September 19, 2024, 10:24:10 PM

Author Topic: STP on Game 'Rock Band'  (Read 26224 times)

adhesive-love

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP on Game 'Rock Band'
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2008, 02:06:04 AM »
Sex Type Thing on GH: Aerosmith sucks, they overcharted it.  It is much better in Rock Band.
I know I want what\'s on my mind.

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2008, 04:02:58 AM »
Quote from: "hawk900"
psMedicBarbie you are moving notches up in my book with every post.
Why thank you, Mr. Hawk.  ;D  I think you're pretty damn cool too!

I ordered Rock Band.  I'm hopeless.  LOL! ;D

sourgirl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2008, 07:40:03 PM »
Quote from: "MedicBarbie"
I just bought Guitar Hero. :P

I'm too cheap to buy a PS3 or a Wii, so I just got a PS2.  I am not a gamer, but I just wanted some stress relieving entertainment.  I like to sing when I drink. LOL!

So now I want Rock Band! :D

I am not a musician by any means, but I can read music, play piano, and I think this is fun.   :D

I got a PS2 late in the game, and Guitar Hero even later.. The only reason I want Rock Band is to sing while I play.. but technically I have a whole other game for that:

SingStar - it's like karaoke for your PS2 but 100 times cooler because you sing with the original artist.. AND see the full length music video

Did I mention two of the games feature STP's music.. and therefore, Scott? :)
SingStar 90's: Vasoline
SingStar Amped: Plush

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2008, 07:41:37 PM »
Quote from: "sourgirl"
I got a PS2 late in the game, and Guitar Hero even later.. The only reason I want Rock Band is to sing while I play.. but technically I have a whole other game for that:

SingStar - it's like karaoke for your PS2 but 100 times cooler because you sing with the original artist.. AND see the full length music video

Did I mention two of the games feature STP's music.. and therefore, Scott? :)
SingStar 90's: Vasoline
SingStar Amped: Plush
NO WAY!!! :o :o

OMG! That is AWESOME! ;D

Fthro6K

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2008, 09:52:47 PM »
This just adds to the legacy and was a major factor in my sons new found obsession with STP. Now he follows in my footsteps. I think this is great for the band to attract new  fresh fans and span yet another generation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you should die before me ask if you can bring a friend.

stpfan94

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2008, 01:43:27 AM »
STP on Rock Band/Guitar Hero/SingStar is a great way to attract new fans. I seriously hope that one day they will make a STP Rockband or Guitar Hero, so we can all play our legend's songs -- every single one of them -- in happiness someday. It'll be like a little piece of heaven brought down to earth.
Still shackled to the shadow, still shackled to the shadow...

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2008, 03:09:59 AM »
Singstar and now up and comming "LIPS" for the 360 will have complete album download packs.
Here's a pic of the mic

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8987/lipsmz3.jpg[/img]

I'm ready baby!!!!
 HawkOUT.

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2008, 03:22:18 AM »
Singstar and now up and comming "LIPS" for the 360 will have complete album download packs.
Here's a pic of the mic

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8987/lipsmz3.jpg[/img]

I'm ready baby!!!!
 HawkOUT.

OMG HAWK!  I am SO IN!   You need to record video of you singing and doing your best Scott impersonation! ;D ;D  Me thinks your wife would love it!  Aw, hell.  Us bad girls would love it, what am I trying to hide?  LMAO!

I LOVE THAT!! ;D ;D

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/megmeixner
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2008, 03:30:29 AM »
You need to record video of you singing and doing your best Scott impersonation! ;D

That could be the next below empty contest!!!!...who ever does the best Scott impersonation wins..they could be rated in different categories like:
dancing, singing, overall performance and last but certainly not least slowly stripping ;D
What is What and What Makes You Feel Good?

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2008, 04:56:17 PM »
OMG HAWK!  I am SO IN!   You need to record video of you singing and doing your best Scott impersonation! ;D ;D  Me thinks your wife would love it!  Aw, hell.  Us bad girls would love it, what am I trying to hide?  LMAO!

I LOVE THAT!! ;D ;D
  Ya ya my wife has no taste......she's into burnout entertainers like AmyWinehouse(hope i didnt offend anyone). Sure that kind of music to listen to if youre laying on the couch with the flu. LOL. She cant handle my energy!!!!!!!!
 I'd make a cool pumped up video for you for sure and all the other members of this site complete with dance moves. Ya we should have a contest in the please to meet you section of the best impersonation of the best lead singer of all time.
 Hawk.

lisa6178

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2008, 05:02:51 PM »
  Ya ya my wife has no taste......she's into burnout entertainers like AmyWinehouse(hope i didnt offend anyone). Sure that kind of music to listen to if youre laying on the couch with the flu. LOL. She cant handle my energy!!!!!!!!
 I'd make a cool pumped up video for you for sure and all the other members of this site complete with dance moves. Ya we should have a contest in the please to meet you section of the best impersonation of the best lead singer of all time.
 Hawk.

I'm getting all excited now. You better follow through! :D

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2008, 04:48:43 AM »
So I played Rock band for the first time last weekend.

I tried the drums once and failed horribly and I didn't even attempt singing because I had too much respect for the others playing (:)), so I stuck to guitar and bass, which I found rather...clunky (the best way I can describe it), especially when compared to Guitar Hero.
I missed a ton of notes for the first few tunes until I realized the strumming had to be done a heck of a lot harder than it does on GH.
I stuck to medium difficulty and thought it felt somewhere between GH's easy and medium, with a few more blue notes thrown in. Despite being totally smashed I still managed to stay in the mid-90s percentile.

Much like GH, I felt the song selection was rather good. I loved most of the 90's rock choices.

Overall I still prefer GH way over RB, but the one area that RB exceeds at is multiplayer fun. I can almost see myself buying RB if I buy a next-gen system just to play online.

On a side note, besides myself, it was my two best friends, Jay, whom I've known since 7th grade, and Adam, I've known since we were very little kids, and strangely enough a friend of Jays named Stephanie, who coincidentally used to live in my house. We bought the house from her mom, who found the whole thing rather surreal.

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2008, 05:26:40 AM »
I played GH with one of the pilots - his kids have RB... he says GH is harder for guitar anyway.

My male partner can't play for shit either.  HA!!  So he thinks he can do everything, I think NOT! :P

I'm SO getting Rock Band. :D

jspring89

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2008, 06:22:57 PM »
that's the only song's i really enjoy playing on rock band. i down loaded ILS and STT once they came out. Me and my friends always play those songs in our band. We have a full band and we enjoy ancting like robert strutting across stage or weiland's awsome moves.
I know you want what\'s on my mind, I know you like what\'s on my mind, I know it eats you up inside

Cotton

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2008, 04:36:09 AM »
A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity of playing Rock Band for the first time, and one of the songs I played (obviously) was Vasoline, I nailed a 99% in the mic at Hard... It was pretty surprising.
Sebastián