September 30, 2024, 12:21:20 AM

Author Topic: 2008-08-23 - Alpharetta, GA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park  (Read 26336 times)

tera311

• Arrival
    • View Profile
On the official site someone posted a pic and says they played for hours and rocked. Ok Chase, so now what do you have to say??
-You hold me captive and it\'s not fair. Progressed insanity is everywhere.-

ShirleyTemplesPie

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Good news.  Got tickets for next weekend.  Wont get my hopes up again though.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
From the official board:
http://media.kickstatic.com/kickapps/im ... 20X240.jpg[/img]
"They showed and kicked ass for hours! I'm deaf now! Relax. They bailed on Tampa because of the flooding and tropical storm etc."

Somebody else said

"I am happy that the band was on spot for the atlanta show. scott sounded great, better than i thought he would.

He made it all the way until the last song before forgetting lyrics, so that is impressive, based on previous shows.

The one thing I did not like was the fact that they did not show the band on the big screens. it was hard to see the stage from my seats due to disrespectful people in front of us thinking they could stand on chairs without regard for people behind them.

Anyway, i hate that they displayed the light show on the screens and not the band. So i really did not see anything but it sounded great and they rocked every song they way it should be. "

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
All I have to say is thank god Scotts alive! Thats all that matters.......it sucks they didn't play in Tampa for whatever reason it was, but if everyone is alive and kickin I'm good to go to sleep......I will wonder what really happened for a while though......until I talk to Rob or Dean and they tell me the truth...... Come on bad weather? It wasn't even raining in Tampa! "Yeah we just wanted to sit on the side of the stage and watch the crowd boo is for an hour in a half" won't cut it....... 3 of the 4 we're there.....thats just a little weird......but it really doesn't matter....I really hope they reschedule Orlando and Tampa cause I was fucking PUMPED for those shows! Now the 2 month wait for those shows....if they even reschedule.....if not fuck it I'm going to Halloween in Alabama......

-Chase

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
good for the people im georgia glad they got to see a decent show. enough already tho with blaming the tampa show on the weather. unless you live down here how do you know how the weather was? the storm never even came close to hitting south florida or tampa. it literally didn't even rain in tampa lol. it's one thing to have everyone wait for hours and not show but to keep on making up these bs excuses is just another un needed slap in the face.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Oh I just want to add that 311 fucking rocks.....hahaha I've seen them ummmm.... 41 times in 12 years and they are awesome as shit live or on record, so your name rocks. :)

-Chase

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Thank god!! Thanks for letting us know the show was a go. WHEW!!!

ArmyAnt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Drew06"
good for the people im georgia glad they got to see a decent show. enough already tho with blaming the tampa show on the weather. unless you live down here how do you know how the weather was? the storm never even came close to hitting south florida or tampa. it literally didn't even rain in tampa lol. it's one thing to have everyone wait for hours and not show but to keep on making up these bs excuses is just another un needed slap in the face.

Well obviously if Scott had a drug issue, was too messed up to perform, or even OD he would probably be able to come around  and pull off the show tonight by now. I am glad he is ok but it IS a "slap in the face" because we ALL know the weather thing was BS, as Ive said before give us another good reason why they couldnt be up front. Im sure the truth will come out eventually, whether they have the decency to tell us, or it comes out by the way of another fucked up show or stood up crowd.

NovaAngel19

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Very good news :)

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/megmeixner
I do not know if this is true or not as I was not there but someone posted the following on .com message board

"Hey guys the show happened and the guys got through it.....but.......Scott slogged his way through three quarters of the show. there came a point where scott was visibly flipping off eric on stage and dean had to step in between the two. there were high points but these guys are definitely fighting some demons. good luck to the boys but i think the end is near. i wouldn't recommend anyone to shell out top dollar expecting vintage scott and stp "
What is What and What Makes You Feel Good?

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
interesting.... can anyone confirm that on here who was there??

ArmyAnt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
God I hope everything went ok but Im still worried but also want some validation...time will tell, and time is hell.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
This just sucks.  Why couldn't Scott just keep his shit together so STP could at least last for a few more years and make a couple more albums.  It fucking sucks.

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Quote from: "STmotherfuckinP"
I do not know if this is true or not as I was not there but someone posted the following on .com message board

"Hey guys the show happened and the guys got through it.....but.......Scott slogged his way through three quarters of the show. there came a point where scott was visibly flipping off eric on stage and dean had to step in between the two. there were high points but these guys are definitely fighting some demons. good luck to the boys but i think the end is near. i wouldn't recommend anyone to shell out top dollar expecting vintage scott and stp "

i have no idea what show that was but it wasn't from atlanta...

it was soooo great tonight. he looked 100% better than he looked in columbus and they all sounded great.

evidently dean was riding around with his son in a golf cart prior to the show - lots of sightings. it was dean's birthday too so we all got to sing, cake came on stage, his son came on stage.

they hit the stage by 9:30 when they probably could have gone on about 9:15 (the sound guys were still all running around) so i wouldn't even consider that late.

i suck at remembering set lists so i can't help but they played everything. they even played too cool queenie. it ended about 11:15 so good, long show.

solid performance.
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.