September 19, 2024, 04:33:58 PM

Author Topic: Scott should have joined AIC instead of VR  (Read 11159 times)

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott should have joined AIC instead of VR
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2008, 02:18:40 AM »
It seems split 50/50 here, but put me in the camp of "yes" for Scott with AIC. That would have been cool...

But not as cool as STP!!!

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2008, 03:06:46 AM »
Quote from: "crackerdude"
No way I can always understand everything Morrison sings. hahaha Love both of them.

You may not be able to understand Eddie every moment but I sure love the guy!

Umm.. I think Scott could sing a few AIC songs good.. but I agree with the large laundry list Piece_of_Pie wrote. Not only would he be accused of being an Eddie Vedder knockoff but then he'd be called a Layne Staley knockoff too.. I think the press torments him enough already.. They dont need another excuse. He's just too diffrent from Layne. I doubt it'd work.
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

jermthefan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2008, 04:01:28 AM »
The new singer for AIC is pretty damn good. He's no Layne Staley, but noone is. I'm not so sure that if Scott had joined AIC that we would have any new "Scott" tunes. AIC has been pretty happy touring, playin' old shit up to this point. Besides, I loved VR while it lasted. Got some really kick-ass music out of the whole deal, and Scott grew musically through the whole process. Not so sure any of that would have happened with AIC IMHO.

Matthew

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2008, 06:29:27 AM »
Just imagine this set list though(In no particular order).

Crackerman
Man in the Box
Grind
ILS
Angry Chair
Down
No Excuses
Heaven Beside You
Big Empty
Got Me Wrong
Sour Girl
Plush
We Die Young
Trippin'
Would?
Vasoline
Rooster
Down in a Hole
STT

You're telling me you wouldn't pay big money to be at that show?
STP: A bunch.

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2008, 07:30:11 AM »
Thought I'd add some fuel to the fire :D

I don't think he should have joined AIC, but try and tell me he doesn't kick ass on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m15Oko4yuY4
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2008, 11:31:06 PM »
He would havbe ruled.. but Scott is no "replacement" singer... he'd not be content with doing AIC songs... THey would have a bad ass set list for sure, but you all know thats not Scotty's style.. Hes a leader not a follwer of someones footsteps.

Divider

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2008, 06:13:49 PM »
All i know is that AIC shouldn't have replaced Layne with the new singer, Duvall..
the guy is a good singer, but I think it's totally non-sense for him singing Layne's lyrics, and it would be the same for any other singer, even Scott who has faced the same Layne's demons..

johnjohn

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2008, 06:20:24 PM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
He would havbe ruled.. but Scott is no "replacement" singer... he'd not be content with doing AIC songs... THey would have a bad ass set list for sure, but you all know thats not Scotty's style.. Hes a leader not a follwer of someones footsteps.

This is so weird!

I've just registered here today and was thinking the same thing ealier on today!

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2008, 07:21:42 PM »
Well yes it would of sounded better and had a better fit than who AIC have now.....but Scott is WAY TOO MUCH of a MUSICAL GENIUS to be "playing covers"...... I'm happy he did VR it gave him room to branch out and do something different.......I think if he joined the guys from AIC and made a "NEW" band that could of been cool, but I'm happy with the VR albums and tours.....they we're a great rock band......

-Chase