• Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: Update
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 09:16:14 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
You are never allowed to meet Nicole. 

:)

You should probably keep her away.  You haven't even heard my rant about Prada handbags.  I'm thinking you don't want to.  Or the one about Manolo Blahnik, either.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

everylilwhore

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 09:24:29 PM »
Lucky.  I'm trying to pay off my student loan and college CC debts right now.  We both want to get engaged, but the ring price is making me want to hold off a bit longer.  I'm just afraid to take on another payment, and I don't have the liquidity to buy a ring outright. 

Yeah, I had a ton of money saved up and then I got married.

Focus on what is important to you man.

Tiffany's is just a name, so my take is that I would not even bother with them. Look around for a quality jeweler in your area and take the time to do research and gain some personal knowledge on how to make your choice. I also recommend finding out bits of information from your girl. I was able to find out what kind of cut Elisa wanted, but then I took it from there.

You are paying a premium, just because it comes in a Tiffany's box.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 09:41:36 PM »
Quote from: "everylilwhore"
Yeah, I had a ton of money saved up and then I got married.

Focus on what is important to you man.

Tiffany's is just a name, so my take is that I would not even bother with them. Look around for a quality jeweler in your area and take the time to do research and gain some personal knowledge on how to make your choice. I also recommend finding out bits of information from your girl. I was able to find out what kind of cut Elisa wanted, but then I took it from there.

Totally agree with you bro. 

We have talked about it a lot.  She really likes a lot of settings, but her favorite is definitely "The Tiffany Setting" of which I haven't really seen a comparable ring elsewhere (guess its not called the "Tiffany Setting" for nothing).  I know she would be very happy with any ring, but I almost feel like I need to get her the favorite. 

Thats good advice, I'll start asking/talking around more locally for a reputable jeweler. 

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 09:45:17 PM »
Totally agree with you bro. 

We have talked about it a lot.  She really likes a lot of settings, but her favorite is definitely "The Tiffany Setting" of which I haven't really seen a comparable ring elsewhere (guess its not called the "Tiffany Setting" for nothing).  I know she would be very happy with any ring, but I almost feel like I need to get her the favorite. 

Thats good advice, I'll start asking/talking around more locally for a reputable jeweler. 

I'll send you an empty Tiffany box from a pair of earrings I bought, and she'll never fucking know. =P  Such veiled trickery!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 04:42:04 PM »
Quote from: "everylilwhore"

Definitely avoid Tiffany's. Or, another idea is that if there is a setting that she likes from there, find a local jeweler and see if they can create it themselves. That's what me and my wife ended up doing. Well, she did all the research (she knows ALOT) and all I had to do was use my credit card. Hehe.

She didn't completely bankrupt me :)

In case if you ladies are wondering, she has a natural pink sapphire for her center stone surrounded with black diamonds, and some more white diamonds in there somewhere. It is truly a one of a kind piece.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 07:30:12 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
I'll send you an empty Tiffany box from a pair of earrings I bought, and she'll never fucking know. =P 
LOL
Such veiled trickery!
LMAO

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • check me out on the book of faces
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 07:11:24 AM »
Sean was never a dick to me, in fact I remember you sticking up for me a few times when others were being idiots about something.

As far as the date thing, my wife would destroy me if I ever forgot our wedding date.
July 7,2007.

Preatty easy one to remember, not to mention, we got married on a baseball field.
Not just any baseball field either, it was a replica of Wrigley Field(where the Cubs play).

I swear, she is the most amazing woman in the world, plus, although she's a country fan she's totally fine listening to any Weiland with me. She loves his voice and creativity.
If you give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. But if you SET a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

volker00

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/officialmjb
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 08:39:14 AM »
Where is there a replica of Wrigley Field (where the Cubs play)?
I Got a Chevy With a Mopar Cam