October 04, 2024, 02:30:36 AM

Author Topic: Scott's obssesion with "days of the week"  (Read 13412 times)

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott's obssesion with
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2010, 05:14:34 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
Quote from: "SoftVinyl"
On every day of the week it is someone's birthday so Scott masturbates!
lol hilarius

Plus in vasoline, he makes masturbation noises!

I think the days of the week maybe due to his catholic unbringing as I am sure I read somewhere he was an alter boy!  Heaven and Hotrods mentions about not being able to get in heaven on a sunday in the lyrics.  Defo a nod to this I feel.

I am obsessed with the video with them cute glasses  ;D
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • I knew the questions but I lost the answers...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2010, 05:35:36 PM »
Wow.....a thread from 2008 gets bumped and the conversation continues like it never stopped.  ;D

Well if we're talking about Scott talking about certain "days" during his songs, how about

"Salad Day" in Trippin on a hole? ;) I've never understood what thats supposed to mean.

Then again, I'm pretty sure I dont understand anything in that song really.
Favorite STP songs at the moment: Hazey Daze, Fast as I Can, I Got You, Pruno

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 08:23:36 PM »
Quote from: "Shannon"
Well if we're talking about Scott talking about certain "days" during his songs, how about

"Salad Day" in Trippin on a hole? ;) I've never understood what thats supposed to mean.

Then again, I'm pretty sure I dont understand anything in that song really.

Your "salad days" are meant to be the best days of your life - as in "those were our salad days" or whatever.

You're right though - the whole lyric to that song is crazy. Those are the ones I love the best, when Scott appears to be on about nothing very much at all but then certain lines just jump right out at you. That's his great strength as a lyricist imo.

ralphtheman23

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2010, 08:31:40 PM »
"Somebody raped my tapeworm abortion..." (wtf??)  I find that a lot of his lyrics don't make much sense, but they're still very good and tend to flow well with the songs.

goduffgo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2010, 12:50:00 AM »
amazing that you missed out illegal I "all hate sundays!"

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2010, 12:57:02 AM »
Also- in their interview with lamo-Carolla Scott and Dean talk about how "wonderful" Days of the Week is. Scott also mentioned that the record company picked that single and he understands how fans who like the harder STP were disappointed.

I know an artist will never say they don't like a song they produce (or are asked to produce), but I wonder if he actually likes it. I mean it's soft rock, but poppy. Wonderful, Still Remains and Lady Picture Show are soft, but not poppy.
--Rob--

maynx

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2010, 01:00:33 AM »
Quote from: "SoftVinyl"
On every day of the week it is someone's birthday so Scott masturbates!

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Thanks for that. This is topic is hilarious. Shame on anyone who bothers to over-analyze it. It's just a quirk of his. And it makes for LOL-filled discussion for us "core" fans. The fact that we're all reading in on and participating in this topic makes us just as "obsessed" with Scott's "obsession" as he is! ;)
But she'll never really be alone...as long as I'm beside her...

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2010, 12:07:21 AM »
Quote from: "MAZZA26"
Ok - maybe this has been mentioned before - but is it just me or has anyone else noticed Mr Weilands obsession with the days of the week -

apart from the obvious title to the track off core the rest of these songs refer to the days of the week quite often -

Naked Sunday
Interstate Love Song (carrying on with the sunday tradition!)
Down (Sunday girl!)
Heaven and HotRods (obsession with Sunday!)
Church On Tuesday
Days Of The Week
You can't drive me away - "why don't you wear those sunday shoes"
She Mine (mentioning monday, Sunday and tuesday again!!)

Though it's an STP song, considering Scott wrote the lyrics don't forget Between the Lines - "Crocodile sunday smile"
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

maynx

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2010, 12:17:40 AM »
Quote from: "Violet Skies"
Ok - maybe this has been mentioned before - but is it just me or has anyone else noticed Mr Weilands obsession with the days of the week -

apart from the obvious title to the track off core the rest of these songs refer to the days of the week quite often -

Naked Sunday
Down (Sunday girl!)
Church On Tuesday
Days Of The Week

Though it's an STP song, considering Scott wrote the lyrics don't forget Between the Lines - "Crocodile sunday smile"

According to the lyric sheet, it's "Crocodiles sometimes smile." Could be a typo, but that's how it's printed, for what it's worth. I for one was hoping it was another nod to Scott's favorite day of the week. :P
But she'll never really be alone...as long as I'm beside her...

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2010, 03:27:26 AM »
Quote from: "maynx"
Quote from: "Violet Skies"

Naked Sunday
Down (Sunday girl!)
Church On Tuesday
Days Of The Week

According to the lyric sheet, it's "Crocodiles sometimes smile." Could be a typo, but that's how it's printed, for what it's worth. I for one was hoping it was another nod to Scott's favorite day of the week. :P

Oh oops...I read that at a lyric site. Sorry.  :-[

Your line would make more sense, too. Of course, Scott's lyrics do have that surreal-feel to it quite often, so it would suit him to write that. I would say when it comes to this song, you're right, though.
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2010, 04:14:54 AM »
Quote from: "goduffgo"
amazing that you missed out illegal I "all hate sundays!"
Yeah what is that even supposed to mean? "It's killing time in the streets, all hate Sunday!" Ah, I love Weiland lyrics lol. I love that part of "Illegal I Song" too, Scott sounds sick
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2010, 06:31:21 AM »
I remember when Scott mentioned at el Rey during a vr show  that "It's so easy" influenced him to write the lyrics for Sex Type Thing " wanna know what influenced that song for me?" that song says "...Sunday dress" maybe he thought it was a good line and decided to use for his lyrics? Doesn't sunday symbolize something pure?
If you only knew..