September 29, 2024, 10:39:54 PM

Author Topic: Matt Sorum Love Thread  (Read 18928 times)

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Sorum sucks at Photoshop?
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2008, 03:17:24 PM »
I understand why you don't like Matt, I'm no fan either, I guess I'm just indifferent, but why spend so much time talking about him if you hate him? I'm not bitching or anything, just wondering...
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2008, 04:39:32 PM »
Quote from: "NakedFountain"
I understand why you don't like Matt, I'm no fan either, I guess I'm just indifferent, but why spend so much time talking about him if you hate him? I'm not bitching or anything, just wondering...

She just likes Scott where he belongs, in STP. 

I used to be a big fan of Matt, and honestly, my whole reason for disliking him now is because of how much he has been running his mouth.  Obviously him and Scott have bad blood, but the thing is, is Matt needs to realize that all of this Scott-dissing he's doing is really only making VR look like a bunch of crybabies.  If they want to shut people up, sign a new singer and release a new record.  Dont be slamming Scott, it just makes you look pathetic, like a high-schooler that just got dumped and is running around calling the dumper a slut.  Pathetic. 

Those guys in VR are amazing musicians, Matt included.  However, they need to learn to STFU and put their money where their mouth is.  They did it with Axl, and they're doing it with Scott. 

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2008, 08:50:41 PM »
Matt's a shitty musician.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2008, 10:35:45 PM »

I had no issue with Sorum until August of last year when in Rolling Stone he made that ASSHAT statement about how people aren't holding their collective breaths for a STP reunion.

To me that was the ultimate insult and slap in the face from a guy who has been nothing (outside of VR) but a replacement drummer. Half his fucking fan base WAS those very same STP fans and he insulted each and every one of us.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2008, 06:33:31 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Matt's a shitty musician.
not true.  he's a great drummer.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2008, 06:34:46 AM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
I had no issue with Sorum until August of last year when in Rolling Stone he made that ASSHAT statement about how people aren't holding their collective breaths for a STP reunion.

To me that was the ultimate insult and slap in the face from a guy who has been nothing (outside of VR) but a replacement drummer. Half his fucking fan base WAS those very same STP fans and he insulted each and every one of us.

Yeah I agree, that was a very callous comment, and I remember that as well. 

I think Matt just needs to learn to shut up and play.  His mouth is VRs biggest problem, IMO.  That and the fact that they have no singer

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2008, 06:47:59 AM »
I've never heard anything from Matt musically that sounds great imo.  His drumming really hurt Libertad's sound, their are quite a few openings to songs that are ruined because of his drumming.  I did think he sounded alright on Contraband though.  I don't like his work on the Use Your Illusions albums.  He also fucked up the Vasoline drum intro every time Velvet Revolver covered it.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2008, 02:09:39 PM »
You know what's funny I'm going to see The Cult again in Sept (I've seen them god knows how many times. Billy Duffy is such an underrated guitarist IMO and people say shit about Scott? Ian Astbury has been traveling on his own bus for years and is a little wacky but I digress) They have had how many drummers in their existence?? So Matt's drumming isn't so exceptional that you actually miss it.
Not like a Stephen Perkins. You could never replace Stephen Perkins and expect Janes to sound the same. His drumming is so melodic.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

EustaciaWildeve

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2008, 04:46:30 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"

I think Matt just needs to learn to shut up and play.  His mouth is VRs biggest problem, IMO.  That and the fact that they have no singer

LMAO!!  Yeah, that is somewhat problematic, isn't it? 
They sell their words but it\'s all a lie . . .

[url=http://www.fan2band.com/dl/re/scottweiland/1708

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2008, 05:22:26 PM »
          The ONE thing I find hilarious is that if you go on the VR MySpace site..there is not 1 photo of Scott on the page! It's like hmmm all these band members are rocking out on their live concert photos but uhm yah they are rocking out without a lead singer on stage or something? lol I'm sure Matt would love to forget that Scott even existed in VR. Too bad he can't edit Scott's voice out on the VR songs that are posted on the MySpace site! Ha! Really though, Matt running VR's MySpace= no Scott photos- Coincidence? I think not! lol

NakedFountain

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2008, 08:56:27 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"

I understand and totally agree. I too dislike him cause of what he's said cause it's so childish, like when he said he was twice Scott's size and could kick his ass. Welcome to kindergarden!
Matt's always comed across as nice, smiling and happy but he now seems fake to me. I don't hate him, I don't think he sucks at his job, he just needs to shut the fuck up and stop kissing Axl's ass as he's doing now.

Quote from: "Virgojams"
          The ONE thing I find hilarious is that if you go on the VR MySpace site..there is not 1 photo of Scott on the page! It's like hmmm all these band members are rocking out on their live concert photos but uhm yah they are rocking out without a lead singer on stage or something? lol I'm sure Matt would love to forget that Scott even existed in VR. Too bad he can't edit Scott's voice out on the VR songs that are posted on the MySpace site! Ha! Really though, Matt running VR's MySpace= no Scott photos- Coincidence? I think not! lol

I noticed that too, they've erased every trace of Scott on that page, like he was never in the band.
I can drown your sorrow"

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2008, 10:56:05 PM »
Seriously?  Can you blame then?  If I just fired a singer from my band, I'd remove his mention from myspace too. 

I understand the Sorum hate, but seriously that is just a logical move for VR.  Its not a slap to Scott. 

NakedFountain

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2008, 04:22:43 PM »
I know they've done it for a new start for VR and everything, but it still made me kinda sad seeing it. Probably because it all ended on such bad terms...I love both Scott and Slash, so it sucks that they don't get along or like each other anymore.
I can drown your sorrow"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2008, 09:21:22 AM »
I know they've done it for a new start for VR and everything, but it still made me kinda sad seeing it. Probably because it all ended on such bad terms...I love both Scott and Slash, so it sucks that they don't get along or like each other anymore.

I think the worst part is them trying to get another man to fill Scott's shoes. They're gonna learn Scott's where the money's at.

I bet the next VR album tanks worse than Talk Show.
Bleeda blooda

NakedFountain

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2008, 02:43:55 PM »
I'm not sure it will flop. I'm gonna wait til I see who the new singer is and how the songs will sound.
I can drown your sorrow"