September 19, 2024, 04:18:54 PM

Author Topic: 2008-07-27 - San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium  (Read 9025 times)

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-07-27 - San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 12:50:44 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
http://www.signonsandiego.com/entertain ... tounge.jpg[/img]
http://www.signonsandiego.com/entertain ... se_to.html There's a biased negative review, they basically just write a review from the perspective of two assholes.  Cool picture though, Scott looks healthy in it.

He looks like Michael Stipe in this pic, for some reason.  Must be the hat. 

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008, 01:38:16 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
http://www.signonsandiego.com/entertain ... se_to.html There's a biased negative review, they basically just write a review from the perspective of two assholes.  Cool picture though, Scott looks healthy in it.

Unbiased journalism doesn't seem to exist anymore. *sigh* What a shit article/review for me to POOP on.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2008, 01:39:58 AM »
Quote from: "Ivy"
for me to POOP on.

http://www.comedycentral.com/images/eve ... riumph.jpg[/img]

keith82

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008, 01:41:35 AM »
Amazing show. The band was as tight as ever and Scott was in the best form I've seen since the first VR tour. He seemed pretty coherent to me. As far as substance goes, he seems to have gotten whatever he's been losing it with under control in the last couple weeks. I am loving the jamming/improv. The little country song was great.

bonebroke

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 02:15:02 AM »
What order where the bands? BMRC first, then Wolfmother or vice versa?

Tanks!

OrangeBlossomBreezes

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 03:02:29 AM »
BRMC, then Wolfmother, then STP.
She was a true blue-blooded traveler...

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 04:55:48 PM »
Quote from: "Olivia"
I haven't seen him yet, and I am no expert on drugs, but this was what I was thinking as well. Very good points.

I want a Scott-megaphone! :O

Heroin,Morphine or any other oil based drug is required so it can last for an entire show. Coke is definately never used during the performance because the band members will be going back stage every ten mins.
Nowadays rockstars have more technology so they don't shoot the stuff between their toes or legs so the track marks aren't visable to the critics. Time released pill form opiates such as hydromorphone or most popular with hollywood and 90% of actors is oxycontin which comes in many strengths and last 4hours before burnout.
 The key is you definately have to be drinking hydrating beverages in between every song especially if your a singer cause your voice will be toast for sure by 5 songs.  If you ever see the barrage of drinks that Scott has up there its a clue.
 On a positive side is that you can stop these opiates with mild benzos and a 3 day downtime=healed in comparison to doing a complete chicken from the needle that will hospitalise you.
 I only speak the truth and I can tell what buzz scotty and dean have within a few works.  I'll never bad mouth SW because guy is truly and entertainer and the best creative song writer I've ever seen.
 You'll have to take my word and not bash my older brother was lighting tech for the grateful dead for 6years. Candice hired him right out of university.
Hawk.
ps. One more everyone blames cigarettes and his scratchyness ,actually the cigarettes give a really good effect on total sound as long as your hydrated. When he talks like his voice is starting to go it's an example of my info.

bonebroke

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2008, 01:40:14 AM »
Quote from: "OrangeBlossomBreezes"
BRMC, then Wolfmother, then STP.

Guess that was the last Wolfmother show for a while...

Wolfmother newsletter, 8/7/08..

"Grammy Award winning rock band Wolfmother has announced the resignation of bass/keyboard player Chris Ross and drummer Myles Heskett effective immediately.

Singer/guitarist Andrew Stockdale now plans to find other musicians over coming months and to then begin making a new Wolfmother album.

Wolfmother toured the world virtually non-stop through 2006 and early 2007 on the back of their acclaimed self titled debut album. Longstanding frictions within the group then lead them to take an extended break during the second half of 2007 to consider their future.

In early 2008 they regrouped and worked on new material. Initially encouraged by those sessions, they committed to a handful of live shows to 'road test' the new songs and to try to find a way forward.

Those dates concluded with a headlining slot last Sunday at the Splendour In The Grass Festival in Australia's Byron Bay where rumours circulated about possible lineup changes.

Following that show Chris Ross decided to announce that he was leaving the band due to irreconcilable personal and musical differences. Myles Heskett has also decided to leave the band rather than continuing as part of a changed lineup. The pair has been working together on songs for some time and they plan to focus their energies on that new project in the future.

Wolfmother's self titled debut album is one of the most successful Australian rock releases this century. It has sold over 1.3 million copies and received multiple ARIA Awards and a Grammy – making them the first Aussie band to receive such an award in 25 years. Other highlights for the group have included appearances at just about every major music festival in the world, sharing stages with Pearl Jam, The Who and The Strokes, and a special performance inducting the legendary Led Zeppelin into the UK's Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame.

Andrew Stockdale, Myles Heskett and Chris Ross will make no public statements at this time except to say that they are each really looking forward to making their new music over the years ahead.

In the meantime they simply ask all Wolfmother fans to please understand that in spite of their best efforts over a long period of time, they just could not find a harmonious way to work together and that has lead to the decisions announced today."

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2008, 06:38:45 AM »
Quote from: "bonebroke"
What order where the bands? BMRC first, then Wolfmother or vice versa?

Tanks!

BMRC was on 1st, then Wolfmother, they both gave amazing performances!!!

StpjcS

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2008, 07:10:03 PM »
I was at this show as well as the PNC Bank show in Holmdel and the show in Camden, NJ and I saw them numerous times on the Shangra-la and No. 4 tours. The PNC Bank debacle has been well documented and after that show I was sure it was over for STP. But as Scott and the boys have done so many times before, they surprised me and forged on with the tour. I kept reading mixed reviews of performances after PNC and considered selling my San Diego tickets.

I started listening to STP when I was 10 when Core came out, and they have been my most beloved band ever since. It's been difficult to watch them over the years, watching something you love so much self-destruct.

I decided to go to the San Diego show and I am very glad I did. They were amazing, they were the rock veterans I always hoped they'd become. Much has been said about the decline of Weiland... maybe it's the booze, maybe it's the drugs, maybe it's his rigorous touring schedule. I just chalk it up to him being a weird dude. If you are a true fan, you know he is a messed up individual. Rock and roll isn't a perfect animal, it's not a scripted and edited art form.  If you truly love something, you love its perfections and its flaws. Let Weiland be Weiland, hopefully he doesn't kill himself anytime soon, and enjoy the fact that STP is back.