September 29, 2024, 12:15:09 PM

Author Topic: 2008-05-02 - Los Angeles, CA - Jimmy Kimmel Live  (Read 44430 times)

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
Re: STP on Jimmy Kimmel
« Reply #240 on: May 08, 2008, 08:00:41 PM »
I noticed that the clips of the actual performances that were taken using cellphone cameras from people who were there  sound better than they did when they aired on tv. Odd.

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #241 on: May 08, 2008, 08:36:57 PM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"
I noticed that the clips of the actual performances that were taken using cellphone cameras from people who were there  sound better than they did when they aired on tv. Odd.

that is odd. ill look into that, because I never noticed that at all.
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 09, 2008, 07:07:12 AM »
Vasoline sounds noticeably better, as Scott sounds a bit louder, almost like he was turned down for the broadcast in post-production.

MAZZA26

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 09, 2008, 11:46:30 AM »
Quote from: "Somba Nova"
that is odd. ill look into that, because I never noticed that at all.

I'm not sure why and how people can make excuses for Scott's performance on Kimmel.  I thought it was ok, nothing more nothing less - he made a glaring error when missing the lyrics but hey that may be nerves.  The fact is any band should sound better (well certainly the vocals) from a tv production perspective.  When you are at a venue live however you get the power and raw energy - i.e hence the guitars and bass generally sound really great with the vocals sometimes hard to make out - that in fact then covers up for the vocalist if he or she makes mistakes or sound a bit edgy.   It sounds as though scott was on better form in soundcheck, probably because his voice was a little fresher, and maybe down to having less nerves and being more relaxed.

I'm looking forward to stp reuniting and after musically a very good performance on kimmel and vocally a ok/good performance i think we shouldn't be worried too much......they still sh*t on most other bands out there today - it all depends on if they can keep the tour going - weiland needs to rest his vocal chords and keep boozing to a minimum.  It's just a shame they won't be coming to London one day in the near future (certainly not this year.)

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
My only exit is a one way out...

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 09, 2008, 04:47:58 PM »
Oh hell, thanks dude. I love you man!

In a  hetero,platonic way of course.

edit

Is this song called the crow? I'll change it if it's wrong :) thanks and Enjoy!!

WTF?!

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 09, 2008, 04:56:21 PM »
Haha, right back at ya man, totally, you know... friend-like.

The girl may not know her STP, but bless her heart for sharing these videos... It's really a shame she only got a minute+ of Sin.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 09, 2008, 05:01:17 PM »
That was so much better than the Rolling Rock performance, which nearly ruined the song for me.

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 09, 2008, 11:45:17 PM »
That was so much better than the Rolling Rock performance, which nearly ruined the song for me.
i dont know which one of the songs you're talking about. but, although those performances on kimmel were good. the rolling rock performances of interstate and big empty were incredible. so i dont really get what you're talking about

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 10, 2008, 01:18:43 PM »
Talking about the RR version of "Big Empty".

"You know what I'm talking about!!!!!".... when he did that during the song. I'm sorry, but I laughed my ass off at that part. Everytime I hear "Big Empty" , I hear him doing that in my head.

Curtis1158

« Reply #250 on: May 10, 2008, 02:02:02 PM »
Another thought on this. Scott does seem mellower on TV as he might be concentrating more on the vocals. Even though his vocals weren't stellar, he may have been focussing on the sound rather than the performance.

We'll know in a week.

Curtis1158

« Reply #251 on: May 10, 2008, 02:18:46 PM »
Just watched ILS and Big Empty from You Tube. WOW! ILS was outstanding! Never heard VR sound like that. STP ILS has such an edge.  Vocals cracked once on BE but the ending was tremoendous. Perfect pitch. Now this is coming from a shower and radio singer, so take it for what it is worth. This tour is going to be killer! Would like to see Scott drop the Jagger prances. Another thought is that Scott has talked about putting the bookend to STP. First, I hope he doesn't. Second, he could be changing it up to hit phase two of the STP story.

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 10, 2008, 04:22:31 PM »
Talking about the RR version of "Big Empty".

"You know what I'm talking about!!!!!".... when he did that during the song. I'm sorry, but I laughed my ass off at that part. Everytime I hear "Big Empty" , I hear him doing that in my head.

ohhhh hahaha "too much trippin andddd my soulssss wornnnn thin....*insert ridiculous line*"
yea i kind of agree with you on that one.

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 10, 2008, 05:20:43 PM »
Probably not a great sign that a new performance from Kimmel, Gavin Degraw was put up before STP... Grrr...

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2008, 07:36:55 PM »
About 45 seconds into Big Empty Scott's vocals got good.  He was a little rough on ILS, but turned it up near the end.  Scott will be fine for the tour, by May 17th he will have had 17 days to rest his voice, so I think he'll be fine.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11