September 19, 2024, 04:26:48 PM

Author Topic: 2008-05-20 - Cleveland, OH - State Theatre  (Read 22041 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: 2008-05-20 - Cleveland, OH - State Theatre
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 08:31:45 PM »
Didn't get my tickets yet.  I'm not even sure when they will get here - sometimes it only takes a few days, other times it can take a week or more.

I guess "hip" was a pretty gay way to phrase it.  I guess up-and-coming/trendy may have been better?  I'm not looking to spend lots of cash before the show (still crossing my fingers for new merch and not the shit that's up at the official site's store) - but I'm also absolutely not, for any reason, hanging out at the Rascal House.  And I know you don't know what that is, because you're up in Canada, but trust me that it's horrible and you, also, don't want to go there.  My sister is a little social butterfly and she always picks a cool spot to chill.  We will find something middle ground =D

Cleveland is larger than your town - but small in terms of big cities like Chicago or Detroit.  Are you going to be in town just the night of the show, or are you going to have a little while to play here?  If you have time, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is an absolute MUST SEE.  You can easily walk through and see the entire museum in an afternoon - it's not like Disneyland or something, where you need a whole day, if not several.  And it's really cool.  Right now they're having a Doors exhibit that I'd love to check out.  I haven't been there in a few years.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 10:28:10 PM »
I think this Friday it'll be two weeks since we bought the tickets. I'm just nervous about them not getting here for some reason.

I'm not usually up on the hip and trendy either haha! Hence why I like older bands...as long as it's not some pish posh swanky thing. What's the Rascal House? Could you explain it? I go to this bar that everyone thinks is fucking nasty...but I love it :P Middle groud sounds good...they better not play rap haha! I know for Motley Crue pre show parties we try and get the restaurant to play the bands music...would they do that down there?

Ya the stuff they have in the store is shit...I think their merch is probably going to be super expensive...keychain maybe :D

We're coming down on the 19th. We're leaving here at 12:50 am and I believe we get to Cleveland at 5 or something. And we're staying down for one more day after the gig. We were totally planning on checking out the rock n roll hall of fame. My friend really likes the doors so...I'm sure she'd wanna see that. Would it still be on in May? Are there any other places you'd recomend checking out?

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 01:01:22 AM »
I got my tickets over this past weekend...wonder why your guys' didnt come yet...im sure you will get them very soon
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 03:04:47 PM »
Did you get the VIP package though? And plus I'm not in the same country so that could be another reason.

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 10:32:15 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
The "hip" area of town, where everyone goes to party on the weekends and hang out, is absolutely nowhere near the theatre.  Our theatres are just off Cleveland State University's campus, and the only things around there are the school and some real shitty pizza joints.

Cleveland is a very, very small big city.  Not too many places to hide here. 

If only I was there, we could take the whole band back to my uncle's bar in the Coventry area of Cleveland Heights....LOL.....

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 05:20:27 PM »
Quote from: "Long Way Home"
If only I was there, we could take the whole band back to my uncle's bar in the Coventry area of Cleveland Heights....LOL.....

What's the name of your uncle's bar, Bruce?  I don't usually do the Coventry area, but I'm curious. 

The Rascal House, by the way, is the most horrible pizza place you could imagine.  Sick, sick, sick.  Seriously.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 07:52:50 PM »
Quote from: "wild_eyes"
Did you get the VIP package though? And plus I'm not in the same country so that could be another reason.

No just got two mezzanine tickets...yeah that could be case living in canada that should be the reason

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 12:49:08 AM »
Ah...I see. Well...whatever the place I'm sure it'll be a blast. Hopefully the tickets get here soon...it's getting closer and I'm getting anxious :P

Silvergun, you probably got your tickets early to cause they didn't have to put a package together for you either. They just had to send you your tickets. You know, putting a hat, jacket, and tickets together takes a lot of work :D

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 02:48:56 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
What's the name of your uncle's bar, Bruce?  I don't usually do the Coventry area, but I'm curious. 

The Rascal House, by the way, is the most horrible pizza place you could imagine.  Sick, sick, sick.  Seriously.

La Cave Du Vin ("wine cellar" in French -- my grandad is rolling in his grave, but oh well). My uncle bought it about 10 years ago. Obviously, it's big on wine and they do a lot of retail wine business as well. Bunch of different beers and all the liquors. Small appitizer and dessert menu, but primarily cheese trays. It was voted most Romantic Bar in Cleveland about three years in a row by citysearch.com and the Plain Dealer. Despite that, it actually gets pretty packed and loud on Friday and Saturday nights. It's a pretty cool little place.

Never been to The Rascal House.

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 04:05:38 PM »
Wine Cellar? Romantic place? Hmmm...I dunno if that really sounds like a good place. Not to offend you or your grandpa but...I dunno. It just doesn't really sound like my kind of place. Is there another option?

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 05:03:03 PM »
Wine Cellar? Romantic place? Hmmm...I dunno if that really sounds like a good place. Not to offend you or your grandpa but...I dunno. It just doesn't really sound like my kind of place. Is there another option?

Oh sorry, I wasn't replying to you as much as noting IF I was there, we cuold take the band there. It was a joke....

No offense taken.

As far as a place for you to go. . .try the warehouse district.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 08:45:18 PM »
Ah...I see. Well...whatever the place I'm sure it'll be a blast. Hopefully the tickets get here soon...it's getting closer and I'm getting anxious :P

Silvergun, you probably got your tickets early to cause they didn't have to put a package together for you either. They just had to send you your tickets. You know, putting a hat, jacket, and tickets together takes a lot of work :D

haha alrite, alrite...sorry im a poor college student that cant shell out the big bucks for the VIP shit :p

-Thoman Jefferson

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 11:42:57 PM »
Ya I knew you were joking about the band thing...I thought you were also suggesting a place that we could all meet to. And don't worry about not being able to cough up the big ones either...I'm lucky to have such a good friend with such a good job cause I'm a poor university student to :D

arj44

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2008, 08:55:26 PM »
I love La Cave.  They have a great beer selection :)

I'm surprised by the lack of publicity this show has received.  It seems the radio stations are advertising the show down in Columbus, but I haven't heard anything about the Cleveland show.  Has it even sold out yet?

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 07:44:23 PM »
Quote from: "arj44"
I love La Cave.  They have a great beer selection :)

I'm surprised by the lack of publicity this show has received.  It seems the radio stations are advertising the show down in Columbus, but I haven't heard anything about the Cleveland show.  Has it even sold out yet?

I heard ONE commercial on WMMS about the show on the 20th.  Other than that... nada.

Wild Eyes - do you have a first name?  I hate referring to people by their handle.  It's so impersonal.  =D 

You should definately plan a trip to the Rock Hall on your extra day.  The Doors exhibit is through November, I believe, so it will absolutely be there for you when you're here in a few weeks.  We really don't have very many tourist-y things to do here...

The Great Lakes Science Center is a very cool place, if that sort of thing interests you.  If I'm correct, they are currently featuring Chocolate: The Exhibition, which features chocolate beer, for one thing.  It's a pretty hands-on place, so you get to fuck around with all kinds of cool things there.  I'm pretty much just a big kid, so I love that sort of thing.

You can always check out our Hard Rock Cafe, which is just like every other Hard Rock Cafe in the world.  DO NOT go shopping in Tower City, though.  That's our downtown mall, which the HRC is connected to.  I was there recently and discovered that NOTHING is there anymore, save for a few urban-wear clothing stores and hat shops.  Real disappointing, and an absolute waste of time.

I guess it all depends on what you're in the mood for.  If you want to do some shopping, we have several nice malls just a short drive from downtown.  We have great restaurants, from very expensive to very INexpensive.  You should talk it over with your buddies and send me a PM, I'd be more than happy to help you guys find whatever it is that you're looking to do.

Bruce, I'm going to have to check out your uncle's place.  Usually Tony and I don't do the bar scene (his dad owns a place in Parma, so when we do decide to hit up the drunken scene, we usually wind up there) - but wine and cheese are a different story.