September 19, 2024, 10:25:25 PM

Author Topic: 2008-05-20 - Cleveland, OH - State Theatre  (Read 22049 times)

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-05-20 - Cleveland, OH - State Theatre
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2008, 03:00:20 PM »
Quote from: "Volant9353"
That's great that Scott is really interacting with the rest of the band. I really hope these guys are enjoying being together and getting that chemistry back. You could tell dean really missed STP in those videos at the Harry Houdini mansion. He was noticeably getting chocked up at some points. I am going to see them in Vegas in a little under a month and I CAN'T wait!

I think its great that they seem to be getting along so well too.  Like before Kimmel when they were hanging out in the green room together, or doing the bow after shows still. 

VR never did anything like that.  You can really see the love in this band.  Good to have these guys back. 

Jessie, I'd love to bail on this wedding, but I cant.  This is one of my closest friends from college.  I will see STP at some point on this tour, even if I have to fly to do it, rest assured.   :)

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2008, 03:17:07 PM »
I can't wait to get my hands on a decent live track of sin!!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2008, 07:46:30 PM »
Quote from: "Long Way Home"
I can't wait to hear STPGurl's comments....she probably didn't get to bed until 4am.

That is a great setlist. They always seem to do something a little special for Cleveland.

You goofball - you already missed my comments.  I think they're somewhere on page three.  Check out Rik's photo gallery for pictures from "lil STPGurl" - the name my kid sister chose for herself.  Most are blurry - but she did get a few good ones.  And my weird-o mother sent in a concert review, too.  She called herself "OrangeCrushMama" and then wrote (STPGurls mom!!).  She's so gay.

...hung out at the Ritz for a few hours on Monday and again Tuesday before the show, but alas, no Weiland.  I was quite hopeful, especially since I saw a rainbow on my way downtown Monday - we saw a rainbow before meeting Scott the first time back in 2000.  It was really cold out, and all we saw were a bunch of girls from a Mary Kay convention.  lol.  But we had a pretty nice dinner at the Hard Rock (even though I would have preferred Mortons...lol) so all wasn't lost.

The show was fucking orgasmic.  Can't wait until the download links are available and I can relive my little slice of STPHeaven.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2008, 07:49:59 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
She called herself "OrangeCrushMama" and then wrote (STPGurls mom!!).  She's so gay.

haha I think it's pretty cool that your mom is into STP.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Wicked Gardener

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2008, 08:11:07 PM »
Quote from: "live2cd"
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/sho ... post879970

Thank you so much for posting this! Great quality, I must say. Kudos to you, sir! :)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2008, 08:14:56 PM »
I don't understand this flac stuff.  MP3, anyone?

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2008, 09:44:20 PM »
there will be mp3s.  :)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2008, 09:45:38 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
there will be mp3s.  :)

I knew it!  :D

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2008, 10:01:37 PM »

At least I am not the only one.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2008, 10:26:59 PM »
Quote from: "live2cd"
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/sho ... post879970

hey man your efforts to record rock on the range and tuesday's show in cleveland are greatly appreciated...The quality is superb from rock on the range and I can't wait to hear the cleveland audio...They tore the roof of the state theatre, def better than  ROTR eventhough that was a great show as well!!!

My brother asked me what your gear was because he is a members of the traders den as well as taper section...he uses an iRiver to record as well so Il have to show him your source because he said your recording was good also!!

cheers_
Phil
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Curtis1158

« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2008, 10:56:00 PM »
Thanks for the RonR. Much apprecriated. Looking forward to others.

nigel tufnel

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2008, 03:17:19 AM »
Show was phenomenal the other night. Here's a link to the pictures I took from 6th row, dead center.

I've got a bunch of videos as well, but for some reason can't get them to upload on youtube. I'll keep working on it, enjoy these in the meantime. Cheers.

http://picasaweb.google.com/brandon.e.w ... eater52008

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2008, 04:22:03 AM »
You goofball - you already missed my comments.  I think they're somewhere on page three.  Check out Rik's photo gallery for pictures from "lil STPGurl" - the name my kid sister chose for herself.  Most are blurry - but she did get a few good ones.  And my weird-o mother sent in a concert review, too.  She called herself "OrangeCrushMama" and then wrote (STPGurls mom!!).  She's so gay.

...hung out at the Ritz for a few hours on Monday and again Tuesday before the show, but alas, no Weiland.  I was quite hopeful, especially since I saw a rainbow on my way downtown Monday - we saw a rainbow before meeting Scott the first time back in 2000.  It was really cold out, and all we saw were a bunch of girls from a Mary Kay convention.  lol.  But we had a pretty nice dinner at the Hard Rock (even though I would have preferred Mortons...lol) so all wasn't lost.

The show was fucking orgasmic.  Can't wait until the download links are available and I can relive my little slice of STPHeaven.

Ooopppsss....I have a tendency to skim through pages quick during the day. Didn't see your review. Very cool setlist and glad you had a great time.

rushp1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2008, 05:05:56 AM »
ive never seen STP live unfortunatly and missed my chance - I was supposed to go to this show but didnt because of the damn gas prices. I live an hour from Pittsburgh so this is the closest the tour came to hitting my town. on a side note, I live about 5 minutes away from where they played the Rolling Rock Town Fair in 2001 thats on the Thank You dvd. missed that one too - I was on vacation!

great to hear all the reviews and the setlist of what I missed though. come back soon!

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2008, 11:10:51 AM »
And my weird-o mother sent in a concert review, too.  She called herself "OrangeCrushMama" and then wrote (STPGurls mom!!).  She's so gay.

i actually think that's pretty cool of your mom...
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.