September 29, 2024, 04:25:07 AM

Author Topic: 2008-05-02 - Los Angeles, CA - Jimmy Kimmel Live  (Read 44417 times)

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP on Jimmy Kimmel
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2008, 04:36:34 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Scott's voice really comes off better live than it does on TV, I mean it was a little off but I was there and it looked like he was trying his best and he didn't look loaded at all to me, he looked/sounded a lot better than he did when I saw him in September.  His best vocal performances were Sin and Silvergun Superman, with his worst being Big Empty.

I think his voice on the tv mix was a little low for my preference.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Matthew

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2008, 04:40:31 PM »
Vasoline was a bit rough. I miss the Scott were used to seeing live flailing around like madman. With trippin' it got a little better. I'm not worried Because we all know Scott with give it his all during the tour. I'm more concerned with his mullet to be honest. Whats up with that hair?
STP: A bunch.

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2008, 04:41:32 PM »
You know he did say on Stern that he is taking medicine for his bi polar.  That will make you seem a bit numb or distant.  At least he has made comments in the past that he doesn't like those meds because of stuff like that.  He doesn't run around on stage for TV like "normal" concerts.  I know he was a lot more active when I saw VR than he was on Kimmel with VR.  

STPjersey30d

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2008, 04:41:46 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
set list:
Vasoline
Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart
Interstate Love Song
Silvergun Superman
Some funk song tease, I forgot the name
Big Empty

Amazing show, best concert I've ever been too.  Tightest band I've ever seen, they were all ripping and Scott sung his heart out.  Sin was breathtaking, best song of the night, heard them play it during soundcheck from a distance and pumped me up.  Silvergun Superman was second best, Dean was just ripping.  So amazing to see them together, felt surreal, during the concert, for the first time, I forgot I was at a concert.  Amazing pumped up crowd with several STP chants, just an amazing show.  Very long line before the show, went around the block, probably 1000 people, I heard a lot of people talking shit about Velvet Revolver, pretty funny, they were the bud of jokes the whole day.  I waited in line from 6 until 7, and STP went on at 8:30 I think (pacific).  God it was just so fucking amazing, great set list, can't wait to see them again at the Hollywood Bowl, this was my best musical experience EVER.

Thanks for the awesome review!  I am super excited about STP!

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2008, 04:44:10 PM »
Yes, he needs to get his hair cut... bad.

He also needs to gain some weight. Every time I see him he looks thinner and thinner. His voice has totally changed because of that...
Take it.

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2008, 04:44:42 PM »
Brett - You didn't like Scott on Big Empty? I actually loved it, sounded more like his early days performing it, they didn't rush it, nice smooth slow tempo, Scott did it deeper than he has been singing lately. I thought he sounded great. Once dean lit that cig I knew that he was about to "slide"...

Overall, such an awesome evening last night.
My only exit is a one way out...

craziak

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2008, 04:45:30 PM »
it would have been nice to hear silvergun superman live.  does anyone have any clips of that tune? 
that's probably my fav STP song

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2008, 04:48:28 PM »
Scott DEF needs a haircut.  I'm not digging the current hair style, but suit looked good. 

Dean looked absolutely fantastic, the best I have seen him in years.  I saw him on the AoA tour and he looked tired and beaten down. 

Matthew

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2008, 04:51:44 PM »
I wish Kimmel showed more of the performance. I mean two and a quarter songs is great, but I could have done without watching to P.Diddy whore himself and his brands out the public.
STP: A bunch.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2008, 04:52:35 PM »
Wuz diggn some of Robs dancs moves

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2008, 04:52:48 PM »
It might have been the mix, I barely heard Scott on Big Empty, it wasn't terrible by any means, I enjoyed it, I just thought every other song was better, but now watching the videos Trippin was probably his worst.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Blubaby

• Arrival
    • View Profile
    • http://www.blubaby.com
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2008, 04:57:44 PM »
I wrote a friend of mine right after the first song and said, "Ooh... I don't know about that."  I've been a die-hard fan of this team for 16 years (and always a fan of Scott the performer and the singer).  But last night, as good as the band sounded, I really was almost sad watching Scott.  I've seen them live at least six times, and I've never seen him so feeble.  :-(  As usual I hope for the best, but that was a sorry comeback after six years in the ether.

Meanwhile, I put up a very clean and complete clip of of Vaseline from last night including the silly opening bit:
http://blubaby.com/BluTube

Man, I haven't posted in here for... ever.  Hi STPeeps!

--Blu

And who knows if anything will end up here, but it might be worth a bookmark:
http://abc.go.com/primetime/jimmykimmel ... index.html

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »
I also disagree with the Big Bang Baby  comment.  I know where you are coming from, but you could look at him on that performance and see he was completely out of his mind.  That wasn't the case last night.  Based on what people are saying who were actually there, they seem to have a more positive impression on the show which is more important than what those of us sitting on our couch think, right?

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2008, 05:03:29 PM »
Where are you guys watching the videos? I only see the Vasoline performance on YouTube, and the Kimmel site never updates the musical performances...

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2008, 05:04:35 PM »
Weiland seemed fine on the beginning little part also.  If he was completely loaded, I am thinking that doesn't take place.