October 01, 2024, 12:30:55 PM

Author Topic: 2008-07-07 - Akron, OH - Thomas Hall @ the University of Akron  (Read 16169 times)

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-07-07 - Akron, OH - Thomas Hall @ the University of Akron
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 05:10:08 AM »
Its after mid-night & it is Wednesday!
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg96 ... /23059.gif[/img]

FIVE MORE DAYS 'TIL SHOWTIME
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 04:23:14 PM »
IM SOOOO EXCITED.

I think it would be a close call who is more excited Deniece haha
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 04:25:48 PM »
Quote from: "live2cd"
If anyone knows of an extra ticket in the LEFT or RIGHT sections (in line w/ the stacks) in the first 10-15 rows, please email me. I can definitely tape.

SOMEONE PLEASE GET THIS MAN A TICKET!!!

I have a feeling this would be the best tape you'd get out of the three (columbus, ohio, and now akron)

They are back on their horses and blowing the minds of thousands and critics nightly...
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2008, 08:05:43 PM »
Christ on a cracker!  I broke my damn digital camera today!  I gotta get another one by Monday but don't have a lot of money to spend...shit, shit, shit.  I have my camera phone but I'm sure the pix would suck.  Should I try ebay?  Wonder if it would make it here in time?

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 12:51:41 AM »
OMG!!! You said Christ on a cracker!! LMAO!!!!!!!  WTF?  You need to get some good shots of the boys!!

Shit shit shit!!  Maybe you could meet me before the show and I'll give you my camera!!!  It's pink.  :P ;D ::)

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008, 03:42:43 PM »
??Thursday Its More Than I Can Stand...??

Thx for the offer MB but thankfully my friend is letting me borrow his...whew!  He's also letting us take his Mustang Cobra SVT to the show :)  That mutha flies & has a sick-wicked stereo system in it.  It's also a convertable but I've already told my bf that we aren't putting it down, it'll screw up my hair!  (girl-thing)

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008, 06:45:07 PM »
^^
WOO HOO!  I'm glad you got a camera, and a sweet @ss ride!!

I have tix for the grand tier, row C, seats 27&28 if anyone is interested, send me a PM.  I just want face value for 'em.  :) :)

Jessie, if they don't go, they're yours. ;)  I'd rather them be used than go to waste.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:01:45 PM by MedicBarbie »

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2008, 06:52:20 PM »
Thanks, Barbie.  :)

I've purposely been avoiding this topic, because it hurts my heart to even THINK about not seeing my boys.

Tony doesn't know it yet, because we'll get into another argument about our finances once he finds out, but I'm going to that fucking show.  Monday while he's at work, I'm getting rid of a few things to come up with some quick cash.  Then, I'm driving to the EJ Thomas Hall box office and buying a single ticket.  I'll get my Weiland on at the show, meet up with my bitches (that's you guys!), then come home and deal with the consequences of my actions.

Even though last week he actually told me "STP's my new favorite band.  Seriously.  I think I like them almost as much as you do."  (As if that's even possible.  lol).  Every time he gets into the truck he plays "Regeneration" (he likes the Plain Dealer "shoutout," as he puts it).  After he said that, I figured it was a great time to beg for tickets again.  No dice.

So I guess I'll leave it up to me.  :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2008, 06:57:49 PM »
OK, this is gonna get ghetto right quick. ;D

OH HELL NO GIRL.  You ain't hockin' yo shit to get a Weiland fix. :P :P  Fuck that!!  I've been there and hocked shit too, and in the end you don't get what it's worth and you feel like a piece of shit.

So, girlie, I retract the statement about the tix being for sale.  PM me an address I can send these to - I want to make sure you get them so I'll ship 'em off overnight, simply because I'm working the night before the show, so in case all hell breaks loose and my relief doesn't show up on Mon AM, at least you can go.  :) :)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2008, 07:04:27 PM »
Quote from: "MedicBarbie"
OK, this is gonna get ghetto right quick. ;D

OH HELL NO GIRL.  You ain't hockin' yo shit to get a Weiland fix. :P :P  Fuck that!!  I've been there and hocked shit too, and in the end you don't get what it's worth and you feel like a piece of shit.

So, girlie, I retract the statement about the tix being for sale.  PM me an address I can send these to - I want to make sure you get them so I'll ship 'em off overnight, simply because I'm working the night before the show, so in case all hell breaks loose and my relief doesn't show up on Mon AM, at least you can go.  :) :)

I feel like I should post again so no one thinks I'm ghetto (thanks for that, Barbie.  LMFAO.)  I was thinking more along the lines of selling back video games that I've already beaten or never play.  Which I should probably do, Weiland or not.  How many times can I possibly beat Zelda?  haha.   I don't want anyone picturing me in a pawn shop with a bag of jewelry and computer equipment. 

But speaking of "hockin' yo shit" as you put it (LOL), when I broke up with my cheating, horrible, good-for-nothing ex, I took all of the jewelry he had gotten for me over the course of our relationship and sold all it to a pawn shop for $50.  Did I feel horrible for knowing that hundreds of dollars worth of jewelry sold for $50?  Ha ha.  NO WAY!  To be honest with you, I thought that was the best part.  No, second best.  The best part was telling him allllll about it.  :D

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2008, 07:17:36 PM »
LOL!! I like to do my ghetto impersonation.  I like working with new peeps - and when we're on our first call, Ghetto MedicBarbie comes out and they all stand there with their jaws open, aghast!  I was once told in my annual review that I not only bring a sort of "charisma" to the project, but I also can identify and speak to the diverse clientele of the system.  :P   One minute I sound educated and the next, like I was born and raised in Norf Philly. ::) ::)

However, thank you for posting that, because, yes, - I did have visions of you taking off your jewelry and hocking it, and never seeing you on the boards again.  :-* :-*  Yep, Zelda can go! LOL!!

That's the only way to hock yo shit - after a shitty break up, because OMG it feels SOOOOOOOOO fucking good to give the ol' fuck you! ;D ;D  "Oh yeah, tough guy?  You spent $3K on this?  I got $100 for it an bought myself two bottles of Veuve, so I could drink to yo' ass bein' good bye!! :P ;D

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2008, 07:27:48 PM »
I was once told in my annual review that I not only bring a sort of "charisma" to the project, but I also can identify and speak to the diverse clientele of the system.  :P 

LMAO.  You know you're good when the higher-ups give you props on your ghetto-fab impression.  :D 

However, thank you for posting that, because, yes, - I did have visions of you taking off your jewelry and hocking it, and never seeing you on the boards again.  :-* :-*

I realized that after I posted.  lol.  I don't want anyone stumbling upon this and thinking that I'm going to get rid of jewelry or *gasp* handbags or anything.  I'm totally crazy, but I'm not THAT crazy.  Haha.

"Oh yeah, tough guy?  You spent $3K on this?  I got $100 for it an bought myself two bottles of Veuve, so I could drink to yo' ass bein' good bye!! :P ;D

See?  And everyone's always down on breakups.  Sometimes, they're fantastically fun and entertaining!  Five years later, and I'm still laughing my ass off over it.

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2008, 07:28:37 PM »
I got one for ya...years ago when I was engaged to my daughter's "sperm donor," I finally realized I was making a huge mistake.  I called off the wedding, took back my dress & used the money to take three of my best friends and I to Cedar Point for the weekend!  Bwhahaha!  Good times I tell ya!  

MB why you have extra tix?  You not able to go?

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2008, 07:50:34 PM »
I have 4 tix.  Two in the orchestra and two in the upper tier.

I'm still trying to secure my days off.  :( :(   You know it's painful to try and cover yourself when there's only about 6 people to ask to work for you.  :P

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2008, 06:17:53 PM »
It's FINALLY here Y'All!  Showtime!!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:19:57 PM by Anonymous »