September 29, 2024, 06:24:43 AM

Author Topic: 2008-05-02 - Los Angeles, CA - Jimmy Kimmel Live  (Read 44421 times)

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP on Jimmy Kimmel
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2008, 06:50:51 PM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"
I'm buying tickets for the show at the Woodlands, and seeing them live for the first time...wow.

You're in TX?  Where at?  I'm in Austin

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2008, 07:06:10 PM »
i thought it was a decent performance.  i thought scott sounded fine.  Would have enjoyed seeing Sin and especially SS.  That song is awesome.  I did notice the forgotten line during Vasoline.  It was funny.  I did think he was a bit reserved.  He's usually all over the stage throwing himself around especially during Trippin.  I am a tad worried about his sobriety............ 

pj88

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2008, 07:11:20 PM »
From what I've heard they rocked!

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2008, 07:50:08 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
You're in TX?  Where at?  I'm in Austin

Houston.

I did think he was a bit reserved.  He's usually all over the stage throwing himself around especially during Trippin.  I am a tad worried about his sobriety............
Maybe he's more reserved when he is sober...?

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2008, 08:18:21 PM »
I don't know what all of you are watching but I thought this was absolutely perfect. Just seeing them play again with the STP classic logo on their drums knowing this was the authentic STP, not Velvet Revolver or Army of Anyone.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 08:23:07 PM by VeiledTrickerySTP »

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2008, 08:34:33 PM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"
Maybe he's more reserved when he is sober...?

I think you're definitely right there.

Curtis1158

« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2008, 08:36:23 PM »
A couple thoughts:
Band was high octane
Scott's vocals were off and not active at all. I was hoping for the STP Scott that we are looking for.
Scott missed a lead in and actually stumbled a bit.

However, Scott never seemed to be more that much on any TV apprearance.

Scott around Christmas does not compare to today. I was at VR Trenton and Scott was bloated in the face, sweaty, dragging his feet and way off his game. I was hoping for more last night, but we'll see as the tour progresses. The 8 days off may help.

I have been watching the Thank You DVD lately and the stuff from Rolling Rock is Killer!! Holy smoke. Scott was a man possessed.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2008, 08:42:43 PM »
Quote from: "Curtis1158"
I have been watching the Thank You DVD lately and the stuff from Rolling Rock is Killer!! Holy smoke. Scott was a man possessed.

See, that's where I disagree. I thought he was OTT and borderline embarrassing in places. Plus, bear in mind that they were promoting SLDD - hard to imagine a less suitable persona for that album. Just my opinion.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2008, 09:05:41 PM »
Quote from: "Stop That Pigeon"
See, that's where I disagree. I thought he was OTT and borderline embarrassing in places. Plus, bear in mind that they were promoting SLDD - hard to imagine a less suitable persona for that album. Just my opinion.

I'm with you there. Find the performance of "Coma" from that show...it's floating around on youtube.  The so-called "high part" can be called that only because it's the part of the song where he sounds like he is high.

Now THAT show was one where he was obviously loaded.

Layne&Wasp

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2008, 09:07:30 PM »
he must of had trouble hearing himself.  he was very nasally compared to usual.  the band sounded extremely tight and i hope that it was a trouble hearing for scott because he looked off a bit.

pj88

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2008, 09:17:57 PM »
Quote from: "Layne&Wasp"
he must of had trouble hearing himself.  he was very nasally compared to usual.  the band sounded extremely tight and i hope that it was a trouble hearing for scott because he looked off a bit.

That's kind of being nice. He was a little off. But, the band was killer. I guess touring can weigh heavily on ones voice. My hat goes off to him though, I couldn't do it.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2008, 09:38:51 PM »
For everyone who has access to the downloads forum, here are two .avi versions of what aired on TV.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2008, 10:28:23 PM »
I totally forgot about this....Does anyone have a good quality version? They are not showing it on the Jimmy Kimmel stream.....:(

Thanks,
-Chase

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • check me out on the book of faces
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2008, 10:30:41 PM »
Yeah, I gotta say that as much as I love this band and Scotty himself, Scott sucked last night. His voice is strained, he looked sick and lethargic. I don't get his hair or what he was wearing. I guess I'm hoping the see the Scott that performed at the House of Blues in L.A. back in 2000.
If you give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. But if you SET a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2008, 10:42:02 PM »
Scotts voice was a little cracky. he sounded fine though on 04/07. I dont think hes on heroin like some folks do. He's probably worn out from all the double takes on his solo cd. He needs to lose the suit thats too formal for rock n roll. Thats the other reason he cant move cause of the suit