October 01, 2024, 10:17:22 AM

Author Topic: 2008-07-07 - Akron, OH - Thomas Hall @ the University of Akron  (Read 16163 times)

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-07-07 - Akron, OH - Thomas Hall @ the University of Akron
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2008, 03:19:24 AM »
Nigel,

I'm not very tech savvy but is there any way I can get copies of your pictures?  I'm in one of them with Scott on stage and would love to get the pic.  I tried to order them through snapfish but they said there's a problem.

Awesome show by the way.  I snuck up front from 3rd row right in front of Robert!!  Scott almost fell on top of us!  Robert handed me a guitar pick in the middle of the show. The boys sounded phenomenal!  They came over and shook hands with us at the end of the show.  Hands down one of the best nights of my life!  Worth the 3 1/2 hr drive from Detroit!  At the end of the night, we waited and watched Scott come out of the building and get on the tour bus then came back out.  He then signed a couple autographs and took a couple pictures.

nigel tufnel

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2008, 04:14:38 AM »
Christie,

Have you tried downloading the picture you're in from the site? There should be an option to download the photo on the right hand side, or you could just right-click and "save picture as."

If you're still having trouble I can e-mail you the shot you're in, let me know. 

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2008, 11:59:37 AM »
Hey Nigel,

I tried shutterfly instead of snapfish and that worked!  Thanks for your help!  Your pictures turned out great!  I'm still on cloud 9 from the show:)

Christie

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2008, 04:44:19 PM »
Quote from: "EclecticBohemian"
Eric's nip is pierced...is that what you guys are talking about?

Come on.  When/why did he do THIS?
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2008, 12:30:24 AM »
Actually it's Eric's earpiece.  I have a picture that show's it better.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2008, 10:01:29 PM »
Shit, shit, shit!  Just talked to my Pops today and told him about the show Monday.  He said if he would've known he would've went with me!!!  Omg, can you imagine?  (My dad is almost 60)  I do have a cool pop, he has a very eclectic taste in music; loves all genre & eras.  (He's an amateur guitarist-bassist-drummer...one of those damn people who can pick up an instrument & automatically learn it) 

I went to see Pink Floyd with him years ago; such a trip.  That would have been the ultimate to see STP with my Pops!  Dammit, missed opportunity! 

Can you imagine the look on the guys' face with a (almost) 60 yr. old man up front at their show?  They probably would've thought it was Sean Connery...my dad looks like him and people often mistake him for Connery.  (My pops is Italian not Scottish though)
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2008, 11:13:42 PM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
http://www.ohio.com/news/top_stories/24162849.html
review

Thanks for sharing!

Quote from: "EclecticBohemian"
Shit, shit, shit!  Just talked to my Pops today and told him about the show Monday.  He said if he would've known he would've went with me!!!  Omg, can you imagine?  (My dad is almost 60)  I do have a cool pop, he has a very eclectic taste in music; loves all genre & eras.  (He's an amateur guitarist-bassist-drummer...one of those damn people who can pick up an instrument & automatically learn it) 

I went to see Pink Floyd with him years ago; such a trip.  That would have been the ultimate to see STP with my Pops!  Dammit, missed opportunity! 

Can you imagine the look on the guys' face with a (almost) 60 yr. old man up front at their show?  They probably would've thought it was Sean Connery...my dad looks like him and people often mistake him for Connery.  (My pops is Italian not Scottish though)

Wow that would be way cool to see STP with your dad!!! haha I wish my dad would go with me thad be great!
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2008, 05:07:26 PM »
Hey Deniece,

I was reading one of your posts on the stp board that you were leaning on the stage at the Akron show.  Where were you?  I was leaning on the stage right in front of Robert and was wondering if you were the girl on my left.  I thought that show was amazing!!  I of course rubbed Scott's leg too.  Security told the girl next to me that if she touched him again she would get kicked out:)  I'm trying to sweet talk my husband into going to Hammond, IN.  This would be the third time seeing them and the 4th vacation day from work. 

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2008, 02:54:42 AM »
I was to the right...in front of Dean.  I didn't see you but you must have been on the other side of all those guys in the middle.  I think we were probably the only two chicks up front then.  Ha!

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2008, 04:53:31 PM »
Awesome...we were tag teaming the Deleo Bros!  I wish I could've met you!  I just missed catching Scott when he fell on stage.  I think he tripped on the wires not due to being intoxicated.   Were you outside before or after the concert waiting for Scott?  That was such a good time! I bought tickets for Hammond, IN.  The hubby doesn't know yet. 

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2008, 04:55:08 PM »
Oh yeah, I just sent Rik some pics from the show.  Sorry it took so long!

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2008, 08:12:54 PM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
Awesome...we were tag teaming the Deleo Bros!  I wish I could've met you!  I just missed catching Scott when he fell on stage.  I think he tripped on the wires not due to being intoxicated.   Were you outside before or after the concert waiting for Scott?  That was such a good time! I bought tickets for Hammond, IN.  The hubby doesn't know yet. 

Ha!  Yup we were!  Here's a pic I found taken by Nigel?  The yellow arrows point to me and The Bf (can't miss his big-ass head lol).  It was when Robert sauntered over to our side of the stage.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg20 ... fnel-1.jpg[/img]

When did Scott trip?  I missed that!  We walked in late and missed about 30-45 seconds of the opening...thanks to the bf!  (I was pissed...long story but he's a HUGE procrastinator)  If you go back in this thread I'm sure you can find where I was bitching about him being late coming from work!  Grrr!

It's not looking real good for me going to Hammond which sucks because my good friend lives 30 minutes from there.  :(  (Also a massive fan)
I'm shooting for Nashville though.  (fingers crossed)

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2008, 12:30:32 AM »
That's too funny!!  I'm in one of Nigel's pics too!!  (I don't know how to put it on here, but it's the 2nd row and 2nd from right of Nigel's pics under the Akron show)  Scott fell probably not til the 2nd or third song?  He spilled 2 beers on the chicks next to me.  I asked the security guy if he was ok, and he kinda shrugged his shoulders, like I don't know.  I can't believe you missed that.  I have an extra ticket for Hammond if you want to go.....we could meet somewhere in Michigan!

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2008, 03:43:02 AM »
Akron was definitely a great show... the only downside was that in relation to the Cleveland show, they cut "All in the Suit That you Wear" out of the setlist... the intro riff to "Plush" was way out of tune, but overall Akron was a great show...

it was nice to hear Scott improvise on the 2nd verse of "Silvergun Superman"...

"Superman with a Silver Shotgun..."

regards,

aH.