September 17, 2024, 08:19:42 PM

Author Topic: 2008-04-07 - Los Angeles, CA - Harry Houdini Estate "Private Performance"  (Read 31781 times)

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Conisdering that I get into the office every morning at 6:45 a.m., yes, I am typically passed out by 10pm. Just six months ago, I had a little bit more relaxed of a job where I would stroll in whenever I pretty much wanted to between 8-9:30. Damn responsibility....but since I am an elder statemen of the board at 29 (lol....), I guess it comes with the territory.

Monday's I usually stay up a little later because my wife and I will watch the just recorded "How I Met Your Mother" on DVR. The show is awesome by the way. I hope CBS does not cancel it.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Call off work tomorrow and get a 12-pack tonite.  That's what I would do.

Excellent plan! 

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

When I get up..they'll probably finish playing haha. It's almost 9 pm here and it's almost 12 pm in cali.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile

See that's the problem. I specifically chose to work from home today so I could keep an eye on the net.....wasn't thinking about the three hour delay, etc. Oh well....

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Quote from: "Long Way Home"
I specifically chose to work from home today so I could keep an eye on the net.....

The next time someone says something about how I have an unhealthy obsession, or like, how I've got issues, I want everyone to refer back to THIS post.  Ha ha.  Awe, I'm glad you're back around here.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
The next time someone says something about how I have an unhealthy obsession, or like, how I've got issues, I want everyone to refer back to THIS post.  Ha ha.  Awe, I'm glad you're back around here.

LOL. Yet, I still do not have a SLDD tattoo anywhere on me. Nor do I openly post about accosting Weiland. Nor do I. . .I could be here forever.

Like I noted in another topic today: "I am 29. I am sick." Like my wife says, STP is my one unhealthy obsession. She uses the same term you did.

everylilwhore

LOL. Yet, I still do not have a SLDD tattoo anywhere on me. Nor do I openly post about accosting Weiland. Nor do I. . .I could be here forever.

Like I noted in another topic today: "I am 29. I am sick." Like my wife says, STP is my one unhealthy obsession. She uses the same term you did.

Don't you love it? I am labeled as having a lot of unhealthy obsessions (most are dormant), but I have been put on time constraints for how much time I am allowed to spend on the computer when I am not at work.

When I was freelancing full time from home for about 8 months when we first moved down to Irvine, I am pretty sure I spent more time on my computer than I did with Elisa. Not good.

Having something else to focus on now is making it VERY hard to focus on my job. I need to set parental controls on myself or something.

Dude, 29. Fuck. How did we get so old?

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Quote from: "everylilwhore"
Dude, 29. Fuck. How did we get so old?

LOL. No kidding. It's Ok though, my wife doesn't turn 27 until May. She keeps me young. LOL. Honestly, I thought it would phase me a little, but staring down 30 for the past three weeks hasn't been a big deal at all.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

My girlfriend seriously thinks I would break up with her for Weiland given the opportunity.  I dont swing that way, but she's right in thinking I have an unhealthy obsession. 

On a more positive note I turned her into a pretty big VR and STP fan.  She saw VR three times with me, and we'll definitely hit STP together later this year when they come nearby *fingers crossed*. 

P.S. I'm working on getting her to appreciate 12BB. 

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Aaron"
On a more positive note I turned her into a pretty big VR and STP fan.  She saw VR three times with me, and we'll definitely hit STP together later this year when they come nearby *fingers crossed*. 

P.S. I'm working on getting her to appreciate 12BB. 

My wife's favorite concert that she has ever been to was STP at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach back in 2000. As for 12BB, no way my wife will ever dig that disk, except for Lady, Your Roof....

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
My wife's favorite concert that she has ever been to was STP at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach back in 2000. As for 12BB, no way my wife will ever dig that disk, except for Lady, Your Roof....

Lol.  Thats the one track Nicole likes so far too :)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Aaron, you WOULD break up with your girlfriend for Weiland, despite your claims that you "don't swing that way" and you know it.  If I know it, YOU have to know.

Tony hates STP.  Well... He probably didn't hate them until he met me.  The whole Weilandlove thing makes him sick.  We actually bicker about it pretty often.  We were on vacation in FL when I heard about all this "STP reunion shit" - mostly the Rock on the Range part, and it literally ruined our day at the beach.  "We've been together three and a half years, and I've never seen you smile like that," he said to me.  When I tried to explain myself, I would up digging a much bigger hole. 

In all honesty, I'm not sure what's going to happen when we DO go to RoTR and he sees my uncontrollable reaction to a sweaty Weiland.  I'm thinking he's not going to like the crying and screaming/screeching that comes out of me when W has that bullhorn.  It didn't settle him down any when I said that I was glad he could finally "share an STP show with me."  He thinks it's creepy.

Cause it mostly is.  lol

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

Tony hates STP.  Well... He probably didn't hate them until he met me.  The whole Weilandlove thing makes him sick.  We actually bicker about it pretty often.  We were on vacation in FL when I heard about all this "STP reunion shit" - mostly the Rock on the Range part, and it literally ruined our day at the beach.  "We've been together three and a half years, and I've never seen you smile like that," he said to me.  When I tried to explain myself, I would up digging a much bigger hole. 

Damn that sucks! I can't imagine how you guys live together haha.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Aaron, you WOULD break up with your girlfriend for Weiland, despite your claims that you "don't swing that way" and you know it.  If I know it, YOU have to know.

In all honesty, I'm not sure what's going to happen when we DO go to RoTR and he sees my uncontrollable reaction to a sweaty Weiland.  I'm thinking he's not going to like the crying and screaming/screeching that comes out of me when W has that bullhorn.  It didn't settle him down any when I said that I was glad he could finally "share an STP show with me."  He thinks it's creepy.

Cause it mostly is.  lol

My wife has already dubbed 2008 "The year we delay having children and spend 25% of our income on STP."

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Quote from: "Ivy"
Damn that sucks! I can't imagine how you guys live together haha.

Well, Ivy, sorry if not all relationships can be as STP-friendly as yours and Riks.  Haha.