September 29, 2024, 10:30:45 PM

Author Topic: 2008-08-23 - Alpharetta, GA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park  (Read 26329 times)

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
This is one of the tour dates that were announced on April 8 after the band's press conference and performance at the Harry Houdini Estate in Los Angeles.

Discuss anything about this show in this topic!
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
so - flying to ohio for rock on the range but i am taking my son to this show too...
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.

CallmeT

• Arrival
    • View Profile
I am SOOOOO there for this venue! WOOT! 

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
I am hitting this one and Charlotte.

SysTemP

• Arrival
    • View Profile
I am definitely hiotrting this show.

I wonder... There are 7 days between this show and there next show... Also they keep saying 65 city tour, but there are only 40 some odd shows confirmed... I am hoping they will hit Birmingham sometime between the 23rd and the 30th. I always like to hit at least 2 shows in their tours.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I find it odd they are playing this venue and not Lakewood. This place only holds like 7,500 right? I guess it could be a good venue though since it just opened.....

-Chase

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Lakewood is a shithole.  My understanding is this place holds like 10K, is that not correct?

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Oh wow, The grand opening is in 5 days for this place and they are saying it now holds 12,000 seats, I guess they redesigned it since I last heard....not sure if that includes grass or not.....I guess its cool but I'd pick a shit hole with class over a stuck up suburban neighborhood with an venue any day! :)
Sorry I lived in Alpharetta for 9 years and 99% of people there are the scum of the earth......

-Chase

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
lakewood is a shithole - alpharetta is a lot closer although the gwinnett arena is right down the street from us so that would have been even more convenient.

and i'm a suburban snob so i take offense - joking.

i'll stop complaining.

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
just bought my tickets - hubby is taking me - he just doesn't know it yet.

CallmeT

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Happy Anniversary to ME!  Well the hubby and I are celebrating our 11 year Anniversary today and we purchased our tickets today for the show.  STP baby!  What a wonderful gift!

boynamedsue

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
I just received my tickets that I purchased for the concert and they say section 102, row F, seats 3 and 4. But I'm 99.9% sure I ordered General Admission tickets since I'm a member of the fan club and ordered them when they went on sale that morning, why wouldn't I? I dunno if ticketmaster screwed this up, or if I I'm going crazy...Anyways, I have never seen the venue, so do you guys think these seats are worth hanging on to, or should I just sell them on Ebay and hope I can find GA tickets for a reasonable price on Ebay, Stubhub, etc..?

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
No clue, wish I could help.  I have GA tix.  I may know in about a week or so if you want to hang as I have a buddy who is going to go see someone there just to check out the joint.  I'll post what he says.

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Quote from: "boynamedsue"
I just received my tickets that I purchased for the concert and they say section 102, row F, seats 3 and 4. But I'm 99.9% sure I ordered General Admission tickets since I'm a member of the fan club and ordered them when they went on sale that morning, why wouldn't I? I dunno if ticketmaster screwed this up, or if I I'm going crazy...Anyways, I have never seen the venue, so do you guys think these seats are worth hanging on to, or should I just sell them on Ebay and hope I can find GA tickets for a reasonable price on Ebay, Stubhub, etc..?

i think this is a brand new venue that just opened for the summer this year (it actually may not even be open as of yet). the atlanta symphony orchestra is playing there this summer so i'll be there a little prior to the stp show to check it out too.

CallmeT

• Arrival
    • View Profile
LOL, I purchased GA tix as well.  However I was clueless about the venue and have no clue where General Admission is, I assume it's front stage.  Yeah call me a spazz. So y'all who have GA's going to this show, hope to meet some of y'all there!