September 18, 2024, 11:38:58 PM

Author Topic: 2008-05-20 - Cleveland, OH - State Theatre  (Read 22029 times)

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-05-20 - Cleveland, OH - State Theatre
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 08:42:51 PM »
My first name is Amanda. And yours?

The rock n roll hall of fame will for sure be a stop in...considering it's right by our hotel I think. We don't have a car or anything so...we have to take taxis everywhere. The Science Centre sounds pretty fucking cool. I'm a big kid to so...it should be fun. We have something like that here to...it's called Science North and it's fun to just run around in and act like a fucktard:P Chocolate beer you say? Have you tried it? Sounds like it could be interesting. I love Chocolate :D

I love Hard Rock burgers...I might go check it out. Is it far from downtown? I've only ever been to the one in Toronto. I was very disappointed with the Britney Spears out fit they had on the wall...barf!

It's just me and my best friend going and...we're usually pretty much up for anything! Do you guys have any cool record stores? I love that kind of thing...anything to do with music really. I'm a big punk fan and it's hard to find old albums here...any suggestions? Or even just cool cd stores that may carry something other the Panic at the Disco...We're both really into like...cool old looking buildings and antique shops...anything like that? Museums are always fun...honestly we're the type of people that have fun with almost everything that we do. We can turn any situation into a good one...usually :P

You're so helpful!! Thanks! And whatever place you choose for us all to get together at I'm sure will be great. As long as there's food and liquor I'm happy haha!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2008, 08:58:14 PM »
I'm Jessie.  =P  Not that I don't like your handle, but I'd rather call you Amanda than Wild Eyes all the time.  lol

The Hard Rock is smack-dap in the middle of downtown, not far at all.  And if you were turned off by the Britney poster, you'll surely be turned ON by the Weiland guitar above the bar at our Hard Rock.  It's from his solo tour, and is just an autographed acoustic guitar.  Exciting, but nothing to wet yourself over.  Haha.

I haven't had the chocolate beer, but it certainly seemed interesting.  Chocolate anything is good by me.  The commercials for the chocolate exhibit mentioned the beer and chocolate tasting, as well as learning about growing the cocoa, etc.  Sounded fun, might be worth checking out.  I haven't been to our science museum in a few years.

There might be an independent record store in the coventry area (the same area Bruce mentioned, where his uncle has a bar), but that's an area of town I'm not too familiar with.  You may also find one in Lakewood, they have several thrift stores and things of that nature.  Lakewood is a suburb right next to the city of Cleveland - only five minutes away or so.  I'll ask one of my girlfriends that's in that area quite frequently, she would know.

We used to have a wonderful little independent record shop called Quanset Hut, which had a few locations throughout the city.  It closed a few years ago, though, and now I'm stuck with getting cd's at Walmart or FYE, at the mall.  lol.  Kind of sucks.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 11:38:44 PM »
Ya I understand...I like knowing people's names on forums to. It makes more sense really. So hello then Jessie :P

I thought they would have something related to him...I mean afterall...he is from there. It would only make sense they would have something to show. You mean you're not wetting yourself over the guitar? I thought you were like...mega Weiland lover haha!

Well...we'll probably check out the science museum then...I know we have fun in the one here and it sucks ass haha! Thanks for the info on the record stores...I'll have to check them out if I get a chance. Hopefully you'll friend will have some information to. I hate when good stores close...like Sam the Record Man. I never got to go in there...which sucks. I've never heard of FYE...what's that? I don't think we have that in Canada.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2008, 07:34:05 PM »
I THINK it stands for For Your Entertainment, and it's a stupid chain-store that sells cds and videos in the mall.  Did it used to be Camelot Video?  Not that it matters.  They're the same thing and they suck.  I'm sure you have similar stores up north.

There's never anything cool there.  You'll never find something rad on vinyl.  They don't sell cool little candle things or T-shirts.  I really miss our little local store that closed.  It sucks.

"Thank You" is the last actual CD I've bought.  Everything else new has been digital.  lol

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 12:32:32 AM »
I hate buying digital stuff...I like having something tangible. But if I have to get it that way I will. The last cd I bought was The Replacements "Let it Be". Awesome album...but I bought some stuff on vinyl at this convention we have here last weekend. It was fun!

I think it must be like HMV...at least that's what comes to mind when you talk about it. They don't even sell t-shirts? That sucks...

arj44

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 10:32:05 PM »
There's an independent record store in Coventry.  They have all sorts of vinyl, videos, etc.  I bought an STP video from them once.  Live at Madison Square Garden.  It was cool because Steven Tyler and Joe Perry were special guests.  So they definitely have some hidden treasures there just waiting to be dug up.  The vinyl section is in the basement.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 11:49:38 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
I THINK it stands for For Your Entertainment, and it's a stupid chain-store that sells cds and videos in the mall.  Did it used to be Camelot Video? 

WOW. Camelot. I havn't heard that name in ages.

There was an FYE store that went out of business by me. I'm still excited about my last purchase there. The day after Thanksgiving, they had the Grindhouse movies Death Proof and Planet Terror on sale for $10 each. Well, my dad had a coupon for $5 off of Death Proof. So I went in and bought Death Proof for $5 and opened it up. Inside the DVD sleeve was a $5 off of Planet Terror. So I walked right back in the store and bought Planet Terror for $5. So, I got both for $10!

But on another unrelated note, I love how the mall CD chains charge an arm and a leg for CDs back in the day. (Anywhere from $18-$22, when you could get the same CD at Best Buy for $12) I wonder if they still mark them up nowadays..
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 04:17:33 PM »
Thanks for the info guys! I remember those prices...now it's all ass backwards. The indie stores have prices marked up and now you can get stuff for like $10 at chain stores. But the only problem with that is a rarely find anything I want in a chain store nowadays.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 04:22:08 PM »
Quote from: "wild_eyes"
I remember those prices...now it's all ass backwards. The indie stores have prices marked up and now you can get stuff for like $10 at chain stores. But the only problem with that is a rarely find anything I want in a chain store nowadays.

The indie stores can do that because the chain stores do not have a wide variety at all. Best Buy is ok. Circuit City is a mess. Target has the WORST CD selection I've ever seen, unless you are looking for greatest hits collections.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2008, 03:56:19 PM »
ya...you're very right about that. Music World was alright...once in a while they'd have something good. But our HMV here sucks ass!

So...it's almost time...I still havn't got my tickets...not cool. And...is there any word on where we're meeting up before the gig?

24STP24

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2008, 05:14:54 PM »
Any predictions on setlist switchups?

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 05:18:40 PM »
Yes.  I am predicting a setlist switchup.  This time, it's not some all-day event.  There aren't 100 other bands playing.

I'm thinking they're going to play longer, and it's not going to be the same set. 

Not that it really matters if it is.  Because I'll love it regardless.

24STP24

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »
Yes.  I am predicting a setlist switchup.  This time, it's not some all-day event.  There aren't 100 other bands playing.

I'm thinking they're going to play longer, and it's not going to be the same set. 

Not that it really matters if it is.  Because I'll love it regardless.

Any ideas on songs?

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2008, 05:38:25 PM »
If they really are going to take that set-builder shit to heart and play what fans are requesting, we can expect to see the usual singles/hits, and in addition:

Meatplow
Silvergun Superman
Unglued
H&H

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2008, 11:24:09 PM »
If they really are going to take that set-builder shit to heart and play what fans are requesting, we can expect to see the usual singles/hits, and in addition:

Meatplow
Silvergun Superman
Unglued
H&H

that would be awesome. im pretty excited to see some videos of tonights show. that is, assuming they play different songs from the last two nights.
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.