September 28, 2024, 03:55:04 PM

Author Topic: STP on Game 'Rock Band'  (Read 26511 times)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: Rock Band song requests
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2009, 05:18:04 PM »
Quote from: "Rocketboy"
Quote from: "bigemptycreep"
i would assume the 80s got chosen for the game because it has more shelf appeal, within a couple years, the people who are just old enough to know the 80s stuff and maybe a little bit older will be ripe for the picking when the 90s version comes out. by then
I also think the licensing costs had a lot to do with it. There were a ton of one-hit wonders on there.

There are a ton of one hit wonders in the 90's as well. I think it's because everything that was hot in the 80s (from movies, clothes, etc) is being recreated or brought back in some shape, or form. I'm sure there will be some rebirth of the 90s at some point. Hopefully flannel won't be involved though  ;D
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Marsbars

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2009, 11:36:02 PM »
they have down on guitar hero decades
cause the world is colorblind

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2009, 04:38:52 AM »
They announced a Green Day Rock Band recently. If those goons deserve their own game, surely STP deserves their own.

I bet if STP's new album blows up, we'll probably see a full album or something, but until then I'm boycotting Rock Band. Never gonna buy that shit! And not just because i don't have any video game systems that can play those games.
Bleeda blooda

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2009, 04:47:04 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
They announced a Green Day Rock Band recently. If those goons deserve their own game, surely STP deserves their own.

I bet if STP's new album blows up, we'll probably see a full album or something, but until then I'm boycotting Rock Band. Never gonna buy that shit! And not just because i don't have any video game systems that can play those games.
I already said it and I hate saying it, but I really don't think there will ever be a STP Rock Band unless something really drastic happens. A STP Rock Band would no doubt be fucking awesome, but they just aren't well-known enough to have a whole game themed after them. I can totally see why Green Day got one...they've been one of the biggest bands worldwide the last 15 years and quite possibly the biggest band worldwide of the decade. In my opinion it's a waste though because American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown are not good at all. They should've just realeased all of Dookie for download, I would totally pick that up that album is fuckin awesome.
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2009, 06:10:14 PM »
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"
Quote from: "andrew"

I already said it and I hate saying it, but I really don't think there will ever be a STP Rock Band unless something really drastic happens. A STP Rock Band would no doubt be fucking awesome, but they just aren't well-known enough to have a whole game themed after them. I can totally see why Green Day got one...they've been one of the biggest bands worldwide the last 15 years and quite possibly the biggest band worldwide of the decade. In my opinion it's a waste though because American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown are not good at all. They should've just realeased all of Dookie for download, I would totally pick that up that album is fuckin awesome.

The reason that they probably are releasing a Green Day rock band game is because of the success of American Idiot. I havn't heard much of 21CB to comment on it, but AI is a great album IMO.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Marsbars

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2009, 03:23:28 AM »
some people hate stp cause you know pearl jam rip offs so i think people need to shutup about that before we make any progress
cause the world is colorblind

bigemptycreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2010, 08:28:37 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
The reason that they probably are releasing a Green Day rock band game is

on top of all reasons given Green Day is just a WAAAAAY more recognizable and commercially successful band. I would play it and so would a lot of people.

I finally got to play some Rock Band at a new year's house party and was surprised to see Vasoline on I believe RB 2. I got 97 on vocals..thank you very much!!! I think my wife was ready to leave me when she saw the way my eyes lit up when someone scrolled by that song LOL

I think I'm getting a Wii with all the trimmings, hopefully more of the stp catalog becomes available, at least for download if nothing else.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2010, 11:13:56 AM »
Quote from: "MacCausland"
I bet if STP makes a drastic Aerosmith/Green Day esque comeback then we'll be seeing a Rock Band STP one day.

I think people's music taste is too poor for that ever to happen. I wish though. I'd buy a 360/Wii just to play STP Rock Band.
Bleeda blooda

cwisely

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »
I have Rockband 2 and i downloaded sex type thing and interstate love song.  i would love for plush, trippin', and big empty to be added too
C Wise

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
Re: STP on Game 'Rock Band'
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2010, 11:02:54 PM »
Hell Yeah!!!! I am a huge Rock Band fan and any STP song added is GREAT!!!  Can't wait to play them on Rock Band 3 because with the new actual guitar addition to the game, I'll be able to learn the guitar on all these songs!!!!!!
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2010, 11:42:45 PM »
sww huck crumble will be fun to play... i sonder if you can DL the songs for the other rockbands of if you have to have 3
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2010, 11:55:47 PM »
sww huck crumble will be fun to play... i sonder if you can DL the songs for the other rockbands of if you have to have 3
All songs downloaded can be for any rock band game.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

nicolecary

• BabyGurl:)
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • "Don't judge a man till you've walked his path"
    • View Profile
    • My Main Place Of Contact:
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2010, 08:20:06 PM »
Please tell me that you can download them for PS3 as well cause that what I have :)
~big*bang*baby~

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2010, 08:40:02 PM »
Yeah, its for PS3 too.