to the Hospital with alcohol poisoning and 2 deaths from alcohol/drugs)and VR was playing the next day. Now Jones Beach parking lot will be CRAWLING with Police.:

Melee breaks out in parking lot during Jones Beach concert
BY MARC BEJA | marc.beja@newsday.com
Citations and arrests after a parking lot melee at a Jones Beach show by popular band O.A.R. went well beyond the usual concert calls cops get at the venue.

"They were drinking more often at the O.A.R. concert than any other concert . . . this year, and the year before and the year before," said State Park Police Capt. Bruce Marx of Saturday night's event.

Police said numerous fights broke out and 24 minors were taken to Nassau University Medical Center for treatment of alcohol poisoning.

In the parking lot outside of the Nikon at Jones Beach Theater, police wrote approximately 100 summonses for having beer on the premises.Although 12 officers were originally assigned two weeks ago to patrol the concert, additional state park officers were brought in during the concert from other posts around New York to work at Jones Beach, bringing the total to 50, Marx said. Typically, about 12 officers are assigned to a sold-out show at Jones Beach, he added.

Sgt. Manny Vilar of the State Park Police supervisor's union said he believed there would have been even more arrests and tickets if there were more officers present, speaking on behalf of the union and not the police department.

"We should have originally staffed it with 100 people," Vilar said. "You can't control nine or 10 thousand people with 50 police officers."

Spokesman Jim Steen of the concert organizer, Live Nation, said, "The overwhelming majority" of the show's 10,000 or so patrons were "behaving appropriately."

The venue has a seating capacity of about 14,000.

At the band's concert Friday at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, N.J., 23 minors were arrested and charged with a variety of charges related to alcohol and marijuana use, New Jersey State Police Sgt. Julian Castellanos said.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 12:49:57 AM by Peebs »
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

stpnj2008

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2008, 02:48:12 PM »
At least they are only predicting AM rain. Hopefully everything passes by the time they hit the stage tmw night.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2008, 03:15:57 PM »
Yea I saw they changed the weather....
Rain tonight into tomorrow morning then it should clear!
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2008, 11:31:34 PM »
I pray to God this is better then PNC on 5/31
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2008, 11:37:37 PM »
Oh i have no doubt that you all are in for a seriously kick ass show...possibly the best yet.
I'll send good thoughts out for ya 'n you take me there with ya in spirit!  :(
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

drainu182

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Re: set time?
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2008, 01:45:13 AM »
Hey, does anyone know if Black Rebel Motorcycle Club is the only opening band? If so, what time do you think STP will go on? 9pm? I don't wanna get to the show too early

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2008, 01:49:08 AM »
Tickets available.

My friend has extras:

I ended up with two extra tix for Stone Temple Pilots at jones beach tomorrow night, Orchestra D (front orchestra) Row R, (but R is really only 3 rows back in the section after the handicapped part, there is no row Q), because it's behind the handicapped seating there.

I paid about $168 but i'm negotiable, don't want them to go to waste.

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll get you in touch with her!

stpfan77

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2008, 01:13:50 PM »
Quote from: "stpfan77"
I have a great single-ticket seat for the Jones Beach show that I am looking to part with, and this is a pretty good deal I'm offering.

For $60, I'll sell to anyone who is interested (cash only) a ticket in the Orchestra section E, row LL. It's the second section behind the stage, at stage left.

I know how hard it is to get to good concerts, especially these days with the shitty economy and even shittier gas prices, so I'm hoping to make somebody's day with this deal. There are a few catches however though:

1) MUST pay cash .. I don't have a paypal account and have no interest in setting one up, and I'm not putting my trust in a personal check from a stranger who I may never see or be able to contact again.
2) Whoever would like to buy the ticket must meet at a place convenient for me ... like in midtown Manhattan.

Without getting into it too much, something has come up and I need to get rid of this ticket. So let me know if anyone is interested by sending me a personal email. Whoever responds first and meets all the criteria gets the ticket first.

I'm bumping the above post again ... this ticket might still be available, as the buyer I found is still up in the air about coming to the show tonight due to circumstances beyond his/her control.

Anyone who is interested must bring cash, must come to midtown Manhattan first (Port Authority, right by where I work, as I cannot really get away from there today), and must notify me by sending me an email to my personal account since I cannot access belowempty.com at work. Click on my username (stpfan77) and you'll find my personal email in my profile details.

Thanks.
It\'s more or less the same old story
The princess and the whore the lady!

zee deveel 17

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2008, 02:29:17 PM »
Is anyone tailgaiting or know if we're allowed to tailgate after the shitshow that happened at jones beach saturday?  Livenation reports that the doors open at 7 before the show starts at 8.  Is that for the parking lot or just the venue itself?  I'll try calling jones beach later to get more information;  i just figured someone here would be able to help.

much obliged.  enjoy the show fellas.  i can't wait. 

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2008, 03:01:58 PM »
The parking lot is open way before the venue does...
As for tailgating technically your not supposed to have alcohol in the parking lot but they've always turned a blind eye however since the O.A.R fiasco expect more Park Police patroling.

adhesive-love

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2008, 04:18:44 PM »
Peebs I would love to buy that ticket, but sadly, I will not be able to go :(

I can just see them playing a rare song.  I can smell it.
I know I want what\'s on my mind.

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2008, 06:11:11 PM »
Quote from: "adhesive-love"
Peebs I would love to buy that ticket, but sadly, I will not be able to go :(

I can just see them playing a rare song.  I can smell it.

As much as I'm sure we'd ALL love for that to happen, I'm not getting the same feeling. But I hope you're right!

So excited for tonight!!!

augumj02

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2008, 09:23:41 PM »
damn i was really hoping to tailgate before they took the stage, oh well should still be an amazing performance!

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2008, 11:07:19 PM »
Mom and I are off! I'll be the girl in this shirt with the rainbow studded belt. Let's hope we're in for an awesome night! :)

adhesive-love

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2008, 04:24:36 AM »
I'm dying for reviews of this show!
I know I want what\'s on my mind.