September 19, 2024, 07:34:01 PM

Author Topic: 2008-08-17 - Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre  (Read 12085 times)

EustaciaWildeve

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-08-17 - Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 08:37:34 AM »
The band sounds fantastic from that clip.  This is the STP I've been dying to see!
They sell their words but it\'s all a lie . . .

[url=http://www.fan2band.com/dl/re/scottweiland/1708

jimmy j

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 12:51:33 PM »
They were spot on 100% last night. It was great. Delivery was flawless, not a single error. I'll post my review and maybe pics (if they came out ok) sometime after work today for the concert chronology. What a fantastic show!

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2008, 01:32:46 PM »
The show was incredible and just now waking up so I need to get to work. I have what I think are some really good pictures from my digital camera. They closed with dead and bloated and were rushed at the end because they were late. Entire band sounded awesome and. I am fairly certain Scott did not have any errors. Full review later....

lisa6178

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 02:12:36 PM »
Quote from: "MedicBarbie"
Will ya look at the thighs on him?  WOOT!

I love it. ;D  He is lookin' good. ;D ;D

Barbie, you and I think alike!

When I'm at the gym and I see guys only working their biceps and chest I always think to myself "Beef up those chicken legs!" :lol:

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2008, 04:06:46 PM »
As promised, here is my full review:

Last night was the first time I had seen STP live since October 2001, and although I had seen VR twice and AoA once, there is no substitute for those four guys on the stage at the same time.

The band, as I posted during the show, was 37 minutes late and I feel pretty confident that Scott was not at the venue prior to 8:45 p.m. At that time, two people who seemed to be affiliated with the band said that Scott had not arrived yet and another guy walked up and said "Where the f is Scott." Now, if I was affiliated and worked as any part of this tour, I would not be asking that question at 8:45. P.M.....I would be asking it at 8:45 A.M. and at 15 minute intervals for the entire day, but I digress. The point is that it is up to Scott to be professional and on time. While it stinks as a huge fan and paying customer, it must be even tougher on the other band members and crew.

Myself and the folks I was with met the rest of the band before the show and, as always, they were very gracious with their time. I spent the most time talking to Eric.

Here is the setlist (as best I can remember):
Big Empty
Wicked Garden
Big Bang Baby
Vasoline
Lounge Fly
Lady Picture Show
Sour Girl
Creep
Crackerman
Plush
Interstate Love Song
Down
Sin
Sex Type Thing
Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart
Encore: Dead And Bloated

These are the songs they definitely played, but they maybe in a little bit the wrong order, I think Crackerman is higher up. All in all, we were cheated out of Silvergun Superman, Coma and Too Cool Queenie….oh well.

What the band did play was phenomenal and as Scott said right after Big Empty, “I can tell that this is a great crowd already. . .we’re going to have a glorious night.” I was in the pit with another person and the other six people we were with were about 10 rows back. All great seats.

The crowd was into everything (the large, outdoor venue was probably 3/4s full), knew all of the words and were rocking out. Not many people were sitting down when I looked back on a few occassions.

Highlights of the show, when the guys seemed especially on: Wicked Garden, Vasoline, Lady Picture Show, Down, Sex Type Thing and Trippin’.

Robert, Dean and Eric were playing very tight as always and Scott was moving around and into the show. He did not seem out of it one-bit, which was good considering I was assuming he was going to be wasted since he was late.

Overall, it was a killer show and just re-enforced why STP is my favorite band. I am even more ecstatic they are back together and would go see them again on this tour without question.

Pictures are posted here in the order in which they were taken (I forgot to change the settings on my camera, so the pictures are a little fuzzy):
http://picasaweb.google.com/BruceGresham2

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 05:14:14 PM »
Nice - I'm so glad you had a good time, Bruce... even though they jipped you on the SLDD tunes.  :)

Is there a reason the photos you posted don't include any of you and our boys?  You know we'd love to see those!!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 05:19:02 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Is there a reason the photos you posted don't include any of you and our boys?  You know we'd love to see those!!

I didn't have my camera at that time. Yeah, I know I am a dope, but I forgot it and had to run back out to the car. I got lucky that some nice middle aged lady let me go and come back in....My cousin and his wife had their camera and I am hoping to share today.

BTW -- I was in Cleveland this past week (Wednesday midday though Saturday morning) with a buddy. Just a short trip to take in some baseball games, stop by the rock hall since he had never seen it before and to tool over to Put-In Bay....Should have tried to reach out to you, but I didn't see any good shows or anything like that going on and time was short.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 05:22:52 PM by Long Way Home »

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 05:51:30 PM »
You ass.  What is WITH everyone stopping here and not bothering to contact me?  lol.

We were downtown on W. 6th Friday night - you could have met up with us after the game (some of our friends were at The Jake [I'm never calling it "Progressive Field"] and met up with us later).

Or, you could have gone down to Little Italy with us for the Feast of the Assumption on Saturday.

Really missed out, Bruce.  Really missed out.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 06:00:26 PM »
so this was deff. a fest. show yes?

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »
You ass.  What is WITH everyone stopping here and not bothering to contact me?  lol.

We were downtown on W. 6th Friday night - you could have met up with us after the game (some of our friends were at The Jake [I'm never calling it "Progressive Field"] and met up with us later).

Or, you could have gone down to Little Italy with us for the Feast of the Assumption on Saturday.

Really missed out, Bruce.  Really missed out.

Went to the game Wednesday night then hung out in Coventry after the game, primarily at my uncle's bar. I was at the Feast on Friday before going to the game....LOL. Then went to Night Town for a late dinner after the Friday game. We left town around 2pm on Saturday after an awesome lunch (as always) at Corky and Lenny's deli. My single buddy was pretty much focussed on hanging out with single girls every night since he lives in podunk West Virginia right now suing a coal company, so we would not have been much fun.

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 06:15:59 PM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
so this was deff. a fest. show yes?

See, that's the problem....it was not a festival show, Weiland was just very late.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 06:16:32 PM »
Quote from: "Long Way Home"
Went to the game Wednesday night then hung out in Coventry after the game, primarily at my uncle's bar. I was at the Feast on Friday before going to the game....LOL. Then went to Night Town for a late dinner after the Friday game. We left town around 2pm on Saturday after an awesome lunch (as always) at Corky and Lenny's deli. My single buddy was pretty much focussed on hanging out with single girls every night since he lives in podunk West Virginia right now suing a coal company, so we would not have been much fun.

I wouldn't have brought a steak knife this time... if that's what you were worried about.  lol

Fthro6K

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 06:17:57 PM »
The clips here have convinced me to go to both additional shows in Cali. hope Scott can stay like this he sounds great. Not quite the Hollywood bowl performance but I have to feed the urge.
If you should die before me ask if you can bring a friend.

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 06:33:44 PM »
I wouldn't have brought a steak knife this time... if that's what you were worried about.  lol

I forgot about the steak knife deal....LOL....I remember now, didn't your bf at the time bring it or have you bring it? On a side note, and not a knock on that guy at all, but I knew he wasn't going to last just from us hanging out for a couple hours.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2008, 06:39:07 PM »
Quote from: "Long Way Home"
I forgot about the steak knife deal....LOL....I remember now, didn't your bf at the time bring it or have you bring it? On a side note, and not a knock on that guy at all, but I knew he wasn't going to last just from us hanging out for a couple hours.

It was just a joke.  He ran into the kitchen of the coffee shop and grabbed it right before you got there.  lol.

He was a total, complete asshole.  Waste of nearly four years of my life.  Don't even get me started.  The final straw was when I caught him working while he was supposed to be at school... turns out, he was never in school to begin with..... what a loser.