October 01, 2024, 10:19:35 AM

Author Topic: 2008-07-07 - Akron, OH - Thomas Hall @ the University of Akron  (Read 16164 times)

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-07-07 - Akron, OH - Thomas Hall @ the University of Akron
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2008, 12:23:57 PM »
^^
Green Bug with STPGURL plates! WOO HOO!!!! ;D ;D

What I heard sounded amazing.  I'm glad y'all got a good show.

I sat on my sofa with a fat white bulldog on my lap and a glass of scotch and listened to the show.  Good stuff.  :)  I can NOT fucking wait for AC!  I am NOT going to make it another MONTH.  :P

stpnj2008

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2008, 01:12:39 PM »
Sounds like it was an amazing show. That is pretty lame that the crowd was sitting down for most of the show. STP is the last band that I would find myself taking a breather for, the energy in their set is just too incredible.

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2008, 02:02:18 PM »
That happened at the show I saw in Vegas too....nobody moving on the floor, and everybody else just sitting there looking bored....hell of a concert though, and I'm starting to get damn excited for the next one....only 4 1/2 more weeks! :D
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2008, 05:14:45 PM »
OMG... who didn't stand and dance??  I didn't sit down in Camden the entire show, and I can't remember an STP show I've been to that my ass didn't hurt the next day.  :P  (no it wasn't from my other half. :P)

Who doesn't jump around and scream at an STP show?? OMG! The audacity! :o

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »
Yah it was a great show, they were even better then when i saw them in cleveland on 05/20...I wish I was seeing them again this tour =( But yah I was in the grand tier and there was alot of ppl sitting down. I think I was the first one to stand up when lights went off for STP haha
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2008, 06:52:57 PM »
Here's a shot of Scott during Down when he went into the audience.  (I apologize for the shitty quality...long story)
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg20 ... 8_2207.jpg[/img]

I can't believe people were sitting!!!???  Were they freaking dead?!  I literally have bruises from pounding on the stage! 
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2008, 07:03:10 PM »
^^
So did ya get to touch him? ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2008, 07:16:04 PM »
haha from pounding the stage...that first row of 5 seats would have been amazing
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2008, 07:18:54 PM »
Quote from: "MedicBarbie"
^^
So did ya get to touch him? ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D
Yup!  Almost grabbed his ass but thought that might be a bit rude.  :P  Plus, I was the only chick up there...he would have known who it was. 

Scott has ENORMOUS feet...I know, I notice weird things.

Hey does anyone know if that tat on his inner forearm on the left is of Mary or Lucy?  He wouldn't stand still long enough for me to tell.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2008, 07:19:24 PM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"
Jessie- you were totally sitting in front of me in the grand tier, probably 5-9 rows in front of me. I knew it had to be you because you were the only girl standing the whole show jamming haha.

Haha.  Yup, that was me!  I was in the third row of the grand tier, dead center.  I felt SOOOO bad for the guy next to me - I accidentally wacked him in the head like 200 times during the show with my totally killer dance moves (hawt).  Seriously.  But that's what he got for not standing up except during "Sex Type Thing."  LAME.  I stopped apologizing to him after like, the first three songs.  lol.

I'm always super easy to spot at an STP show - I'm the maniac that screams like a loon every time Scott takes off a piece of clothing or does that shimmy-shake that makes me think horribly naughty things.  :)

Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"
When my buddies and I were leaving their was this green bug with the ohio license plate reading "STPGURL" in front of us. I had no idea who that could have been haha. I'm glad u got to make it though, Scott would have been dissappointed if you didn't ;)

You goofball.  You saw me standing in front of you at the show, then I was driving home in front of you and you didn't beep?  We could have taken picture and made everyone jealous.  Next time.  :)

OK.  So this is - hands down - the best STP show I've seen on this tour.  Personally, I think that our boys Scott just needed a little bit of time to get things grooving right.  Rob, Dean, and Eric are always on point, in my opinion.  Scott... he waivers.  But NOT LAST NIGHT!!

First off, Scott had on a pink Rolling Stones shirt, which I think he used to channel Mick's image through him - because he was "marching" up and down the stage during "BBB," one hand on his hip, a-la-Jagger.  Very sweet.

His voice was absolutely amazing.  He had a very rough growl at times, screamed like a maniac during STT (I thought I was going to freaking die.  If he wants to just stand there and scream into a bullhorn from here out, that's cool with me!), and even sounded very vulnerable and sweet at times, like during "Sour Girl" and "ILS."  I LOVED the overly-whiney introduction to BBB - just beautiful.

He addressed the crowd more than I've ever seen him do so before - and I've seen the band a ridiculous amount of times.  He was extremely chatty.  My favorite part of the show was the introduction of "Trippin" -- "Some people in life just stand there, frozen in one spot.  Not moving.  But you gotta strap on a crash helmet and GO!  And if you fall down, you just gotta have the courage to pick yourself up and keep going..." Cue "Trippin'".  He also introduced "Sour Girl" as "This next song is a story.  It's a story that lasted about 13 years..."

Deniece, I was looking for you in the pit (bitch! lol) and think I saw you.  Did you have on a black T-shirt?  It was kind of hard, since all I could see was the backs of heads.  But there were only three girls in that row, so one of them must have been you.  And actually, at the beginning of the show when Scottie almost fell (oh, no!) I was thinking "Well, at lease Deniece is down there somewhere, and she'll catch him." :)  Had he fallen and something had happened to that gorgeous face... OMG.  I don't even want to think about it.

Barbie, absolutely endless thanks to you once again for making my Weiland dreams come true.  I hope that you were able to hear alright through my cell, though I think you did, because when I looked down the call had ended after over an hour.  lol.  I tried to take some pics, but none turned out very well at all.  A cute lil blondie next to me had her camera and was taking shots the whole time - I suggested she come here and send them to Rik.  Hopefully she will, because some of them looked really nice.  :D

And lastly - eew.  I got humped at the show and not in a good way.  OK - I HATE people that get up 100 times during a show and make you move out of the damn isle or scrunch your feet up or... whatever.  I hate them.  And this drunk fuck a few seats down was one of those people.  On his last trip back, he turned and HUMPED ME.  I was busy trying to keep my eyes on W, so I was caught quite off-guard (normally, I'd go right for his groin with my knee).  Instead, I hissed "Eew - you sick-o pervert fuck!"  I vote that all venues stop selling booze at shows.  On top of the sickening smell, these macho frat-boy fucks just can't handle it.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2008, 07:27:42 PM »
Deniece, I was looking for you in the pit (bitch! lol) and think I saw you.  Did you have on a black T-shirt?
Nope, I had on a blk/purple-ish-blue shirt.  (My "hippy" shirt as my bf calls it)  I was directly in front of Dean.  When Scott kept coming over to stand on that speaker, it was right in front of me...event staff kept running over to brace it.  I was like "He ain't goin' anywhere...if he falls I'm catching him."  Ha!  Did make me a bit nervous when he went to both sides of the stage...way over by the walls.  The little edge he walked on was no more than probably 3" wide.  I was thinking..."Oh snap...he's gonna fall!"

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2008, 07:32:36 PM »
So jealous.  Damn I wish i was there. 

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2008, 07:33:40 PM »
Quote from: "EclecticBohemian"
Did make me a bit nervous when he went to both sides of the stage...way over by the walls. 

Scott's insane.  I knew that that ledge couldn't have been very wide, because I saw him wobbling.  And then going into the audience?  Shit.  I thought he was going to be torn apart - seriously.  I've seen him go into the crowd a million times - but not THIS far in.  He was IN IN.  And if I had been down there and he had been by me, he would have never gotten OUT of the crowd.  lol.

Since you were super-close -- please tell me that Scotty wasn't drinking beer on stage.  Because that's what it looked like from the grand tier.  And I was absolutely horrified.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2008, 07:39:19 PM »
I'm glad you had fun, but I'm sorry you got humped!  AND, I'm sorry I'm an idiot and I sent you the receipt for the wrong tix.  BUT, I'm glad you were there and had a good time! :-* :-*  The tix fell out in the envelope I originally had the package in.  :'(  So, I'm gonna send 'em to you for your momento file.  ;)

I listened through Plush!! ;D ;D   Then I thought, oh shit, I hope she has AT&T or free nights and weekends! LOL!!!!  He sounded fucking spot on - even through the phone!!  I could hear him interacting with the crowd and he sounded lucid and very clear - and I could tell when he took off an article of clothing - LOL!!! 

You should have lumped Mr. Humpy VonHumperton right up! WTF? That's unnacceptable. >:(

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2008, 07:40:45 PM »
Quote from: "EclecticBohemian"

Hey does anyone know if that tat on his inner forearm on the left is of Mary or Lucy?  He wouldn't stand still long enough for me to tell.

Mary and it was done by Mark Mahoney at Shamrock Tattoo.

Sounds like a killer time, hope there is video!
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)