September 21, 2024, 08:47:42 AM

Author Topic: New 2 CD Promo - Wicked Synch Sampler  (Read 24942 times)

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
Re: New 2 CD Promo - Wicked Synch Sampler
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2014, 08:36:37 PM »
I'm dying to hear these as well. I figured they'd be on what.cd, but the FLAC version won't connect. If I had the FLAC, I'd transcode it to the various other formats. From what I've heard, the download section has mp3 but no FLAC? Not sure yet, as I've got a way to go to get download access. This is one of the few releases I've looked up that what.cd didn't have available (at least.. not connect-able right now). Quite a rarity. Jelous of you download-access peeps. I'll keep on truckin' on here until I can join you. Cheers. :)

Honestly, I am really surprised that all of these instrumental versions have not popped up on Youtube, Spotify, or Grooveshark yet (aside from just those 2 I found).  Either it is really that rare or no one gives a *bleep* about STP :-P.  Is it still confirmed that we get access to these after 50 posts?
It's 30+ karma. It's highly unlikely you even get access to the downloads though as the admin is rarely on here. I've been posting on this board for a year now and I hit 30 karma in January. Still no access for me.

fattcamp

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2014, 09:13:38 PM »
That's too bad. Oh well... Thanks for the info either way. I'm home sick today, so I'm going through the archives and watching some live shows etc... What an amazing band. Still as big of a fan today as I was when I was a kid and first heard Core. Dean is still my favorite guitarist to this day!

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2014, 10:24:33 PM »

It's 30+ karma. It's highly unlikely you even get access to the downloads though as the admin is rarely on here. I've been posting on this board for a year now and I hit 30 karma in January. Still no access for me.

As dead as this board is it seems highly unlikely to ever earn that much Karma, and quite a shame to hear that when you do earn it, you are left hanging.  Mayhaps we all band together and start upvoting eachothers posts for the sake of it :-P.   Guess I'll try eBay!

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2014, 12:13:51 AM »

As dead as this board is it seems highly unlikely to ever earn that much Karma, and quite a shame to hear that when you do earn it, you are left hanging.  Mayhaps we all band together and start upvoting eachothers posts for the sake of it :-P.   Guess I'll try eBay!
I thought the same thing but really it is very easy to get to 30. Just post your opinion. People are bound to agree with you at some point and give you some points. But it's not like they matter anyway. Lol.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2015, 06:44:50 PM »
On a whim I did an ebay search today and found a copy of this!  I bought it for $35+shipping. 

I was originally looking for the No. 4 era shirt of the girl on the hood of the '66 Chevelle.  I had my chance to get that shirt years ago and always passed it by. Now I'm left to hunt high and low on eBay.  I always come across other cool shit when I'm looking for that shirt.

This disc isnt exactly the 7up jacket, but I'm just as excited!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 06:49:10 PM by NickLorenza »

Cuatro01

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2015, 03:34:00 AM »
I have the Wicked Synch Sampler CD, which I also ripped to digital files, if anyone still needs it.  I never heard how/why the instrumental tracks were made, but I bought a copy on eBay years ago.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2015, 04:56:05 AM »
I never heard how/why the instrumental tracks were made, but I bought a copy on eBay years ago.

Think they were made as part of a licensing agreement the band made between the reunion and S/T. The idea being that the instrumental versions could be sampled if people wanted to use a song for a commercial or a remix.

But yeah, they basically just took the masters and removed the vocals.

It's awesome that you have a hard copy.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2015, 05:48:38 PM »
I have the Wicked Synch Sampler CD, which I also ripped to digital files, if anyone still needs it.  I never heard how/why the instrumental tracks were made, but I bought a copy on eBay years ago.

Hey man! I would love to get the tracks if possible. Are they mp3 or wav files? Cheers!
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Cuatro01

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2015, 04:01:22 AM »
I ripped them to iTunes.  But I could make an MP3 disc or burn it to a regular audio CD.  My e-mail is cuatro01@yahoo.com.

BoingThis

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2015, 03:00:08 AM »
I have this on CD.  There are 3 differences I noticed on the instrumentals.  The intros of "Days Of The Week" and "Wonderful" are both longer than the album versions.  And "Vasoline" has a weird feedback sound at the end which does not appear on the album version.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2015, 03:21:01 AM »
Could someone PLEASE PLEASE hook me up with those instrumentals??
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long