September 30, 2024, 02:24:53 AM

Author Topic: 2008-08-23 - Alpharetta, GA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park  (Read 26337 times)

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Quote from: "STmotherfuckinP"
yes

awesome!!! they sound great!

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
i just read part of the other thread - no wonder ya'll were hyped up...good thing i knew nothing about what happened before i left tonight!

i'm having a cigarette and going to bed...i'm sure they'll plenty of other reviews (probably more observant than mine) tomorrow.
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/megmeixner
here's dead and bloated from Atlanta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46HCkJwom4o

I will continue to update this post as they come one youtube
What is What and What Makes You Feel Good?

EustaciaWildeve

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
^^OMG!!  I'm seeing the no-shirt-thing and loving it.
They sell their words but it\'s all a lie . . .

[url=http://www.fan2band.com/dl/re/scottweiland/1708

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
The Eric/Scott incident did happen, this is from the old STP BBS:

"Well, I"m gonna call this post a Tale of Two Halves.

First half, they hit the stage at 9:15. Time they were supposed to come on? 9:15. I mean on the button. The order of the songs were the same, threw in Queenie, some of the outtros were incredible, really exquisite shit. I had a HAPPY FUCKING BIRFDAY sign and Dean saw it right away, then saw it was me, was very cool, I blew him a kiss and he blew one right back-while playing. Tight shit, love me some Deleo.
Scott? Scott sang his fucking ASS off the first half. Looked to be in good form. The TM and Dean's kid brought out a birthday cake, too cute, everyone sang Happy Birthday ,and the band were all hugs and smiles and everything was right in STP land. Only complaint, and I KNOW it had to frustrate him, were the vocals were mixed too low, but I was so close I could hear him from his mouth alone and dude was fucking RIPPING some vocals. Rob and Eric wailed.

Then, there's the second half. Not really the second half, but more like, oh, I don't know, The Other Part.
*sound of screeching turntable needle, insert here*
Here's the events as I saw them unfurl. At the end of a song, Dean walks back to the drum kit and counts off with his fingers in the air. I know Scott didn't see him cause he was standing in front of him. And then, out of the blue, Sex Type Thing is playing. NO one, and I mean, NO one in that place knew that song was going to start when it did-not the guys running lights, not anyone, the lights weren't even in sync until 2-3 seconds after the song started. I don't know if it was a breakdown in communication, obviously by definition it was, but Scott was dumbfounded. He couldn't believe the song had started. He kind of ran through the lyrics, but then, midway through the song, he flings a big ole' bird towards Eric while he is standing on the front riser, front and center. Not only does he do it once, but twice, and dangled that bird in the air for like 3-4 seconds each time. I can actually see the dude's point. Like I said, no one expected the song to start like that, BUT on the other hand, is that the right way to show your displeasure in a professional setting, i.e. a show? I don't know. At the end of the song Scott walked up to Eric and pointed the mic almost in his face to yet again show how pissed he was, Dean walked over, Eric pointed at Dean as if to say to Scott, "don't blame me, blame him". But the three talked for a bit by the drums and the fever seemed to be relaxed a bit shortly thereafter.

BUT, it DID lend an insane edge to Sin that followed the incident, with Scott becoming the most animated I've seen him and flailing around like it was '92 or some shit. Dude was pissed, I mean, flat out fucking angry. By the time they came out for D & B they were one unit again, but the cohesiveness was not there for the song. Nor was it there for Trippin with Scott actually coming in at the wrong time during the second verse.
There was no congratulation bow at the end, that's for sure. But hey, brothers fight, husbands and wives fight, sons and daughters fight with their parents, etc, so I wouldn't read too much into it, as in, "Oh God, they're gonna break up" or some shit. I put it all down to miscommunication. And don't automatically assume just because dude was pissed he was on drugs.

First half of the show though was one of their best, and I've seen them a bunch. That's how I saw it, my two cents worth."

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

EustaciaWildeve

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
^^Hmmm.  That's really interesting.  Thanks for posting and filling us in.  So was there any indication why Dean was trying to rush the start of STT?
They sell their words but it\'s all a lie . . .

[url=http://www.fan2band.com/dl/re/scottweiland/1708

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I'll throw this out there:

Dean was interviewed in one of the guitar magazines we carry at work.  In it, he says that on every STP tour, any mistake any of the guys made they would be arguing about it after.  "Fuck you man, you missed that change in the second chorus," or "You started the Goddamn song too fast!"

On the 2008 tour, however, he said that each of them would come offstage pointing out and apologizing for their OWN mistakes.  Through the interview, he implies that because of that, and some other reasons, this tour is going really, really well.

Couple that with Rob's take in this month's Bass Player magazine that this is the most enjoyable STP tour so far, I would say that these bumps in the road are what every night was like on past tours.

I would take it as a good sign that they a) played tonight, b) played pretty well, and c) seemingly worked out an issue.

I have been defending Scott in the aftermath of the "no show" from speculation, and flipping off your band member, if true, is neither a good way to handle a miscommunication, nor something that I would be too worried about.  I have had little hissy fits with bandmates onstage.  While never near the popularity of STP, there might be a 100 or so people there, sometimes more, sometimes less.  But I am still on speaking terms with all of those guys, even the one member I fought with the most is still one of my closest friends.  You're brothers, and brothers fight.  I think it's just a little hiccup.

Hell, these things could've and mostly likely have been occuring since 1992, but everything is super-scrutinized nowadays, discussed in real time, and then on youtube 5 minutes after it happens, that I think it SEEMS worse now, when it may actually be better than it ever has been.

Or, with Matt Sorum, maybe Scott just has a problem with drummers ;-)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 10:48:21 AM by lovemachine97 »

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
The Eric/Scott incident did happen, this is from the old STP BBS:

"Well, I"m gonna call this post a Tale of Two Halves.

First half, they hit the stage at 9:15. Time they were supposed to come on? 9:15. I mean on the button. The order of the songs were the same, threw in Queenie, some of the outtros were incredible, really exquisite shit. I had a HAPPY FUCKING BIRFDAY sign and Dean saw it right away, then saw it was me, was very cool, I blew him a kiss and he blew one right back-while playing. Tight shit, love me some Deleo.
Scott? Scott sang his fucking ASS off the first half. Looked to be in good form. The TM and Dean's kid brought out a birthday cake, too cute, everyone sang Happy Birthday ,and the band were all hugs and smiles and everything was right in STP land. Only complaint, and I KNOW it had to frustrate him, were the vocals were mixed too low, but I was so close I could hear him from his mouth alone and dude was fucking RIPPING some vocals. Rob and Eric wailed.

Then, there's the second half. Not really the second half, but more like, oh, I don't know, The Other Part.
*sound of screeching turntable needle, insert here*
Here's the events as I saw them unfurl. At the end of a song, Dean walks back to the drum kit and counts off with his fingers in the air. I know Scott didn't see him cause he was standing in front of him. And then, out of the blue, Sex Type Thing is playing. NO one, and I mean, NO one in that place knew that song was going to start when it did-not the guys running lights, not anyone, the lights weren't even in sync until 2-3 seconds after the song started. I don't know if it was a breakdown in communication, obviously by definition it was, but Scott was dumbfounded. He couldn't believe the song had started. He kind of ran through the lyrics, but then, midway through the song, he flings a big ole' bird towards Eric while he is standing on the front riser, front and center. Not only does he do it once, but twice, and dangled that bird in the air for like 3-4 seconds each time. I can actually see the dude's point. Like I said, no one expected the song to start like that, BUT on the other hand, is that the right way to show your displeasure in a professional setting, i.e. a show? I don't know. At the end of the song Scott walked up to Eric and pointed the mic almost in his face to yet again show how pissed he was, Dean walked over, Eric pointed at Dean as if to say to Scott, "don't blame me, blame him". But the three talked for a bit by the drums and the fever seemed to be relaxed a bit shortly thereafter.

BUT, it DID lend an insane edge to Sin that followed the incident, with Scott becoming the most animated I've seen him and flailing around like it was '92 or some shit. Dude was pissed, I mean, flat out fucking angry. By the time they came out for D & B they were one unit again, but the cohesiveness was not there for the song. Nor was it there for Trippin with Scott actually coming in at the wrong time during the second verse.
There was no congratulation bow at the end, that's for sure. But hey, brothers fight, husbands and wives fight, sons and daughters fight with their parents, etc, so I wouldn't read too much into it, as in, "Oh God, they're gonna break up" or some shit. I put it all down to miscommunication. And don't automatically assume just because dude was pissed he was on drugs.

First half of the show though was one of their best, and I've seen them a bunch. That's how I saw it, my two cents worth."

Thanks for the killer review brett!!!

yah im sure shit is fine, i fight all the time with my bro =)

I watched dead and bloated on youtube and it was AMAZING

Scott is fine and STP is still the best band ever!

I'm a straight male and i would give them all a kiss right now because im just glad that everything is find and dandy in STP camp haha

cheers_
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
Quote from: "DELEO"
Oh I just want to add that 311 fucking rocks.....hahaha I've seen them ummmm.... 41 times in 12 years and they are awesome as shit live or on record, so your name rocks. :)

-Chase

haha damm chase well i hope that after all those shows that you know that HOMEBREW and SALSA are the best mix and that GUNS ARE FOR PUSSIES!!!!! =)

rock on man_
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Hahaha yeah Guns Are For Pussies....unless you live in Texas, then its for anyone and everyone hahaha......the new 311 album has a lot of good vibe behind it this time around and I hear they are really happy with whats being recorded....I talked to SA a month ago on the last show on the U.S. tour and he said a new single maybe as early as February.....and a tour and record release around there......

Now back to STP......I'm really glad they seemed to pull off tonights show through whatever is going on......I don't think its a huge deal that Scott flipped Eric off or they didn't bow, but its not the icing on Deans cake for sure.......I think this may be why Scott has his own bus......which is fine by me......this is the longest tour of their career....and I'm sure I'd need my space too.......

A lot of us we're let down that we're at that Tampa show and I feel bad for them, I only had to drive 20 minutes back to my house, but I talked to people who drove through the bad weather from 5 hours north of Tampa and some from further......I feel for those people and hope they reschedule and make it to the end of this tour...... and then record a new badass album.......I wonder if Scott is still planning on releasing his solo album in November.......any word on that?

I hope we can all keep our heads high and enjoy this tour as much as we can, through all the bumps.....
-Chase
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 01:04:27 PM by DELEO »

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Guns are an unalienable right, and I'm a Yankee, even if I am named after the quintessential Southern belle. ;)

But I digress...
I'm glad the boys put on a great show despite a hiccup or two.... they're allowed. 

I'm also ecstatic that he took of his shirt.  LMAO.  He looks great!

In the bottom shot of Scott with his shirt off, he looks like he's in pain because his jeans are too tight.  I've made that face many times.  HA!

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Nov 18th is the sceduled date for Scott's solo cd... 22 tracks too... so Im tiold by his producer, hes taking the last group of tracks to get mastered this week.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
It is stressful being a fan of the Stone Temple Pilots man ahaha.  I envy Pearl Jam fans.

LOL. I am a die-hard fan of both. I guess you can say Pearl Jam is my Ying and STP is my Yang.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
The poster who detailed the "issue" from STT is totally 100% accurate from what I saw as well.  The show itself was excellent, but there was a lot less interaction between Weiland and the Deleo's.  Weiland was more animated in Charlotte the week before, but again they sounded just as good.  I went in to this show thinking if it did take place, there might be some tension based on the previous nights events.  

As far as the bow, it wasn't good.  Both Weilend and Kretz pretty much just walked off stage while Rob looked at Dean with the "what the hell" look.

Overall, based on what could have happened, it was a great show, Weiland seemed sober (def. not wasted) and until the STT took place everything seemed to be going just fine.

Oh yeah, got TCQ and SS which they didn't play in Charlotte.  

Hopefully all this is a bump in the road and nothing too major, but I guess we will find out in the coming weeks/months as the tour progresses.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
Quote from: "loungefly611"
LOL. I am a die-hard fan of both. I guess you can say Pearl Jam is my Ying and STP is my Yang.

Then I guess I have yang and yang (STP and Janes)
Which means my tattoo would be just a black circle.

LOL
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)