September 18, 2024, 11:54:39 PM

Author Topic: Scott should have joined AIC instead of VR  (Read 11155 times)

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott should have joined AIC instead of VR
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 01:16:16 AM »
He would have been a bad fit for the band but singing some songs here and there would be really cool.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 03:54:11 AM »
Quote from: "gizallinyabiz"
im glad Scott didnt join AIC because that aint alice in chains. VR kicked ass and everone knows fuck the people now tryin to act like they always sucked. And Alice in Chains please change your name...i know it doesnt seem to matter to a lot of people but i have a problem with them calling themselves that...i mean whats next dave grohl and krist novoselic are gonna reform call themselves Nirvana and have some douchebag singin Lithium...Nirvana died with kurt AIC died with layne let it go...if you wanna keep playin thats fine but change your name and seeing you sellin Layne Staley RIP tshirts makes me sick to my stomach...sorry for my rant it just bothers me
They didn't always suck, they rocked during the Contraband tour and Cotnraband was a really rocking album, contrary to what many here think, they sucked for the Libertad tour, and Libertad was mediocre.  I like Scott's vocals on it but some of the lyrics are weak (Just 16, Get Out The Door) and the "band" just didn't sound like a true band.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 04:36:00 AM »
AIC would be a sick fit no doubt. But imagine if he joined Creed instead? How awesome would that be? Eh? Right Guys? Anyone...?
The lunatic, is on the grass.

gizallinyabiz

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 10:10:39 PM »
^ you hear the crickets after you asked that?

gizallinyabiz

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 10:22:22 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
They didn't always suck, they rocked during the Contraband tour and Cotnraband was a really rocking album, contrary to what many here think, they sucked for the Libertad tour, and Libertad was mediocre.  I like Scott's vocals on it but some of the lyrics are weak (Just 16, Get Out The Door) and the "band" just didn't sound like a true band.

I saw the contraband tour i think 6 times and they kicked ass every time...i saw the libertad tour 3 times once at the DC 930 club(could someone please re-up that lol) and a few times in jersey and i thought they were alright...i remember leaving both of the jersey dates thinking something was wrong with scott...he was forgetting words changing lines...i thought it was kurt up there a few times as much as he was making shit up...i will agree that some of the lyrics were weak but on get out the door i could get past them...i thought dave did a good job on that song and it makes my head nod...i disagree with just 16...not my favorite song but its solid....head in his lap goin up and down up and down oh no cop lights....makes me laugh everytime...also i think the chorus is very clever

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 10:49:37 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"

I didn't see VR on this past tour, but my guess is that Scott probably wasn't into it anymore. Maybe the same goes for the other guys too.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2008, 08:39:25 AM »
I disagree.  Scott could definitely pull off the sounding like Layne...but he isn't.  In my opinion Scott, Layne and Kurt all had distinctive voices and style.  Irreplaceable.  Two are gone, hope there's not a third.  Vocalist/front-men cannot be replaced &/or interchanged.  Just glad Weiland is back where he belongs.

Case & point:  Queen!  Paul Rogers is a wonderful vocalist/performer but it's just not gelling with Queen.  Freddie Mercury was one of the irreplaceable.

William DuVall has mad-sick talent but I'm just not feelin' him with AIC.  Think the reason they can pull it off is because AIC songs were so blended with Cantrell's vocals also.  (Still miss Layne)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:46:58 AM by EclecticBohemian »
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

24STP24

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2008, 05:19:26 PM »
I would have loved to have seen that... Scott in AIC. His voice and Layne Staley's are just too different though. It would be weird, but interesting nevertheless.

pilothead

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2008, 02:33:36 PM »
If STP didn't get back together...I would have been all for Scott joining AIC...but STP is back! FUCKING ROCK!!!!!!
t~RoY

\"If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend\" - Scott Weiland

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 01:52:52 PM »
yeah that would have been fantastic as long as he ended up back home with stp.
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

Atlantic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2008, 05:48:28 AM »
Quote from: "art school boy"
yeah that would have been fantastic as long as he ended up back home with stp.

Yeah, seriously. As long as Scott kept busy and didn't get into drugs as bad as he could have, then I'm all for it. Personally, I think VR rocked when they first came out. Never got into Fall to Pieces, but Slither and Dirty Little Thing were solid. Loving the Alien and You Got No Right we're hidden gems in that album. Libertad had it's moments, The Last Fight and She Mine being some examples. But again, as long as Scott ended up w/ STP again, I wouldn't care what he did.

Crackerman

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2008, 06:08:42 AM »
Quote from: "Nathantok7"
AIC would be a sick fit no doubt. But imagine if he joined Creed instead? How awesome would that be? Eh? Right Guys? Anyone...?
If Scott Weiland did that, everyone would accuse him of being a Scott Stapp knockoff, Scott Stapp was a knockoff of Eddie Vedder, Eddie Vedder was a knockoff of Jim Morrison. That would make Scott Weiland a knockoff of a knockoff, when at the most he was a knockoff of Jim Morrison. There is nothing wrong with being a knockoff of Morrison though, he was God. Scott Weiland is great no matter what he does, fuck all the naysayers.
Term: Stone Temple Pilots
Definition: Ancient Aztec priests who use magic to fly humungous stone pyr

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2008, 03:53:33 PM »
but in contrast to my earlier statement why would he take someone elses place when he can be the first one and start something special?
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2008, 10:14:37 PM »
Eddie Vedder was a knockoff of Jim Morrison.
No way I can always understand everything Morrison sings. hahaha Love both of them.

coma09

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2008, 08:36:27 AM »
wouldnt agree with Scott singin with AIC, i think he suited VR better in terms of song choices, the type of songs scott writes wouldnt suit AIC and i dont see any chemistry with the AIC guys, i couldnt imagine Scott movin around the stage like he does on songs like Them Bones and Man in the Box.