September 29, 2024, 06:31:01 AM

Author Topic: 2008-05-02 - Los Angeles, CA - Jimmy Kimmel Live  (Read 44423 times)

veeno

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-05-01 - Los Angeles, CA - Jimmy Kimmel Live Mini Concert
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2008, 11:24:05 PM »
Nice to see they played Silvergun Superman...
And you can't go wrong with Vasoline and Trippin' On A Hole...

Jeremy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP on Jimmy Kimmel
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2008, 11:27:52 PM »
Having just watched the performances now, I think they both went over great. I don't think Scott sounded that bad at all... If anything, I enjoyed his singing tonight more than I usually do.

Dean and Rob were both awesome, as usual. The bass on Trippin' was incredible. Kretz still sounded like he was banging on cardboard boxes but that's become expected with him.

Good stuff overall. The opening skit was pretty funny too.

~Jeremy~

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2008, 11:34:54 PM »
Quote from: "In Utero"
Went to the taping arrived about 5:45 we were let in around 7:00 STP came out around 8:15.

They were great so fucking cool to see them all together, the songs they chose to play were awesome! I was especially happy to hear "Silvergun Superman" and "Sin"!!!

They were all happy Scott was a little wobbly I think he'll find his place in the band again I think it's hard to take off one hat and put on another.

Here's my one pick of Sound Check Dean is on stage
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2040/245 ... 03.jpg?v=0[/img]

Hey In Utero cool to see you went to the show. Great to hear that you had a good time at the show. :)
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2008, 12:45:54 AM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
Cool thanks for the confirm.  I think people are confused because you didn't include it your orginial set list post.

I was one of those confused :)
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Curtis1158

« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2008, 01:33:25 AM »
I guess we'll all get our answers on May 17th. Should be interesting.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2008, 05:04:29 AM »
Quote from: "Son Of Sam"
Scotts voice was a little cracky. he sounded fine though on 04/07. I dont think hes on heroin like some folks do. He's probably worn out from all the double takes on his solo cd. He needs to lose the suit thats too formal for rock n roll. Thats the other reason he cant move cause of the suit

Suit was fine but that shirt needed ironing....

In Utero

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2008, 05:07:51 AM »
Quote from: "Ivy"
Hey In Utero cool to see you went to the show. Great to hear that you had a good time at the show. :)

Thanks Ivy.

The waiting sucked I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin waiting.

Once they came out I thought I was going to jump over the barricade I was so happy.. very exciting stuff!! :)

KingSnake

• Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitestripes.net
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2008, 06:29:55 AM »
Well, I cant really add anything new to this.. I also thought his voice sounded scratchy and rough, and the performance did not blow me away, its just nice seeing the band back together playing their tunes.  I am a bit concerned about Scott coming off a VR tour, and jumping right into a STP reunion tour and it sounds like a new album directly after the tour.. that's a lot without any real break.  crossing my fingers it all goes as planned!
My web community: WhiteStripes.net (13 years old as of Feb 2015)

everylilwhore

« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2008, 07:17:33 AM »
Quote from: "Vaporized"
The last time I have seen him look and sound this bad was is when they played Big Bang Baby on Letterman. He even moved the same way during that performance.

I have been around STP too long. I KNOW what is coming next, even though positivity is what is needed right now. It's hard to be positive after seeing that trainwreck of a performance as their debut on late night tv in over 6 years. The other guys looked and sounded great. I just hope Scott doesn't fuck this all up again.

And if ANYONE can tell me this was a good performance and that after seeing that they are stoked for this tour then you need to re-evaluate things. Listen to past STP boots.

This was pretty awful.

Sorry guys, just my opinion...

Normally I would agree, but for the most part during LIVE/TAPED TV performances Mr Weiland has never moved as much as he does during a full on live set (he even dresses differently sometimes).

I thought he sounded great on Trippin. His voice is strained. I don't read too much into his lack of movement. He is re-learning this group of guys again.

I would have loved to have heard that whole set though. Too bad I am lazy and have puppy who bites like there is no tomorrow.

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2008, 12:04:22 PM »
This is crazy... Six months ago if someone told you STP would be playing Kimmel and a 65 date tour everyone would be sh**ting themselves. Now everyone wants to be a critic because Weiland isn't hitting on all cylinders right from the get-go. He even said in the Rolling Stone interview that they are still trying to get back in the groove and be at the point where he automatically knows where his band mates are on stage without looking. The guys are just filling each other out still (hence the lack of movement on his part). As for Weiland's voice, it will be fine. He's just been singing a completely different style of music with VR for the last 3 or 4 years.

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2008, 02:01:08 PM »
i saw nothing really wrong with the performances -
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2008, 03:30:45 PM »
I'll tell you what, when I saw them play Silvergun Superman and Sin, I did poop in my pants. Scott is obviously still trying to get into the groove of it all, and he obviously has to do some recoup from a long tour of screaming out VR material. Give it time folks... I have no doubt we will once again see performances of this stature: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI89F6lwuos
My only exit is a one way out...

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2008, 03:47:34 PM »
anybody that went to the show manage to get a vid of silvergun or sin at all?
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

Curtis1158

Pontiac Garage
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2008, 03:57:39 PM »
Any word on the rest of ILS from Kimmel on the net. Def Leppard is up. No sign of the rest of the STP that they cut which was Interstate Love Song. I don't expect to see Sin and SS, but was hoping for a complete song (as they went to commercial-which ened the show).

Ack56

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2008, 03:58:04 PM »
That clip from Storytellers is AMAZING.  Sorry to get off subject but does anyone know where I could get a DVD copy of the Storytellers, been trying forever!

Thanks so much.