September 20, 2024, 08:30:13 AM

Author Topic: Official BelowEmpty Forum Member Mugshot Thread  (Read 141542 times)

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Official BelowEmpty Forum Member Mugshot Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »
OMG!! I love your hair curly!!  You two are adorable!! ;D

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2008, 04:40:50 PM »
CM - OMG, aren't you just the cutest thing I've ever seen!  I love those curls, too!  (My hair NEVER curls, even with a curling iron and loads of spray. Boo.)  And that photo with you and Scott?  haha.

Josh - the "being European" vetos the "being 300 lbs" thing.  It's a proven fact that all Europeans wear Speedos.  Even if they're skinny-minis.  I don't think they even have swim trunks over there.  Ivy, where are you?  Confrim or deny?  :D
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2008, 04:45:38 PM »
aww thanks guys
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2008, 10:50:16 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Josh - the "being European" vetos the "being 300 lbs" thing.  It's a proven fact that all Europeans wear Speedos.  Even if they're skinny-minis.  I don't think they even have swim trunks over there.  Ivy, where are you?  Confrim or deny?  :D

Sorry I haven't been on much..due to my uncle passing away from cancer.

Well since we don't live near the ocean here..I can't confirm it or deny it haha. But Rik doesn't own any speedos..he actually hates them due to him being a swimmer when he was younger and having to wear one (aka ballsqueezers). :)  But in my opinion, I think it's mostly older guys who wear speedos rather than younger ones due to my time in Greece.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2008, 07:30:15 PM »
Quote from: "Ivy"
...due to him being a swimmer when he was younger and having to wear one (aka ballsqueezers). :) 

So he DID have one.  See?  Told you guys.  European = Speedo. 

Ivy, I'm so, so sorry to hear about your uncle.  But at least he is in a beautiful place now, with family, and not in any pain.  My condolences to you and your family. 

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2008, 08:17:15 PM »
So he DID have one.  See?  Told you guys.  European = Speedo. 

Ivy, I'm so, so sorry to hear about your uncle.  But at least he is in a beautiful place now, with family, and not in any pain.  My condolences to you and your family. 

Thank you..I appreciate that. He was only 50 years old and the first one to have skin cancer aka melanoma in our family. It just sucks never being able to say goodbye to him due to living so far away. But he struggled for six months, cancer spreading through his liver and lungs so now he is finally at peace.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2008, 10:00:01 PM »
Quote from: "Ivy"
Thank you..I appreciate that. He was only 50 years old and the first one to have skin cancer aka melanoma in our family. It just sucks never being able to say goodbye to him due to living so far away. But he struggled for six months, cancer spreading through his liver and lungs so now he is finally at peace.

I'm so sorry to hear that Ivy.  My condolences to you and your family as well.  Melanoma doesn't get the attention it deserves.  My mom was diagnosed with melanoma in her early 30s when I was only a few years old.  She beat it, but it still scares me that it will come back.  A lot of people neglect to watch out for Melanoma, and it typically spreads very fast.  Its in my genes too so I check myself often for new moles or discolorations, etc.  I've already had 3 pre-cancerous moles removed, my first was when I was 9.  Be sure you're checking too, Ivy! 

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2008, 04:35:43 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
Melanoma doesn't get the attention it deserves.

I agree.  I still don't understand how people can sit in those damn tanning beds or lay out with oil on themselves.  Is it that they don't recognize the danger, or that they don't care (like me with my cigarettes)?  I avoid the sun at all costs, and I have the Snow White, pale-ale skin to prove it.  Hopefully I'll be cancer and wrinkle free when I'm older.

Its in my genes too so I check myself often for new moles or discolorations, etc.  I've already had 3 pre-cancerous moles removed, my first was when I was 9.  Be sure you're checking too, Ivy!  

Ditto, Aaron.  I also had several removed as a child and teen.  I'm constantly on Tony's ass to make a dermatologist appointment to get some of his on his back looked at... he worked construction most of his life and was constantly in the sun without any sunscreen (I've now gotten him to use an STF 50 when he knows he's going to be in the sun).

We had a family friend who had nearly half the skin on his back removed as a result of melanoma.  He has a football shaped skin-graft that runs the entire length between his shoulder blades and about halfway down.  Very scary, and very, very real.

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2008, 07:37:09 PM »
Melanoma doesn't get the attention it deserves.  My mom was diagnosed with melanoma in her early 30s when I was only a few years old.  She beat it, but it still scares me that it will come back.  A lot of people neglect to watch out for Melanoma, and it typically spreads very fast.  Its in my genes too so I check myself often for new moles or discolorations, etc.  I've already had 3 pre-cancerous moles removed, my first was when I was 9.  Be sure you're checking too, Ivy! 

I totally agree with that. People don't think skin cancer is as deadly as other cancers, but it can be as deadly. I'm glad your mom is okay..early detection is the key.

I agree.  I still don't understand how people can sit in those damn tanning beds or lay out with oil on themselves.  Is it that they don't recognize the danger, or that they don't care (like me with my cigarettes)?  I avoid the sun at all costs, and I have the Snow White, pale-ale skin to prove it.  Hopefully I'll be cancer and wrinkle free when I'm older.

I'm constantly on Tony's ass to make a dermatologist appointment to get some of his on his back looked at... he worked construction most of his life and was constantly in the sun without any sunscreen (I've now gotten him to use an STF 50 when he knows he's going to be in the sun).

Same here, blue-eyed, blonde hair and pale skin. I rather be cancer-free than catch a tan (not that I tan).

Good for you! My uncle got skin cancer due to him working out in the sun all the time and never wearing sunscreen, but of course no one suspected due to him being Mediterranean.

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2008, 03:27:05 AM »
Ivy, my condolences on the loss of your uncle. :-* :-*  I hope that he's having a grand time at the rock and roll show upstairs. :)

I agree, skin cancer doesn't get the press it deserves.  I'm a beach bunny, and I spent a long time tanning myself - because although I'm blonde haired and blue eyed, I tan into a golden goddess thanks to my Italian heritage. :P  BUT,  I have long learned the error of my ways and now I self tan. :P  I put sunscreen everywhere when I'm on the beach and I reapply like hell.  If I miss, I know because my nose freckles come out.  I also drink olive oil, cause as much sun as my Grandmother got - she didn't have ONE wrinkle.  Not only do I think she was lucky (and Italian)  She died recently at 89. :o :o  She had lines from smiling between her nose and her mouth, but they went away when she wasn't smiling.  She ate a TON of EVOO! :o  So do I! LOL!  and she was the mother of 11 kids, 2 sets of twins! :o

Eddypus14

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2008, 11:43:13 PM »
Here's my son and I at his first Phillies game:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/353/ ... terxw1.jpg[/img]
...and here are my brothers, sisters, spouses and children: (we're a fun bunch!)
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/453/familytp6.jpg[/img]
Keep a dime for the truth you might tell.

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2008, 05:27:06 PM »
Hi. I've been posting here like a week now or something, but I've been an STP fan since Core. This reunion tour has brought me out of the woodwork, however. I've been visiting Below Empty for years but only recently ventured here to the forum. I don't really have a current picture of me, so here is one from Haloween 2007. My hair style & color changes almost as frequently as Scott's does though so up-to-date pictures are tough (it's currently close cropped, not totally shaven though).

I'm the guy in the middle with the tux.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132 ... nat123.jpg[/img]

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2008, 06:04:11 PM »
Its about time I posted one here...

Me and my wife on our Honeymoon in May 2005.
I'm basically the same minus the glasses.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/ ... amaica.jpg[/img]

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2008, 08:48:08 PM »
Yes, it IS about time you posted a photo of youself, Joshua!  And we finally get a look at your better half!  :) 

I don't think I've "seen" you in more than eight years, buddy!

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2008, 04:43:39 AM »
Yes, it IS about time you posted a photo of youself, Joshua!  And we finally get a look at your better half!  :) 

I don't think I've "seen" you in more than eight years, buddy!
Who's Joshua? Not me, thats for damn sure! (The name on my birth certificate name is just Josh. Minor pet-peeve.) :)

And I think I posted a pic ages ago after I got engaged - probably 5-6 years ago now.