September 12, 2024, 05:38:11 AM

Author Topic: STP are #1 on Pollstar.com  (Read 9726 times)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: STP are #1 on Pollstar.com
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 01:17:38 PM »
Quote from: "White Knuckles"
My point, just because Pearl Jam sells a lot of records does that mean they are a good band?  Not at all

Actually, their record sales are not what they used to be (In comparison to Ten, Vs, and Vitalogy), but they are a great band for their live show alone. You never see the same PJ show twice. They ALWAYS change up their setlist. (You listening STP?) They were the first band to release live albums (and now downloads) of every single one of their live shows when they started it back in 2000. Performance, STP may have the edge. But for an overall concert experience, I always preferred Pearl Jam.

I'm biased toward both bands because they were the first two rock bands I were introduced too when I was a wee little 13 year old. But, I still love them both. Possibly more then ever now.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 07:42:18 PM »
i would disagree with that...

I dont think album sales are generated by how "good" a band is.  If that was true Britney Spears would only sell about 6 records and I can name a shitload of jazz albums that should've sold in the 100s of millions, that is, if record sales were generated by how "little or much" a band/artist sucks.  But clearly thats not true, many talented artists don't sell well at all, and on the other hand many shitty artists sell way too many records.  Record sales are based by whats popular, or what's "in" as well as marketing.  Album sales have nothing to do with how good the album/band is, but more so how the single does on the radio.  Does that mean a popular band is a good band?  Not at all.

My point, just because Pearl Jam sells a lot of records does that mean they are a good band?  Not at all

Yah your rite about the shitty artits selling records and yes I have over 30 jazz cd's an they should have sold more than what they have earned sales wise...But back to my point you can't take away from what pearl jam has done there obviosly one of the best bands ever still doing shows and making music...Id listen to them over any shitty ass so called rock band played on the radio today
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 07:44:51 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Actually, their record sales are not what they used to be (In comparison to Ten, Vs, and Vitalogy), but they are a great band for their live show alone. You never see the same PJ show twice. They ALWAYS change up their setlist. (You listening STP?) They were the first band to release live albums (and now downloads) of every single one of their live shows when they started it back in 2000. Performance, STP may have the edge. But for an overall concert experience, I always preferred Pearl Jam.

I'm biased toward both bands because they were the first two rock bands I were introduced too when I was a wee little 13 year old. But, I still love them both. Possibly more then ever now.

Yah man you can't beat a PJ show...you know goin into to it that there not going to play the same setlist you saw on their website of last nites show...they also always play a minimum of 25 songs each nite, no other band does that show to show...they give everything they have every nite and thats what makes them special
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 07:56:06 PM »
I really do respect PJ and i like how they treat there fans and there approach to live shows but i just find them boring, at least there music, ive been to one of there shows and it was very good, they have a huge following years after being out of the mainstream.... how did this turn into a pj vs stp thing again??

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 11:56:13 PM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
how did this turn into a pj vs stp thing again??

STP was beating PJ on pollstar.com. Someone said PJ sucked and it went from there.

They will ALWAYS be linked. It's inevitable.

White Knuckles

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 09:44:15 AM »
Ok wutever, u like PJ i dont.  Bottom line.

its just that damn, i DONT LIKE PEARL JAM, i personally feel their music is boring, I tried to listen to 10 and it put me to sleep.  I dont think its good at all.  Mostly cuz of Eddie Vedder.  See, not only do I not like Pearl Jam, but i DO like STP and Creed.  So, of course, everyone says, oh those bands are pearl jam rip offs, or oh you like those bands, you must like pearl jam too!  NO!!! I think Vedder has one of the most annoying voices ever...

Thus, HATE pearl jam

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 03:32:48 PM »
Eww. Neil Diamond and Motley have taken over the number 1 and 2 spots.
My only exit is a one way out...

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 05:44:39 PM »
Quote from: "STPHEAD"
Eww. Neil Diamond and Motley have taken over the number 1 and 2 spots.

Bahahaha! I just saw that and had the same reaction......Sweet Caroline, good times never seemed so good!

-Chase

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 08:54:35 PM »
See, not only do I not like Pearl Jam, but i DO like STP and Creed.  So, of course, everyone says, oh those bands are pearl jam rip offs, or oh you like those bands, you must like pearl jam too!  NO!!! I think Vedder has one of the most annoying voices ever...

Thus, HATE pearl jam

Now, I am not a Creed basher as majority of everyone on this board is and was. To say that you like Creed, but find Eddie Vedder's voice annoying is totally the pot calling the kettle black considering Scott Stapp is essentially a carbon-copied of Eddie vocally.

Plus, the fact that Scott Stapp is a jackoff doesn't help your arguement either :)

Alter Bridge OWNS Creed.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 10:13:53 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Alter Bridge OWNS Creed.

Spot on.

And Neil Diamond is, justifiably, a legend. Brilliantly crafted songs, tons of 'em.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2008, 12:52:44 AM »
Diamond is a legend so I guess its cool....I mean hell hes been makin tunes since at least the 60's......On your sig it says “Dean said this...our best songs are ahead of us" Scott Weiland 2008.

Where is that quote from? Thats just one of the craziest thoughts....If STPs best songs are in the future then I might have a heart attack when I hear them....But it'd be a hell of a way to go out!

-Chase

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 09:13:27 PM »
Theyre back @#1

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 09:27:52 PM »
Quote from: "DELEO"
On your sig it says “Dean said this...our best songs are ahead of us" Scott Weiland 2008.

Where is that quote from?

It's from one of the interview pieces at the Harry Houdini mansion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0f_SDltiVo&feature=related
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:33:03 PM by Stop That Pigeon »

thewicke

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 01:51:33 AM »
they should poll the best reunited bands...

Tol

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 09:12:30 PM »
STP, BRMC, White Stripes & Raconteurs are the best rock bands now
take a load off