September 12, 2024, 05:56:24 AM

Author Topic: 2008-08-06 - Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach Theatre  (Read 26296 times)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: STP @ Jones Beach?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 04:22:10 PM »
well not entirely true...
When Marilyn Manson played 2 dates here in the Fall I wanted to get tix for the last show on Wed but accidently bought the Tues tix.

I called and they immediately canceled my Tuesday tix and I just went on and bought the right date.

But they might have done that because it was literally an hour or so after purchase.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 03:48:46 PM »
WOOHOO! Sec B Row M
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Sue

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 05:34:46 PM »
double whooo hoooo!
ORCH C, row J (10th row) :)

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 02:11:33 AM »
Orch F, row MM. Freaking as SOON as the presale started and this is what we got.

Whatever though, man, my first STP show! :)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 02:28:38 PM »
I have a new system for Jones Beach.
Buy one ticket.
I love my friends to death but we are going to be together before and after the show. I can sit alone for the show.
When you purchase 1 or 2 (but even 2 tickets are iffy) you'll get A, B, C or D orc sec.

Anything more than that and your getting higher sections. Don't ask me why....ticketbastard just releases them that way.

sassydagger

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 05:23:22 PM »
Quote from: "STP123"
hmmm i saw them at PNC and they played really well (it was my first time seeing them and besides the long wait I have no complaints).  Jones Beach is a ride but I would love to see these guys again.  Has anyone ever been to Jones Beach? how are the lawn seats?
i agree...i wanna go to jones too. on the official website they give you a visual or try livenation. they give a 3D view. i live in brooklyn and can't drive so its gonna be a struggle doing it in public transportation...
\\\"Grab the hate and drown it out
Grab the beat and drum it out
It\\\'s all so confusing\\\"

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 06:06:13 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
I have a new system for Jones Beach.
Buy one ticket.
I love my friends to death but we are going to be together before and after the show. I can sit alone for the show.
When you purchase 1 or 2 (but even 2 tickets are iffy) you'll get A, B, C or D orc sec.

Anything more than that and your getting higher sections. Don't ask me why....ticketbastard just releases them that way.

We only purchased 2, and I didn't have a choice... I'm going with my mom. :P

adhesive-love

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2008, 03:48:08 AM »
Does anyone think this show may sell out?  I'm planning on getting cheap tickets anyway.  My friend who was supposed to go with me to see them in Holmdel had a death in the family.  He couldn't go to that concert.  And since I'm up for seeing them again, I want him to as well!
I know I want what\'s on my mind.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2008, 04:25:27 AM »
I live 25 minutes from Jones Beach (I'm on the South Shore of Nassau County)

Jones Beach does not have a "lawn" like PNC. Back in the day if we wanted to "hear" a show we used to take the boats out to Zacks Bay and listen. But now because of security you can't get boats close to the Theater.
If you are taking public transportation-if you take the LIRR to the Wantagh station, they have MTA buses to take you straight to the theater. I'm NOT sure of the bus schedule for after the show, you may want to check here:

http://www.mta.info/libus/index.html

adhesive-love

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2008, 04:40:14 PM »
I called  the information center and they said you can take the LIRR to Freeport, then they have a bus that takes you right to Jones Beach.  He said for a roundtrip (both LIRR and bus) will cost just 15 dollars :-O

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 07:59:13 PM »
Freeport? :-o Oooooooooooooooooooh maybe the bus hops on the Meadowbrook to the theater. Buses can't fit under some of the underpasses (too low) on the Wantagh Pky.

Word to the wise....don't travel back alone. Fleaport...I mean Freeport ;-) is NOT a good train station at night.

adhesive-love

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »
What's so bad about it?

oldman

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2008, 08:17:05 PM »
If I remember rightly (and it's been a while) Wantagh is best from the East and Freeport from the West (NYC folks). Jones Beach itself IS in Wantagh so make your decisions and just GET THERE (wish I was there - that place is awesome on good nights). Also - if it rains you won't have any cover but the band will so there's gonna be a show no matter what. A bit windy too if you care (or plan on recording the show - which I hope SOMEONE will).

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2008, 11:10:43 PM »
Hey kids, I need advice on this!  I've never been to NYC (or surrounding area...just upstate) but my best-friend lives in Queens.  I've been meaning to go visit with him and this concert gives me the perfect excuse.  (Long story but my fiance isn't real wild about the idea of me going to stay with my male friend...nothing sinister there I swear.  Anyway, he'll let me go-just not thrilled)

Anyhoo!  I'm flying into NYC, not driving...takes too long.  I know Jones Beach is out on Long Island.  My friend said we could take the train out there from his place in Queens.  My thing is...he estimated it being a 2 hr ride!  Ugh!  Would it be that long?  Any ideas on what would be our best bet?  He doesn't drive.  I find this quite odd but he was born and raised in NYC and said he's never had the need to have a license.  (I guess I could see that) 

If it takes that damn long to get there by train, should we just stay all night out there in a hotel or something?  It's 30 miles from his apt to Jones Beach...why on earth would it take 2 hours by train?!?!?!

Quote from: "oldman"
...if it rains you won't have any cover but the band will so there's gonna be a show no matter what.
I don't mind that.  I won't melt.  I was at an Anthrax show here years ago at an outside venue.  It was general admission and the mud everywhere was like quicksand.  If you were up front it went up to your ankles.  I lost a shoe and was covered in mud.  It actually was fun after I got over being covered in mud.  I was living with my dad and step-monster at the time.  They wouldn't let me in the house until I hosed myself off outside.  Good times.  :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 11:17:03 PM by Anonymous »
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 12:45:13 AM »
Depends where in Queens he lives. The Babylon line (which the freeport or wantagh station is on) has stops in Queens. I leave from Rockville Centre station and I'm at Penn in 35 minutes (if it's an express-45 if it's a local). And Freeport is two stops east of Rockville Centre.

What's so bad about it?
Not a great neighborhood.

Also - if it rains you won't have any cover but the band will so there's gonna be a show no matter what

Unless there is lightening. Then they will cancel. But plain ol rain...no they won't.