September 12, 2024, 09:49:04 AM

Author Topic: 2008-06-04 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore  (Read 7875 times)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-06-04 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 04:28:39 PM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
I was at the show in Detroit on 6/3 and I still can't stop thinking about it!!  I was a little nervous after hearing about PNC but boy did they deliver!!  They came on at 8:50 and put on an awesome performance!!  I was right in the front row right between Scott and Dean.  Could not have a better spot than that!  Scott climbed up on a huge speaker on the side stage and started Crackerman there, Dean and Robert had huge smiles on their faces!!  Then he stood on the gate in front of the crowd right by us!!  Robert smiled and nodded at me twice.  Scott talked to crowd a lot and acknowledged the Red Wings loss the night before.  To top off this completely surreal experience, I caught Eric's drumstick!!  Scott and the boys sounded phenomenol!!  I can die and go to heaven now!!

Awesome!
Now I feel better when I purchase my tickets on presale tomorrow for Jones Beach!!
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 04:35:09 PM »
Well they didi ad 'Suit' they 2nd nite, so the setlist did change .. how big is the filmore anyways .. and was there partying last nite in Detroit(for the wings not STP:)

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 06:14:48 PM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
I was at the show in Detroit on 6/3 and I still can't stop thinking about it!!  I was a little nervous after hearing about PNC but boy did they deliver!!  They came on at 8:50 and put on an awesome performance!!  I was right in the front row right between Scott and Dean.  Could not have a better spot than that!  Scott climbed up on a huge speaker on the side stage and started Crackerman there, Dean and Robert had huge smiles on their faces!!  Then he stood on the gate in front of the crowd right by us!!  Robert smiled and nodded at me twice.  Scott talked to crowd a lot and acknowledged the Red Wings loss the night before.  To top off this completely surreal experience, I caught Eric's drumstick!!  Scott and the boys sounded phenomenol!!  I can die and go to heaven now!!

thats a completely amazing story. im even more stoked to see them now!
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

hack745

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 06:33:15 PM »
I was at the show last night, and STP delivered one hell of a show. They went on late, and everyone was getting pretty upset, and of course after PNC I was getting worried that we were going to get another half-assed show, but they came on and had me in the first three notes. It was my first STP show, but easily the best concert I've ever seen. My only complaints are that the opening band should have been drug out into the street and shot. Their singer was horrendous and I wasn't able to tell what sex any of the other band members were. The other was that they teased And So I Know right before Lady Picture Show and didn't play it. :(

Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
Well they didi ad 'Suit' they 2nd nite, so the setlist did change .. how big is the filmore anyways .. and was there partying last nite in Detroit(for the wings not STP:)

The Fillmore is a decent size, could probably pack in a few thousand if it was shoulder to shoulder. The show last night wasn't completely sold out when I got there, and it didn't seem like it was when they went on. As for the partying, Scott announced the final score of the game during the show, which lead into an impromptu Detroit Rock City (I think that was the song. I hate Kiss, and that's just what one of the people I was with told me) cover. Leaving Detroit after the show was a mess, but I got to see the actual Stanley Cup on the back of a big truck on my way out of the city (I live in Cleveland).

Absolutely amazing show. I will definitely be trying to get tickets to Musikfest in PA after what I saw last night.

live2cd

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 01:16:05 AM by live2cd »
-Dewey

coma09

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 09:23:31 AM »
thanks alot for the recording sounding very good

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2008, 02:53:12 PM »
how lame, they didn't change the setlist in the same city on the tail of end of a back to back performance..............lame

I Got Hugh

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 02:13:44 PM »
Beggars can't be choosers. I figured the setlist wouldn't differ much but that didn't stop me from waiting 7-8 hours (total) to get front row both nights.

Also I have some pics, I hope they work. Let me know.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 930&ref=mf
STP- Detroit June 3rd, STP- Detroit June 4th, STP@Edgefest and Black Crowes July 12th, Robert Plant

I Got Hugh

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 03:25:01 PM »
Shit, I don't think the pics are working. Add me if you want to see them I guess.

The 2nd night, me and my lady stood in front of Robert in the front row. He recognized us and gave lots of love. My lady brought a sign that said Thank You which he seemed to appreciate and I brought a sign that said 'Days of the Week', he read it and laughed as if to say 'No fuckin way!' To ease the pain, he played a little bit of the bassline. Cool fucking guy, Then a few songs later he asked me if I wanted to come up and sing Dead and Bloated. They let aonther dude come up the night before so I was fucking thrilled. But when it came time for D&B I guess they had a change of heart. Ah well, I still got a guitar pick. Robert is definitely the most fan friendly of the bunch, he would rock out in front of us and looked like he was having the best time. All in all, best concert experience ever.
STP- Detroit June 3rd, STP- Detroit June 4th, STP@Edgefest and Black Crowes July 12th, Robert Plant

Hoodstock

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 03:48:58 PM »
I enjoyed the show.  It's been a while!
Hoodstock

Cinnamon

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 05:04:11 AM »
the show was awesome!!!!! STP is by far the best band around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All members rock!!!!! Rob was right in front of me and he was amazing!!!!! The best part of all is my Hawk was holding on to me tight...STP forever!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks to Hawk for showing me what real music is all about...I love you forever baby....Can't wait for our next show..love you forever and always...KnC4evr xoxooxxoxo